Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

i think i started the same time as you lor.. :~ and im still waiting.. and u are already finishing..

that's bc you hao xin let seller extend stay right? So don't worry, hao xin you hao bao, what follows will be smooth and beautiful ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wah wah.. u really know how to console ppl ah.. haha.. Thanks leh.. :D

I really hope so too.. po pi po pi dun do liao like no do like that... :bow:

Wed, 1 Sept 2010

Today we went to Hommage, SnC (but was closed) and a few furniture shops within the nearby housing estates - in search for wardrobe/bookshelf/study tables for our girls.

Hommage - Eric is really friendly, and chatted on with us even after we have finished looking through the catalogues. We were able to find a wardrobe and bookshelf to our liking, but the only setback is that he does not carry alot of study tables. Think their speciality is really in the dining hall furnishing, which they do offer quite attractive prices.

SnC - closed, so disappointed. But went to the shop nextdoor. Prices there are not competitive though.

Upon reaching home, we got a flyer from Novena, with lots of items going at "Fr $99". Dunno real or not, anyway will pop by and have a look tomorrow.

So sian, after looking and thinking, looking and thinking, we finally realised that we had done a big mistake ... the service yard sink had been mounted on the wrong side. So now have to spend $$ to hack it off, and redo on the side away from the window. Hopefully the sink will not be damaged during the hacking :bangwall:

Hai, really feel like banging my head on the sink!!

And after much consideration, also decided that glass door is no go -- too costly. Plus, given that the door frame does not allow for a frameless glass door, we decided to drop the idea altogether. So it's back to wooden door. One big round and back to square one, .... :(

Tomorrow - aircon installation! :dancingqueen:

Edited by froggy

haha.. I understand, cos Banned oso like tat. haha.. :D

hahaha.. very tiring to wait one leh.. Everyday look at my money knowing that it will be gone soon very xim tia one leh..

Everyday worry this worry that.. haha.. headache sia.. :wacko:

hahaha.. very tiring to wait one leh.. Everyday look at my money knowing that it will be gone soon very xim tia one leh..

Everyday worry this worry that.. haha.. headache sia.. :wacko:

Soon your time will come.

Just dont think about it.

froggy, how come laundry sink mount wrong side? cannot make do with the placement?

we also have a few regrets but learning to live with it..haha

hmm .. guess if really bopian must live with it, but thought since reno still going on, might as well rectify instead of future regret.

Anyway, the story goes ...

the sink was mounted on the window side, leaving the space under the laundry system for the washer - that's fine.

but problem is we will be getting a dryer, which will be mounted above the washer. So in this case, we will not be able to pull out the laundry system. At first we still accepted the mistake, argument is since we are using a dryer, then no need to hang clothes right? but after some serious thinking, thought it a ridiculous idea - what if there is a need in future? by then it will cost alot more to rectify.

hence the decision to redo the entire washing area.

As for yr question on the flow of water from the washer, don't know yet esp now since gonna change again. But contractor left a pipe which was supposed to be connected to the washer outlet, so that water can be drained off into the concealed drainage. Hope that makes sense?

hmm .. guess if really bopian must live with it, but thought since reno still going on, might as well rectify instead of future regret.

Anyway, the story goes ...

the sink was mounted on the window side, leaving the space under the laundry system for the washer - that's fine.

but problem is we will be getting a dryer, which will be mounted above the washer. So in this case, we will not be able to pull out the laundry system. At first we still accepted the mistake, argument is since we are using a dryer, then no need to hang clothes right? but after some serious thinking, thought it a ridiculous idea - what if there is a need in future? by then it will cost alot more to rectify.

hence the decision to redo the entire washing area.

As for yr question on the flow of water from the washer, don't know yet esp now since gonna change again. But contractor left a pipe which was supposed to be connected to the washer outlet, so that water can be drained off into the concealed drainage. Hope that makes sense?

why dun u jus remove the hang clothes thing and use back those old system that hangs on the ceiling..

why dun u jus remove the hang clothes thing and use back those old system that hangs on the ceiling..

thought of that - but contractor advises against that.

1. He said this kind is using some kind of load bearing joints, even if can dismantle, next time if want to assemble very difficult.

2. need to find a place to store the system.

3. don't really have space to install a ceiling type bc of light position. Besides if need to install ceiling type, also not cheap.

so ...