Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sodan

Telok Kurau - Do You Like The Condo You're Living Now?

Kellogs,

Very nice layout of your unit leh... wow... no wonder you sounded so looking fwd to move in la~~

Congrates you have found a lovely unit for yourself and family. How long does it take you for the hunt?

Just wondering how much did you pay for the PSF? What's the size area har....

Sodan, just kp here, answer yr question on Kellogs's behalf: #04-05, $1,236k, 181sqm or 1948sqft, caveat lodge dated 12/6/09.

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Kellogs,

Very nice layout of your unit leh... wow... no wonder you sounded so looking fwd to move in la~~

Congrates you have found a lovely unit for yourself and family. How long does it take you for the hunt?

Just wondering how much did you pay for the PSF? What's the size area har....

Good Day Sodan,

It took me about 3 months (Q1 of 2009 to Q2 of 2009). I have been looking everywhere Novena, Newton, Bishan, Upper East Coast Road, Katong, Amber Road and etc till i stumbled this project.

I was driving along Still road and saw there was road sign of the project "The Lucent". So myself and wife went to see see look look ... all the units in The Lucent were sold out ...

So the agent recommended The Verte, Initially we were quoted 795psf and luckily that time economy was pretty bad so we managed to get it at 635psf :D

and the size of the unit is 1948 so it is about 1.3M+- SGD. I guess it is not bad for that price.

What really attracts me is

7 mins walking distance to Kembangan MRT Station

Next to Siglap Park Connector

Next to Telok Kurau Park

Low rise area so pretty good view (unblocked)

Freehold

So have you found your dream unit?

Edited by kellogs

Woww, you really got the bargain har.... chop price from 795 to 635psf.... I'm so envy ya.... that's really a bargain for such a nice layout and good size area! Is it a ground floor unit?

So if you resale your unit now then you can earn yourself a FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND liao.... **rich**

.. ..

Good Day Sodan,

It took me about 3 months (Q1 of 2009 to Q2 of 2009). I have been looking everywhere Novena, Newton, Bishan, Upper East Coast Road, Katong, Amber Road and etc till i stumbled this project.

I was driving along Still road and saw there was road sign of the project "The Lucent". So myself and wife went to see see look look ... all the units in The Lucent were sold out ...

So the agent recommended The Verte, Initially we were quoted 795psf and luckily that time economy was pretty bad so we managed to get it at 635psf :D

and the size of the unit is 1948 so it is about 1.3M+- SGD. I guess it is not bad for that price.

What really attracts me is

7 mins walking distance to Kembangan MRT Station

Next to Siglap Park Connector

Next to Telok Kurau Park

Low rise area so pretty good view (unblocked)

Freehold

So have you found your dream unit?

Woww, you really got the bargain har.... chop price from 795 to 635psf.... I'm so envy ya.... that's really a bargain for such a nice layout and good size area! Is it a ground floor unit?

So if you resale your unit now then you can earn yourself a FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND liao.... **rich**

.. ..

It is on 4th floor (Maximum is 5 storeys in Telok Kurau area)

I am not planning to sell it even if it goes up to 2M ... it is a home for me and my family to stay :)

I am waiting for another downturn to purchase a smaller unit (studio/2 bedders) for investment purpose ... perhaps in CBD area

It is on 4th floor (Maximum is 5 storeys in Telok Kurau area)

I am not planning to sell it even if it goes up to 2M ... it is a home for me and my family to stay :)

I am waiting for another downturn to purchase a smaller unit (studio/2 bedders) for investment purpose ... perhaps in CBD area

The Verte's construction is now till 3rd -4th floor. TOP likely end of year.

The Verte's construction is now till 3rd -4th floor. TOP likely end of year.

Hi Hubstation,

You are right about the TOP. The last time i emailed Roxy Pacific ... i was told Q1 of 2011

I have been going on site every weekend with my wife :D to check out the development hehehe

Hi Hubstation,

You are right about the TOP. The last time i emailed Roxy Pacific ... i was told Q1 of 2011

I have been going on site every weekend with my wife :D to check out the development hehehe

Wa so on haha...

Hi Hubstation,

Kellogs, have u checked with developer if your "private swimming pool" need licensing & subjects "Public Envirnoment health Act"?

If yes, $120 yearly license fee, weekly "water testing" fee, all the pipes, pumps, chemical.......

Got private lift to "within unit"?, if yes, also need licensing fee, monthly maintenance fee, yearly homing test fee....$$$.

Edited by bepgof

One of the projects i have seen, the lift maintenance fee is estimated to be at $250 per month ...

Hmm ... then add maintenance for the pool. Sounds like a lot of monthly running cost.

Kellogs, have u checked with developer if your "private swimming pool" need licensing & subjects "Public Envirnoment health Act"?

If yes, $120 yearly license fee, weekly "water testing" fee, all the pipes, pumps, chemical.......

Got private lift to "within unit"?, if yes, also need licensing fee, monthly maintenance fee, yearly homing test fee....$$$.

One of the projects i have seen, the lift maintenance fee is estimated to be at $250 per month ...

Hmm ... then add maintenance for the pool. Sounds like a lot of monthly running cost.

$250 per household just for lift maintenance? That's crazy...

The pool monthly maintenance fee is Sing$150 and the unit monthly maintenance fee is Sing$350 so total is about Sing$500 per month for all these maintenance

There is no private lift in The Verte

that's for a private lift ... not sure if it only serves that penthouse ... ;)

$250 per household just for lift maintenance? That's crazy...

that's for a private lift ... not sure if it only serves that penthouse ... ;)

Private lift = per household one lift. Owner needs to pay license(yearly +monthly maintenance, owner told me but I forgot the amount, handicap son). There is one such at Siglap, planted a miniture longan tree, tasted very sweet, tree originated from Thailand. There is another at Fidelio street, Siglap, far end inside #2, corner terrance with a long narrow yet long U-shaped "swimming"pool (anyway, more look like a koi pool, dare not to tell owner), weekly "water test" charge at $40+.

Edited by bepgof

I am looking forward moving to Telok Kurau.

I have bought an unit over at The Verte and currently is being built (TOP might be end of the year)

Things that i am looking forward

1. Jogging in the morning/evening using Siglap Park Connector to East Coast Park

2. Quiet and Peaceful environment for my kids to grow up

3. Good food around the area

4. Private pool and open terrace for my own unit

I have attached the floor plan of the unit which i bought.

edy1948.jpg

There are many boutique projects in that area ... so you just have to make sure you pick the one you like ... some are super small mickey mouse unit and some are not so accessible. As for parking issue, it is the same situation in all landed area where resident park along the road side.

Wow. What a huge unit! No wonder you are looking forward to moving in. Should have cost you at least $2m for this place. I visited the showroom back in Feb 2009 to see Verte and Ambra. Verte is very nicely located next to the Siglap park connector and short walking distance to Kembangan mrt. Big units which also costs a lot more.

I would consider combining the mbr and br 4 into one to have a walk-in wardrobe at br 4 and more space in mbr which would be REALLY nice. I'll be one of those people screaming (like in the Heineken tv ad) if you invite me there for housewarming someday. haha :D

I had visited several of the showrooms and realised that indeed the units tend to be small with limited facilities (if any). TK also tends to get congested in the morning rush hours as there is only one road in/out and most of the times parked cars from landed houses lined the other side of the roads.

Anyway, I live opp TK, at Pulasan Rd which is under Joo Chiat (Still Road separates TK and Joo Chiat). It is fairly quiet here and only the barking dogs irritate the residents here. Inconsiderate dogowners who walk their dogs late at night cause the dogs in landed houses to bark and thus a chain reaction of other dogs all joining in the choir sing-a-long.

Pros: Many good food outlets (still road black pepper crab, Katong laksa and nonya food, see link for more eating places)

http://sg.travel.yahoo.com/inspirations/10...clave?cid=today

Good schools in the vincinity.

Near to airport, East Coast, CBD (via Nicoll highway or ECP), Parkway Parade

Wow. What a huge unit! No wonder you are looking forward to moving in. Should have cost you at least $2m for this place. I visited the showroom back in Feb 2009 to see Verte and Ambra. Verte is very nicely located next to the Siglap park connector and short walking distance to Kembangan mrt. Big units which also costs a lot more.

I would consider combining the mbr and br 4 into one to have a walk-in wardrobe at br 4 and more space in mbr which would be REALLY nice. I'll be one of those people screaming (like in the Heineken tv ad) if you invite me there for housewarming someday. haha :D

I had visited several of the showrooms and realised that indeed the units tend to be small with limited facilities (if any). TK also tends to get congested in the morning rush hours as there is only one road in/out and most of the times parked cars from landed houses lined the other side of the roads.

Anyway, I live opp TK, at Pulasan Rd which is under Joo Chiat (Still Road separates TK and Joo Chiat). It is fairly quiet here and only the barking dogs irritate the residents here. Inconsiderate dogowners who walk their dogs late at night cause the dogs in landed houses to bark and thus a chain reaction of other dogs all joining in the choir sing-a-long.

Pros: Many good food outlets (still road black pepper crab, Katong laksa and nonya food, see link for more eating places)

http://sg.travel.yahoo.com/inspirations/10...clave?cid=today

Good schools in the vincinity.

Near to airport, East Coast, CBD (via Nicoll highway or ECP), Parkway Parade

Just out of curiosity, does Pulasan side faces the same problem of parked cars along the roads?