Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

banned

dont forget to pop by creative living next door to hyflux. They got lots of cool kitchen toys which i am sure yr wife will love! they always have some kind of promo or other too ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
sorry left all the papers in the car, but they only have one kind of undersink filter.

er.. actually two types, but according to helen, one of them have been out of stocks for a long time. Anyway they are the same, except one have a longer filter and the other shorter ie lifespan difference.

u thinking of installing yrself ah? bc they offer us price inclusive of installation, so should be no trouble ?

Nah.. im not going to install myself.. but do they need to drill anything so that they can install undersink? that's what im more worried about.. that why thinking die die do now or can put on hold first..

why cant i be as rich as u? :lol:

Fri, 3 Sep 2010

Very speedy action today.

Yard sink has been dismantled, cement support removed, new materials for wet works all in.

Cement support removed

DSC00022.jpg

sink is safe! good job! :good:

DSC00041.jpg

and this is how it looks now - washer and dryer to the left, sink to the right

DSC00040.jpg

new materials

DSC09921.jpg

Nah.. im not going to install myself.. but do they need to drill anything so that they can install undersink? that's what im more worried about.. that why thinking die die do now or can put on hold first..

why cant i be as rich as u? :lol:

wah, dun say like that! Me no rich .. but since house will live for many yrs to come, must think of all the practical issues - most of the things we do are needs, only very few are wants lei. If not later want to add this and add that, will incur more $$!

for the filter system, no drilling needed undersink. just ask yr sink supplier to punch an extra hole on the sink (ie if u want to put faucet on sink) if u want to, otherwise according to hyflux, their plumber can also "open hole" either on worktop or sink on the spot (this is the only drilling needed). The plumber just need to fit a t-joint on cold water pipe, then connect one end to the filter system pipe. If u visit them at harbourfront, u will know what i mean.

anyway, this system can install anytime, even long long after reno, so no major messy work involved

wah, dun say like that! Me no rich .. but since house will live for many yrs to come, must think of all the practical issues - most of the things we do are needs, only very few are wants lei. If not later want to add this and add that, will incur more $$!

for the filter system, no drilling needed undersink. just ask yr sink supplier to punch an extra hole on the sink (ie if u want to put faucet on sink) if u want to, otherwise according to hyflux, their plumber can also "open hole" either on worktop or sink on the spot (this is the only drilling needed). The plumber just need to fit a t-joint on cold water pipe, then connect one end to the filter system pipe. If u visit them at harbourfront, u will know what i mean.

anyway, this system can install anytime, even long long after reno, so no major messy work involved

oh.. okok.. den i think i put this on hold first ba.. will still visit them tml for more info la.. thanks for ur info and help ah! :D

Fri, 3 Sep 2010

Aircon installation partially done yesterday ..

DSC09935.jpg

this compressor weighs 66kg! And see how big it is - anything bigger cannot exit our ledge window. As if HDB has some kind of special arrangements with Mit???

DSC09970.jpg

they even clean up after themselves :good:

DSC09959-2.jpg

alas, for one room, trunking needs to be corrected. Hence also got to redo box up before blower can be installed

DSC09981.jpg

one side on the door, one side on the wall behind door - those magnetic type

sorry no pix, june sent me one via sms, how to send that pix to u?

R u referring to those we have for our bedroom doors? All the magnet r weak, sian.. so is the one u guys r discussing now stronger? :unsure:

Fri, 3 Sep 2010

Aircon installation partially done yesterday ..

DSC09935.jpg

this compressor weighs 66kg! And see how big it is - anything bigger cannot exit our ledge window. As if HDB has some kind of special arrangements with Mit???

DSC09970.jpg

they even clean up after themselves :good:

DSC09959-2.jpg

alas, for one room, trunking needs to be corrected. Hence also got to redo box up before blower can be installed

DSC09981.jpg

Wow Yellow l box! very refreshing! :D

R u referring to those we have for our bedroom doors? All the magnet r weak, sian.. so is the one u guys r discussing now stronger? :unsure:

ya, it's for the main door, so need to be stronger since the door comes with the closer

what u mean all the magnets are weak? room door holder not strong enough?

Sat, 4 Sept 2010

Change No 1

In the beginning, we had planned to do a vanity cabinet complete with full height mirror in both toilets, but since budget had been busted by several other more essential work, we now have no choice but to use what's given, and buy the rest off the shelf. Made another visit to GR Link this evening to recee the toilet mirror, and immediately found what we liked - a mirror that comes complete with 3 glass panels - one at the bottom for mug, toothpaste etc, and another two small ones, which I will most likely place a little plant or something to add life to the place.

Very happy with the choice, but alas, stocks for the second mirror will only arrive a month later, so no choice, got to take the display piece yet again! Benny and us really have a good laugh - how come always end up taking their display??

Here's how the two mirrors look. Please pardon the mess - all the other things on the opposite wall are reflected, I don't really know which angle is best to capture the shot

mirror 1 - black and clear mirror

DSC09922-1.jpg

mirror 2 - clear mirror with black design on side

DSC09926.jpg

Change No 2

To prevent ugly holes on the tiles in future, we had initially intended to use the 3M stick-on toilet accessories, but of the few items they had in the range, we really only like the towel bar. And they do not have a toilet roll holder in the toilet series :bangwall:

So should we settle for part plastic, and part stainless steel accessories? Pondered over this for a while, but finally decided against doing this. So out goes 3M, also means we have to start receeing for stainless steel ones. Ideally the Song Cho's range will be best, but we don't think we can afford to pay so much for these fixtures ... tried to find something in GR Link, but they do not have the dimension we wanted.

After leaving GR, I recalled hearing lots of good review on the shop next door (Poh Seng) too, so decided to pop in for a look. Sure enough, we got all our toilet accessories from them. This is the fastest recee-purchase we ever made - all within a day!

Edited by froggy

Sat, 4 Sept 2010

Went back to FV, and saw box up being done. This is good!

DSC09915.jpg

So aircon will be installed on Monday - third trip by the aircon people!

Also expecting two more deliveries on Monday - my oven, hood and hob! :dancingqueen:

froggy.. saw the one that u install liao.. Cost:$629! any cheaper alternative? hee :)

u looking for a microfilter? or just wanted sentiment filter and remove chlorine taste type?

There is another company we went to who has a korean product. I can't remember if she mentioned a brand, but anyway, it only removes big particles and smell/taste. I tried the filtered water, taste pretty good too. But we did not go for that one because we find the system a bit troublesome to change, ie sink area will get wet and messy. But that one is really economical - think she said only 20 or 30 (or something that sounds too good to be real, but it's real!) for the initial set up for the filter and tubing, but u must get yr own faucet. If you are keen, I will go dig up the info

Edited by froggy