Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

This Myth : Bat Came To My House : What Is Your Interpretation

2 months ago, A bat flew and hang upside down outside my condo door. Morning disappear, at night come back, hang same spot.

From classical fengshui, what is your interpretation ?

From non-clasiscal fengshui (i used non-classical means buying cheap fengshui items -another school of thoughts ), what is your interpretation ?

I did ask Mr Chang (classical) and Mr Tong (classical too but include non-classical as well) on this issue. I have already known the "myth results", but want to hear what the forum says.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
2 months ago, A bat flew and hang upside down outside my condo door. Morning disappear, at night come back, hang same spot.

From non-clasiscal fengshui (i used non-classical means buying cheap fengshui items -another school of thoughts ), what is your interpretation ?

I did ask Mr Chang (classical) and Mr Tong (classical too but include non-classical as well) on this issue. I have already known the "myth results", but want to hear what the forum says.

classic = symbolize vampire hanging around?

Non classic = are u batman in disguise? Well, put a mirror to scare the bat away

Sorry, I don't know anything. Pardon me for my wild guess but there aren't lots of bats around in SG. Wonder where it come from.

Wild bats flew into my flat twice. Chased it out cuz my kids were scared.

Other than a fright, nothing good or bad happened.

My take is: they are just wild scavengers trying their luck to see if they can find food.

Don't have to read too much into it.

Cheers.

Animals are comparatively more sensitive to "Qi" surround the environments , than human do. Your condo front door must be more surrounded with more "Yin" than "Yang" components , therefore attracted bat for "resting". A good "resting" place always associate with soft, darker, curves space, cool ambient color/temperature, etc which make ppl feel "like to rest" or "comfortable".

A TV set "not suitable" to be installed in MBR is for this principal, TV programmes/pictures/lightflashes created "Yang" ambience which is "no good" for "resting/sleeping". Same thing, a colouful bed sheet, say with striking orange color, will stimulate one's brain thus lead to "no good rest/sleep". These are quite "common sense" but FS can explain these. A hall should be more Yang -bright, dry, flow of air to stimulate communication. A study place should be designed with more Yin - cool, soft, quite...- to stimulate reading/thinking/writing, etc .

Yin-Yang theory(Qi) is good at "explaining" environmental-related issues in a broad way. 5-element theory is another "higher" theory to "blend" human into the nature naturally, however, the assigning of these 5 elements to things( stove, furniture, drain, mirror, etc) surrounding us is quite "subjective", not to mention those confusing & scretive "directional" factors. I'll explain more such later.

Edited by bepgof

I am a scientific person too, actually anyone in the forum is right ..BAT has nothing to do but just happen to fly by.

But since it appear in outside my door for no apparent reason, and i've nothing to do, i ask the geomancers what is the signifiant of it.

I ask Mr Chang - he told me it depends on where and which angle it rest.

I ask Mr Tong - he say don't chase away as bat is a symbolic of luck, ask me go buy 4d.

As i m not a gmbler, i decide to buy 1 system 7, cost me $3.50 . The next draw i won.

It is not the amount i win, but i would have miss an small opportunity from different geomancer's view.

Please note that i m not comparing Mr Tong vs Mr Chang, but i was given the right advice at the right point in time.

Not sure if it means anything but heard and saw with my own eyes:

My MIL's neiighbour has a tree in the garden, when evening comes, the bats will hang there or fly around. MIL said the family was doing fine at first. Now their 320 merc become proton saga. Not sure its their house feng shui or anything to do with the bats.

That's creepy! Merc to Proton!! I wonder howBruce Wayne manage to so wealthy.. Haha

He was wealthy before he became a Bat!

I am a scientific person too, actually anyone in the forum is right ..BAT has nothing to do but just happen to fly by.

But since it appear in outside my door for no apparent reason, and i've nothing to do, i ask the geomancers what is the signifiant of it.

I ask Mr Chang - he told me it depends on where and which angle it rest.

I ask Mr Tong - he say don't chase away as bat is a symbolic of luck, ask me go buy 4d.

As i m not a gmbler, i decide to buy 1 system 7, cost me $3.50 . The next draw i won.

It is not the amount i win, but i would have miss an small opportunity from different geomancer's view.

Please note that i m not comparing Mr Tong vs Mr Chang, but i was given the right advice at the right point in time.

well if you translate bat into chinese it is called 蝙蝠

蝠 pronounce in chinese also mean 福 good fortune / happiness / luck

So please dont bother to consult too many people, everyone will have his own interpretation, at the end of the day, who do you want to believe it ?

Think again !

I saw my neighbour trapping bats and killing them for fun. So far, nothing bad happened to him. He is still as cocky as before. In order to prevent him from killing one of the bats he caught, I paid $5.00 to buy it from him and set it free in the night. Nearly got bitten by the bat in trying to release it. Nothing good or bad happened to me.

I saw my neighbour trapping bats and killing them for fun. So far, nothing bad happened to him. He is still as cocky as before. In order to prevent him from killing one of the bats he caught, I paid $5.00 to buy it from him and set it free in the night. Nearly got bitten by the bat in trying to release it. Nothing good or bad happened to me.

There is causes & effect to everything we do, nothing happen today does not mean wont happen in the future

When retribution does happen, you will regret doing it in the past.

You did a good deed and merit for releasing the bat, the rule of the game, ask for nothing in return for whatever favor or good deed you do !

Edited by badger

Bats YUCKS!! My cousin's neighbor also got bats hanging upside down at the backyard second level window. After chinese new year, they sold off the house. Eeee....the view of it already give me goosepimples!

I am definitely not an expert, but previously toured some ancient rich Chinese houses, some actually paint a picture of a bat at the main door.

-------------

Extracts from a website on coin bearing bats.

http://primaltrek.com/gourd.html

Surrounding the character fu (福) are five flying bats. A bat (fu 蝠) is a visual pun for "good fortune" or happiness (fu 福) because both characters are pronounced the same.

The bats at the top are shown flying upside down. In Chinese, the character (dao 倒) for "upside-down" and the character (dao 到) meaning "to have arrived" are pronounced the same. If you say "the bat is flying upside down" a listener could just as easily interpret this as "happiness has arrived".

The depiction of "five bats" is a traditional representation of what is known as the "Five Blessings", also known as the "Five Happinesses" or "Five Good Fortunes". These five blessings refer to longevity (寿), wealth (富), health and composure (康宁), virtue (修好德), and the desire to die a natural death in old age (考终命).

The wish for good fortune is further reflected in the Chinese four character inscription located at the three o'clock and nine o'clock position. The inscription reads wu fu lin men (五福临门) which means "may the five fortunes arrive at your door".

Read somewhere: Most things associated with bats are "pian", "Upside down", Yin, darkness, eerie, bloodsucking. Bats don't even fly straight so associated with doing things not proper way. Also notice some houses that have bats at their trees, usually the houses are quite rundown.

well if you translate bat into chinese it is called 蝙蝠

蝠 pronounce in chinese also mean 福 good fortune / happiness / luck

So please dont bother to consult too many people, everyone will have his own interpretation, at the end of the day, who do you want to believe it ?

Think again !

HAHAH, can interprete as this.? 福 plus the bat upside down meaning 福 到 ?? hahahah..

Apologize as i came across this site and forum and i find it very interesting. Cheers

Regards

HAHAH, can interprete as this.? 福 plus the bat upside down meaning 福 到 ?? hahahah..

Apologize as i came across this site and forum and i find it very interesting. Cheers

Regards

Wah just saw this thread. I don't know what it means but a few years back a bat flew into my mother's balcony and came back every night. During that short period my mother kept striking 4D! So up to you to believe.... for me i don't know what to believe.