Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

ok, will put u in my invite list .. :yamseng:

can I go? I oso wan to eat.. 

so when is yr estimated (or confirmed) HO?

tat's a question which I oso dun have ans. Haha.. Now delayed cos e kitchen sink will b remount again. Means my solid top gotta remove too. Oso means need more time.. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
but one prob with hanging, esp at this stage when still alot of construction and reno in the vicinity - super dusty. Wonder if 15may have any tips?

I m here! :)

answering yr qn,clothes take about 2 days to completely dry if I hang in the yard. Have not been hanging outside cos it's been dusty.But hubby Is in army now and army stuff need to dry fast so been hanging outside where there is quite strong sun in the morning..this sun doesn't reach into the yard though,so if want to dry stuff fast,I will put outside.stuff no need to dry so fast I hang inside. dun even dare to hang on the iron bar cos so dusty!use hangers. Noticed my area have sun in e morning and tt s it...

Hope tt helps! :)

answering yr qn,clothes take about 2 days to completely dry if I hang in the yard. Have not been hanging outside cos it's been dusty.But hubby Is in army now and army stuff need to dry fast so been hanging outside where there is quite strong sun in the morning..this sun doesn't reach into the yard though,so if want to dry stuff fast,I will put outside.stuff no need to dry so fast I hang inside. dun even dare to hang on the iron bar cos so dusty!use hangers. Noticed my area have sun in e morning and tt s it...

opps, r the dust from my unit? keke.. :P

ya lor, that's why i becoming like ET liao. But actually to be fair, contractor told me 2.5 months at the beginning ... yrs 6 weeks very fast. Those I approached all give 2 months minimum to complete

Actually depending on the scale of reno that we are doing loh. If just some kitchen cabinet etc maybe even 3~4 weeks can be done.

Yours have to hack down walls and revamp into a swee swee kitchen will definately take longer loh.

Most important is your Kitchen will be nice!

And we get to taste your delicious bakings =P

opps, r the dust from my unit? keke.. :P

nope,my yard dun face yr area shouldn't be yr dust.I think generally our area very dusty now with all e construction and Reno..maybe settle down next time better...

ya lor, that's why i becoming like ET liao. But actually to be fair, contractor told me 2.5 months at the beginning ... yrs 6 weeks very fast. Those I approached all give 2 months minimum to complete

Hello Froggy,

Good to see that your reno is progressing well. Hang on there.

Meanwhile, on the topic of handing over; does Edmund have those "L&D clauses"?

I was shared by some colleagues about the "Late and Damages" where you can opt for charges if contractor

failed to deliver on time, design goes way out of your desired outcome (unless you are the one whom wants to change

during the reno process) as well as damages charges inflicted by the workers... :unsure:

Actually if can give the contractors time to do their wk, it will be better cos if u rush them then it wont be a good job. Ours although done in exactly a month, got some little defects here and there. But we chin chai, cos i know nothing is perfect in the world. :D After the official HO, my ID still got ppl to come down to rectify.

hmm .. that confirms it .. must get dryer for me.

think with all the reno and construction going on, no hanging outside for the next 2 yrs!

Actually depending on the scale of reno that we are doing loh. If just some kitchen cabinet etc maybe even 3~4 weeks can be done.

Yours have to hack down walls and revamp into a swee swee kitchen will definately take longer loh.

Most important is your Kitchen will be nice!

And we get to taste your delicious bakings =P

thanks - I do hope that the kitchen will be swee swee too. The bulk of the reno $ goes to the kitchen!

makan ah - ok but must wait till my swee swee kitchen is in operations first! :sport-smiley-018:

Hello Froggy,

Good to see that your reno is progressing well. Hang on there.

Meanwhile, on the topic of handing over; does Edmund have those "L&D clauses"?

I was shared by some colleagues about the "Late and Damages" where you can opt for charges if contractor

failed to deliver on time, design goes way out of your desired outcome (unless you are the one whom wants to change

during the reno process) as well as damages charges inflicted by the workers... :unsure:

L&D? don't think so lah. Think this is only for those larger scale commercial projects? My contract is very simple one, no flowery or law language.

Actually if can give the contractors time to do their wk, it will be better cos if u rush them then it wont be a good job. Ours although done in exactly a month, got some little defects here and there. But we chin chai, cos i know nothing is perfect in the world. :D After the official HO, my ID still got ppl to come down to rectify.

totally agree. though we grumble about waiting etc, we know that we really cannot rush contractor. After all, what all of us want is a nicely done house w/o any problems in future.

totally agree. though we grumble about waiting etc, we know that we really cannot rush contractor. After all, what all of us want is a nicely done house w/o any problems in future.

yo for my case, it's better to rush contractor cos some contractor see you chin chai no hurry then they will drag yours and rush other clients who are not chin chai.

speaking from personal experience. ;)

yo for my case, it's better to rush contractor cos some contractor see you chin chai no hurry then they will drag yours and rush other clients who are not chin chai.

for small scale like mine shd b no difficulty for them so i told him i not in a rush, but still the sink can mount wrongly, and the socket switch for the hood becomes concealed, so sometimes need to "poke" them to remind them to b more cautious. chin chai doesn't mean shui bian. :D

Very true. They usually will work on those that are in a rush first.

But should not be till the extend that they'll neglect yours.

It really depend on the contractor you hire gua.

Heng although I told mine to take his time, he still kept to his words. 6 weeks means 6 weeks.

Edited by flamedav

how u know he is holding yrs to rush others? yr house is so big - how long yr whole reno process?

i find that, at least in my case, the uncertainty of HO is bc of no work schedule to start with. If we had insisted on that right at the beginning, there will be less chance of flexi date. So in a way, I have to blame myself for not insisting on one.