Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

oh? do post the window contractor here too.

hee.. how was your christmas? hope yours a great one.. mine not merry at all thou.. :bangwall:

here's the window contractor contact:

Central Aluminum

Tel: 6368 3313

Look for Jasmine

!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks, I'll try the smoke thing. Actually there is no noise of wind at all with or without the door closed. I have to stand real close to the fan to hear a soft humming sound. The fan blades seem to move fast but to no effect!

I also just realized something that might be linked to the operation of the fan. It works alright when I turn on the power from the switch outside the bathroom, although the suction is weak as I've mentioned above. But when I use the cord - the fan stops when I close the cover via the cord, but no matter how i pull it again, the cover doesn't open. I have to use my fingers to push the cover open. Is this how it works? I notice little knots on the cord, do the knots affect the operation of fan?

Sorry, hope you guys understand my description. Appreciate any advice, pls. Btw, I left a msg for KDK, but they are on company retreat till 27th.

I am not too sure about this ... but I hope this can help.

I have the 8" KDK ventilation fans for both of my toilets. However, in my MBR one, I can feel it alot stronger than my common toilet. When I asked my contractor how come, he told me because my common toilet door is very big ... so there is very little air coming into the toilet, thus making the ventilation fan sucking power a little weak. However, in my MBR toilet, there is almost 3/4 foot gap ontop, making it very easy for air to flow in and easy for the air to flow out.

I think what he was trying to say was there should be appropriate gap for sufficient air to flow in, in order for the ventilation fan to be maximised. Not too sure if contractor is smoking me or not ... but he is arranging for my toilet door to be trimmed ... so I hope it works.

I have the 8" KDK ventilation fans for both of my toilets. However, in my MBR one, I can feel it alot stronger than my common toilet. When I asked my contractor how come, he told me because my common toilet door is very big ... so there is very little air coming into the toilet, thus making the ventilation fan sucking power a little weak. However, in my MBR toilet, there is almost 3/4 foot gap ontop, making it very easy for air to flow in and easy for the air to flow out.

I think what he was trying to say was there should be appropriate gap for sufficient air to flow in, in order for the ventilation fan to be maximised. Not too sure if contractor is smoking me or not ... but he is arranging for my toilet door to be trimmed ... so I hope it works.

huh? is it? really ah? all my internal doors not up yet.. n being "designer door" i'm not sure how my doors will look like.. sigh.. m v worried now.. so many issues.. :D

cant visualise your house layout but his theory is right. cos when the toilet door is closed there isnt any air from external places to be suck into the toilet. the circulation.

Edited by MaCe

wow.. i jus tried my ventilation fan.. when i was having a hot bath yesterday night.. for the 1st time (in sg) no fogging up on my bathroom mirror.. my fan really sucks! hahaha.. :thumbs up:

wow.. i jus tried my ventilation fan.. when i was having a hot bath yesterday night.. for the 1st time (in sg) no fogging up on my bathroom mirror.. my fan really sucks! hahaha.. :notti:

ya it suckz and thats good!!! wahahhaha

can post a pic of the placement of your ventilation fan. the image of the public toilet ventilation fan turns me off. I know the purpose but somehow it cannot blend well with the rest of the toilet, do you have this impression? Thanks.

:notti:

wow.. i jus tried my ventilation fan.. when i was having a hot bath yesterday night.. for the 1st time (in sg) no fogging up on my bathroom mirror.. my fan really sucks! hahaha.. !!

can post a pic of the placement of your ventilation fan. the image of the public toilet ventilation fan turns me off. I know the purpose but somehow it cannot blend well with the rest of the toilet, do you have this impression? Thanks.

:dancingqueen:

dsc00363wk4.jpg

i din reno on my toilet.. so i find it ok.. not issue on the looks.. jus function that counts.. :notti:

nice!:unsure:

Hi, I am in deep trouble..... My contractor said they do not know how to fix a round shape 15WUD exhaust fan....Electrical point everything done...

If asked KDK to fix cost me hundred plus per exhaust fan installation using acrylic perspex....

anyway to do cheap... Called dama quote me around hundred plus too....

Can anyone enlighten me?

My house nearly everything done except this fan.... :)

Hi, I am in deep trouble..... My contractor said they do not know how to fix a round shape 15WUD exhaust fan....Electrical point everything done...

If asked KDK to fix cost me hundred plus per exhaust fan installation using acrylic perspex....

anyway to do cheap... Called dama quote me around hundred plus too....

Can anyone enlighten me?

My house nearly everything done except this fan.... :furious:

you are the contractor's FIRST customer?

first time i hear a contractor dunno how/where to send the window/glass for cutting and fix back the window.

just tell him to do it or DONT PAY HIM anything.

more likely is that your contractor DIDnt want to do it.

ya loh agree..

if u really give up hope on him to install for u.. scroll up to look for Jasmine's contact.. she only charged me for $100/window... cut hole plus installing the fan onto the hole.. but not incl connecting the electrical point la.. i gotta look for another electrician to do it.. which costs me $40/pt

ya loh agree..

if u really give up hope on him to install for u.. scroll up to look for Jasmine's contact.. she only charged me for $100/window... cut hole plus installing the fan onto the hole.. but not incl connecting the electrical point la.. i gotta look for another electrician to do it.. which costs me $40/pt

My husband intend to fix it himself.... hope he can do it....

In the contract, the fixing of the exhaust fan is included. The contractor said they only do for square exhaust fan but not round. We were very disappointed...

Hope to get ideas how to install DIY and cheap....vitamin M already exhausted....don't feel like spending extra few hundreds to get this thing done....

My husband intend to fix it himself.... hope he can do it....

In the contract, the fixing of the exhaust fan is included. The contractor said they only do for square exhaust fan but not round. We were very disappointed...

Hope to get ideas how to install DIY and cheap....vitamin M already exhausted....don't feel like spending extra few hundreds to get this thing done....

one thing for sure either your contractor is telling a lie or your reno is his FIRST biz.

there are more ROUND ventilators out there than square ones. Ask that dumbdumb contractor to go visit all the kopitiams' + petrolstations' toilets in sg.

tell him to remove the glass from the window and go to sungei road to cut a round hole on the glass - $8-$12 per hole. Bring back the glass and fix the ventilator.

if he continue to tell all these ****+bull stories - just tell him you wont pay up.