Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
insane

A Place I Call Home!

Flat still building halfway... keys not yet collected... Hopefully this 4th Q can be ready. Should start off bit by bit with this reno t blog. I think I'm the only kiasu one who start preparing for the reno!

Flat will be located at Punggol - Treelodge. 4rm flat with floor area of 97sqm. Bought it on 03 Jul 2007 for $240++k. though now only the 2nd Q, preparations for my reno can say already half done. :D

Layout

floorplan1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to RT and to the north east side.

I was also pretty kiasu and started reno research in Dec. :D so u still alright.

Welcome to RT and to the north east side.

I was also pretty kiasu and started reno research in Dec. :D so u still alright.

u're my first visitor! :D

which part of sengkang did u bought? I'm living at anchorvale. Can't wait to collect my keys...

Wah ... that's early !

I guess you could probably come up with a ceiling works, lighting and SSO points plan. Then can already start scouting around for the downlights etc you want to buy alreadie ...

If your flat is a brand new unit, may need to have some time allowance for HDB defects rectification work ? I remember my mum's place had some leaking walls after the flat was completed by HDB, and they needed to rectify first before renovation starts ....

Have you got all your quotations alreadie ?

Wah ... that's early !

I guess you could probably come up with a ceiling works, lighting and SSO points plan. Then can already start scouting around for the downlights etc you want to buy alreadie ...

If your flat is a brand new unit, may need to have some time allowance for HDB defects rectification work ? I remember my mum's place had some leaking walls after the flat was completed by HDB, and they needed to rectify first before renovation starts ....

Have you got all your quotations alreadie ?

hi, I'm more kiasu. Lol. No lah, I start preparing now; bit by bit, when I get my keys it's not so tedious. If everything wait till last min, I may make wrong decisons which may have a negative impact on my flat? :D

actually I aready engaged an ID. Layout, designs all done. Just that still choosing the laminate n colours. Will post here when all is confirmed. When I collect my key, go onsite look through again, if no major changes then can straight start he Reno! Appliances mostly I have in mind which to get le. Furniture wise I only need to get sofa, dining table and coffee table. Went IMM & IFC last weekend, but didn't saw any that we like. Wait till nearer date to our collection of keys then go scout again.

hihi... me too!!! A treelodger and had engaged ID too!! Can't wait to get the keys...

passes by the site everyday... but no progress.. :(

Hi! which blk are u at?

u're my first visitor! :D

which part of sengkang did u bought? I'm living at anchorvale. Can't wait to collect my keys...

I'm now at anchorvale and still buying anchorvale. :D

I'm now at anchorvale and still buying anchorvale. :D

:jawdrop:

don think we're in the same blk cos i don see any reno works here.. :D

y don buy further away??

:jawdrop:

don think we're in the same blk cos i don see any reno works here.. :D

y don buy further away??

not starting yet. only end of the month/early june. buying anchorvale cos MIL stays here and son is taken care by her :yamseng:

not starting yet. only end of the month/early june. buying anchorvale cos MIL stays here and son is taken care by her :yamseng:

oic.. thats gd. saves traveling time.

congrats on your new home~ :) wah you are fast! my fren also at treelodge but he wasn't even confident of getting keys anytime soon... haha...

lol. My blk still haven finish painting n installing of the windows lor. Duno can collect key in 4thQ anot...

hi, I'm more kiasu. Lol. No lah, I start preparing now; bit by bit, when I get my keys it's not so tedious. If everything wait till last min, I may make wrong decisons which may have a negative impact on my flat? :D

actually I aready engaged an ID. Layout, designs all done. Just that still choosing the laminate n colours. Will post here when all is confirmed. When I collect my key, go onsite look through again, if no major changes then can straight start he Reno! Appliances mostly I have in mind which to get le. Furniture wise I only need to get sofa, dining table and coffee table. Went IMM & IFC last weekend, but didn't saw any that we like. Wait till nearer date to our collection of keys then go scout again.

Hi Insane

I am in the same situation too. Started receeing for id and appliances etc more than half yr bfore keys are ready. Same thoughts as you, wanted to get things done step by step so no rush when keys are avail. One word of caution before you make any purchase - think, think and think. So far, I made 2 purchases, regretted both, but deposit already paid, so either forego or swallow lor.

Don't be tempted when salespeople says things like book now, lock the price, promo price only now, or later no stocks etc.

Good luck!