Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuene

Haus Of Yuene

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
how can this be possible?? i thought ikea stuff all comes in standard packages? :bangwall:

I KNOW!!!! That's why I was even more shocked when my husband said they forgot one part of the drawer, and I went WTF how on earth is that even possible right???? I also dunno how they did that.

After so many months of slowly adding this and that... and of course sans one drawer...

The haus of yuene is finally complete. Housewarming is tomorrow, pictures will come up over the weekend. :)

This doesn't mean I won't log back into the thread, as I will continue to post up as and when I add new items and stuff like that. It's the little things that make a house a home.

After so many months of slowly adding this and that... and of course sans one drawer...

The haus of yuene is finally complete. Housewarming is tomorrow, pictures will come up over the weekend. :)

This doesn't mean I won't log back into the thread, as I will continue to post up as and when I add new items and stuff like that. It's the little things that make a house a home.

congrats~ :yamseng:

so when are they returning with that ONE drawer? :P

congrats~ :yamseng:

so when are they returning with that ONE drawer? :P

Thanks marshmallow!

That one drawer... god only knows when... I need to find my invoice ASAP!

The Haus of Yuene

It's been a long journey from the planning and conceptualisation of the renovation to the final product; in all, almost 3 years in the making. I've had loads of fun, and also had a learning journey--the first time is always the hardest, as they say.

It was the housewarming party with my salsa friends yesterday, so this afternoon, I did the cleaning up, and decided to take some nice shots with my DSLR (up until now, every photo of the completed house has been an iPhone camera shot--not too flattering really..)

Without further ado, pictures!

From the entrance of the house:

DSC_4995.jpg

From the dining area:

DSC_4990.jpg

My dining area:

DSC_5004.jpg

My completed kitchen, with my oven :wub: :

DSC_5006.jpg

The other side of the kitchen (kinda messy):

DSC_5007.jpg

More pictures...

My bed (with bedframe). Window blinds aren't down as the room is very dark with them drawn.

DSC_5025.jpg

ps marshmallow IKEA called back, and they're fixing the drawer on the 26th! Finally =___=

Walk-in wardrobe (with curtains drawn):

DSC_5014.jpg

And curtains pulled back:

DSC_5010.jpg

That's my vanity counter:

DSC_5018.jpg

Not reno-related, but:

DSC_5044.jpg

Elaine's enjoying the bed. It's hers now, and I'm just borrowing it.

Study room with blinds slightly down:

DSC_5053.jpg

The foyer area:

DSC_5066.jpg

The littlest things that take me there...

Spicing up my life (rather blur... hands were shaky after 4 rounds of sweeping and mopping):

DSC_5058.jpg

A framed-up postcard from the Wun Ying Gallery (I have a big poster version of this that I lugged all the way from HK--I'll get around to having it framed someday...)

DSC_4998.jpg

And my tree clock:

DSC_4994.jpg

Yes, the swing DOES swing as the clock ticks. It's the reason why I bought this clock (and the blurred image). I love it!

Thanks for tuning in!

Edited by yuene

A framed-up postcard from the Wun Ying Gallery (I have a big poster version of this that I lugged all the way from HK--I'll get around to having it framed someday...)

DSC_4998.jpg

hey hey hey... I'M BACK!

is such a joy to see everyone's transformation and yrs is no exception too!

i see choices of bold colors in the house eh

the postcard is nice! sort of similar art to your profile pic once. are they from the same artist?

DSC_4998.jpg

hey hey hey... I'M BACK!

is such a joy to see everyone's transformation and yrs is no exception too!

i see choices of bold colors in the house eh

the postcard is nice! sort of similar art to your profile pic once. are they from the same artist?

Hey ne0!!!! Welcome back! Where have you been??? I was wondering where you (and come to think of it, titanax and lachesis) disappeared to.

Yup, bold colours in small splashes, because while I like a nice white palette, I also like to have cheery colours (that's why I have a yellow sofa ^^)

And yes, the postcard and one of my previous profile pics are done by the same artist--Carrie Wun Ying, who's based in Hong Kong. I visited her gallery in Gough St while I was there in 2009, so I brought home a couple of items from there. One of the shops on the 3rd level of Cathay does sell some of her stuff too (but very expensive).

Hi, where did you get the fabric sofa? I am looking for a L-shape one. Thanks

Hi Pegasus,

I bought mine at Species, at the Furniture Mall; it cost us around $1.2K, if I didn't remember wrongly.

Before you buy from them, you might want to take a look at this thread first:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...=16647&st=0

They called me back to let me know that the fabric I originally chose for my sofa was out of stock, and I could either wait for the fabric to come back in stock while they loaned me a sofa (in which case the sofa would be delivered at the earliest in January 2011...!!!! I made my order in October 2010), or I could change the fabric colour to one that was in-stock. I chose the latter, because I'd read the reviews and decided that if I let them hold on to the thing, if there are any more delays, god only knows when I would get my sofa. The sofa was delivered 1 week after the original date. No problems with it thus far. That's my personal dealings with Species up until now, but it seems that a few people have had bad experiences, so as usual, it's caveat emptor.

hey yuene, Ikea missed out one drawer of your bed frame rite...

guess what, i got my Ikea delivery last weekend. when we opened up the package of our Framsta black glass panel, there is only 1 piece of glass inside (supposed to have 2 pieces) :o the delivery/assembly guys were also surprised~

think something is wrong with Ikea's packaging department recently :bangwall:

Hey ne0!!!! Welcome back! Where have you been??? I was wondering where you (and come to think of it, titanax and lachesis) disappeared to.

Yup, bold colours in small splashes, because while I like a nice white palette, I also like to have cheery colours (that's why I have a yellow sofa ^^)

And yes, the postcard and one of my previous profile pics are done by the same artist--Carrie Wun Ying, who's based in Hong Kong. I visited her gallery in Gough St while I was there in 2009, so I brought home a couple of items from there. One of the shops on the 3rd level of Cathay does sell some of her stuff too (but very expensive).

yea.. am back, finally. i guess everyone got busy once the reno is finally over.

but have faith, our cohort will come back soon. i did, didnt i? ha

well, i went off for my wedding day preparation and thereafter spent time getting a few more items for the house (yes, we finally bought the ss steel bench, ha).

lots of house warming sessions ensued during the cny period, got even more things for the house, then a big move in my career and finally, took a short break to hk in feb and did something i always wanted to do since young.

i see. yea, i first come to know these pictures when i was at Cathay too. so i know who painted it. tks!