Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
insane

A Place I Call Home!

If your flat is a brand new unit, may need to have some time allowance for HDB defects rectification work ? I remember my mum's place had some leaking walls after the flat was completed by HDB, and they needed to rectify first before renovation starts ....

Hi Blueocean

what to look out for? and how long does it take for all these rectification?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Insane

I am in the same situation too. Started receeing for id and appliances etc more than half yr bfore keys are ready. Same thoughts as you, wanted to get things done step by step so no rush when keys are avail. One word of caution before you make any purchase - think, think and think. So far, I made 2 purchases, regretted both, but deposit already paid, so either forego or swallow lor.

Don't be tempted when salespeople says things like book now, lock the price, promo price only now, or later no stocks etc.

Good luck!

so far haven buy anything. Only shortlisted the products I wan to get and also wher to get the best deal.

:)

Hi Blueocean

what to look out for? and how long does it take for all these rectification?

I have a list of what to check for. Go back hm then attach here

I have a list of what to check for. Go back hm then attach here

oh, thanks in advance. Is this list from HDB?

btw can i check what is the procedures like?

1. collect keys

2. check defects? eg : ... ...

3. ???

before start reno?

this defect checking and reno cannot go hand in hand? I thought everyone do tog save time ?

oh, thanks in advance. Is this list from HDB?

btw can i check what is the procedures like?

1. collect keys

2. check defects? eg : ... ...

3. ???

before start reno?

this defect checking and reno cannot go hand in hand? I thought everyone do tog save time ?

don know where the list from.. Lol.. got it in the forum, i think compiled by some kindhearted soul.

duno wats the procedure like, this is my first flat :P

only know all rectification for yr defects mux be reported before yr reno commence, if not they wun entertain u.

eh, i dunno how to attach the file? or u give me yr email i send to u.

Layout of my house

image0-2.jpg

comments welcome!

is that a balcony? if u get a L-shaped sofa, wld it block the entrance to ur balcony?

at least still got WIW ma... counted counted. hehehe. dun forget to cater space for dressing table!

is that a balcony? if u get a L-shaped sofa, wld it block the entrance to ur balcony?

at least still got WIW ma... counted counted. hehehe. dun forget to cater space for dressing table!

Yup tats a balcony. Hmmm, forgot bout tat! Mayb I change the L to another side. Thanks for pointing out. Dressing table is rite at the end of the wardrobe.

Layout of my house

image0-2.jpg

False ceiling

image1-1.jpg

Lighting points

image0-1-1.jpg

comments welcome!

you have a wiw.. nice... still cracking our heads how to squeeze out a huge wardrobe...

you have a wiw.. nice... still cracking our heads how to squeeze out a huge wardrobe...

:D

at first wife wanted a rm for WIW lor. :jawdrop:

f_m1tv4l2m_79c09f0.jpg

the first items i bought. Offer too gd to resist. Thanks to samgalz for sharing with us this lobang. Bought the whole set, now looking for a knife block to put them..

Untitled-1.jpg

bought this 2 as well

Edited by insane

f_m1tv4l2m_79c09f0.jpg

the first items i bought. Offer too gd to resist. Thanks to samgalz for sharing with us this lobang. Bought the whole set, now looking for a knife block to put them..

hehe, u r welcome! :D