Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DavFong

Item Missing During Renovation

I do not know how to uninstall the TV, if not I would have done it and locked it up.

You are right ID supervise work and should aviod things that would go wrong during the process of the work.

DavFong, let bygone be bygone. Anyway, got buy my idea in buying lottory or not? Shares? Try 3 months & full stop. Or can tell us your unit #? Let's "huat" together.

Yes, ID has "unexpressed" or "implied" duties to ensure the site's security & saftety, issues like "fire", "theft of items", "debris", & "3rd party property damage" etc, when the site is in his possession. He has rights to deny any unauthorised access to site too. ID = Clerk Of Work, to coordinate all activities wrt reno to fall within stipulated time span/schedule. In fact, for reno, ID is having heavy responsibility. Though all these are not spelt out and signed in any papers.

On the other hand, owner shall not deem fit to place "items irrelevant to reno" while site is in ID's possession. ID could claim irrelevancy as to his scope of work. These are common law. Ok? Thank you.

Ah hia, wrt to SPF: Those "vandalism" cases, owner lodged format complaints, vandalism happened again, owner spent money installing cctv, finally caught the culprit & handed evidence to SDF, you know much time, $ the owner spent? Just to see this culprit being put behind bar? Owner not satisfied by the "long time" taken by SPF & feedback to MP, MP wrote letter, explaination letter returned saying they were shorthanded & OI kept changing. what can you do? Give me your number & let's "huat" together is more practical lah.

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Never resolve matter when 1 party is angry, cos all that comes out are only hurting words which is regretable :(

Swee !

I will not waste time argue with those extraneous examples. I respect your opinion if you are not one sided.

When you engage in a business, there are certain expectations that should be fulfilled. Keeping the house in secure condition was not excessive expectation. Such expectation protects house owner interest and the ID. I expect the ID to continue provide good service to resolve issue after the incident, not escape responsibility by saying busy, ignore respond and even accuse me. The bottom line is the ID was unprofessional and irresponsible, main reason of my unsatisfactory.

Let the potential customers judge the case for themselves. If they think the ID has no fault, hopefully pray they will not experience what I had gone through.

It only takes 1 customer to know about the case and think twice before engage business with the irresponsible company / ID. That would have served the purpose to raise public awareness. Eventually the ID will suffer more down the road and not thinking he could get away with it.

TV mount are bolt to the wall, but the TV with the bracket are hook type.

Just slide vertical up and bingo, its off the hook, no need any tool.

He avoid you now cos you had sentence him to death.

You don't give him room to discuss.

After you have cool down, perhaps you can discuss for a resolution.

Never resolve matter when 1 party is angry, cos all that comes out are only hurting words which is regretable :(

The advice of uninstall came too late T_T but thanks.

I did not sentence him to death. I allow him to try buy back the same TV, try claim my insurance….all I could do to reduce his and my lost. But when all won’t help, he accuse and say I did not take his offer to pay back the TV amount… basically he was buying time and in the end ignore me. My friend said I was too nice….(or too dumb)

DavFong, let bygone be bygone. Anyway, got buy my idea in buying lottory or not? Shares? Try 3 months & full stop. Or can tell us your unit #? Let's "huat" together.

Yes, ID has "unexpressed" or "implied" duties to ensure the site's security & saftety, issues like "fire", "theft of items", "debris", & "3rd party property damage" etc, when the site is in his possession. He has rights to deny any unauthorised access to site too. ID = Clerk Of Work, to coordinate all activities wrt reno to fall within stipulated time span/schedule. In fact, for reno, ID is having heavy responsibility. Though all these are not spelt out and signed in any papers.

On the other hand, owner shall not deem fit to place "items irrelevant to reno" while site is in ID's possession. ID could claim irrelevancy as to his scope of work. These are common law. Ok? Thank you.

Ah hia, wrt to SPF: Those "vandalism" cases, owner lodged format complaints, vandalism happened again, owner spent money installing cctv, finally caught the culprit & handed evidence to SDF, you know much time, $ the owner spent? Just to see this culprit being put behind bar? Owner not satisfied by the "long time" taken by SPF & feedback to MP, MP wrote letter, explaination letter returned saying they were shorthanded & OI kept changing. what can you do? Give me your number & let's "huat" together is more practical lah.

I told him about the items and he said he will take care....(anyway was my foolishness to trust)

I am not upset or angry anymore. Is not about $$$, just feel a bit unsatisfied and do not wish the ID could just get away like this. In fact it was CASE who advice me to post to forum.

Wish you "haut" J I don’t gamble..

The advice of uninstall came too late T_T but thanks.

I did not sentence him to death. I allow him to try buy back the same TV, try claim my insurance….all I could do to reduce his and my lost. But when all won’t help, he accuse and say I did not take his offer to pay back the TV amount… basically he was buying time and in the end ignore me. My friend said I was too nice….(or too dumb)

You mean ID offer to pay back TV. Wah, you should take it man. Now still can ?

Think this would be a win win case.

10 years down the road, you would be proud that you had made that decision.

You are being reasonable and rational, not dumb.

Your friend only add fire to this issue.

My tenant breach rental agreement, so how? sue him for 24 mths ?

Guy is already in dire straits, Aiya, just forfeit the 2 mth deposit, and get on living.

At least I cut my losses.

SMS him, tell him you were upset abt the lost, thats why you are mad.

Second time, try to call him again, try talking again.

Most important, get the comm going, CUT YOUR LOSSES man,

Think the ID roughly know which group of contractor did this.

But then, it is very difficult to nap the person if not caught red handed.

ID ( Saleman ) might not engage this contractor, cos there are other groups.

ID will advise Client to lock up their portable stuff from this incident.

I bought few hundred dollars of toiletory stuff and put them at the kitchen Cabinet.

But my ID was nice enought to lock it up for me in one of the room.

Actually, I also not careful but lucky.

Guess, both party learn their lessons la.

posting on forum is a very short term thing. People will forget about this thread once new threads come in.

company can change name easily, ID can change name also.

posting here does not raise public awareness in my opinion. more likely is to shame to take revenge by shaming him instead.

i see that there are 500+ views on this thread.....assuming a maximum of 500+ people do not shortlist the ID, would the business of the ID be affected? i doubt so...Singapore have several millions in population.

"professional" is being used extremely loosely, and contractors, (those good ones) should be described as dedicated or serious in their work instead. there is nothing professional about a sales and coordinating job. As with other unregulated industries, people should have low expectations and take safeguards to protect themselves.

Afterall, thousands of people officially complain about renovation matters! there are many others who don't...

You mean ID offer to pay back TV. Wah, you should take it man. Now still can ?

Think this would be a win win case.

10 years down the road, you would be proud that you had made that decision.

You are being reasonable and rational, not dumb.

Your friend only add fire to this issue.

My tenant breach rental agreement, so how? sue him for 24 mths ?

Guy is already in dire straits, Aiya, just forfeit the 2 mth deposit, and get on living.

At least I cut my losses.

SMS him, tell him you were upset abt the lost, thats why you are mad.

Second time, try to call him again, try talking again.

Most important, get the comm going, CUT YOUR LOSSES man,

He actually agreed to pay after the incdient but it never happen. And he even thick skin to ask for his outstanding payment. Of course I refuse to pay until he settle my lost (but the balance was not sufficient). I think is fair to protect my interest given what he had put me thru. After a few months, he claimed he offered but I refuse and avoid all responds.

I was upset but not mad in the beginning. I understand no body want it to happen. But it was his attitude that slowly puts me off. There was no sign of apology after the incident and kept trying to protect own interest. It was obvious he was not genuine to pay.

posting on forum is a very short term thing. People will forget about this thread once new threads come in.

company can change name easily, ID can change name also.

posting here does not raise public awareness in my opinion. more likely is to shame to take revenge by shaming him instead.

i see that there are 500+ views on this thread.....assuming a maximum of 500+ people do not shortlist the ID, would the business of the ID be affected? i doubt so...Singapore have several millions in population.

"professional" is being used extremely loosely, and contractors, (those good ones) should be described as dedicated or serious in their work instead. there is nothing professional about a sales and coordinating job. As with other unregulated industries, people should have low expectations and take safeguards to protect themselves.

Afterall, thousands of people officially complain about renovation matters! there are many others who don't...

Hi gimz

I would have to disagree with you. People write about good IDs to credit their services, it is also important to sound off on bad IDs.

If the intention is to shame, I can do better than this. My 1st post, I did not release his details but only ask for advice.

I think 500 viewers is already a good start to raise public awareness.

I assume an ID could earn 2-3K from a job. It only takes one people decide not to use the ID and he will suffer more lost, not only in term of monetary but also reputation. Only dim-witted IDs believe they can get away.

Singapore would not have progress so fast if the people have low expectation. Expectation is one driver of improvement.

Hi gimz

I would have to disagree with you. People write about good IDs to credit their services, it is also important to sound off on bad IDs.

If the intention is to shame, I can do better than this. My 1st post, I did not release his details but only ask for advice.

I assume an ID could earn 2-3K from a job. It only takes one people decide not to use the ID and he will suffer more lost, not only in term of monetary but also reputation. Only dim-witted IDs believe they can get away.

Singapore would not have progress so fast if the people have low expectation. Expectation is one driver of improvement.

what i have said is a fact of life, u can choose not to believe in it. While sounding off the alarm is good, rarely does it impact the business of a ID in reality. There are tons (really tons, just look at hdb's approved contractors) of contractors and changing business name is really at a click of button.

out of the 500 views, i probably contribute about 20? haha.. unless u keep coming into renotalk to bump up the thread, probably no one will read this thread one year later. If you don't believe me, thats fine. I am just telling you what the outcome would be. You could of course choose to believe that your ID will be so badly affected that he has no income and have to end up as a begger.

In reality, one year later, your ID could be still doing a roaring business under a different name, at a different location and no one will ever know unless u bother to track them down. (which i doubt u will) The powers of forum is really over-rated. People come into renotalk at some point in life, i.e. when they are doing reno. After which, they will probably leave the forum and move on with lives. Just look at the people who are active in renotalk, how many of them stay around for long after reno is done?

level of expectation --> just read some tblogs to get a feel of what is being provided. everyone wants cheap and good and nice, i just want to point out that the level of expectation should not be high becos most renovation works screw up somewhere somehow. U can set whatever expectation u want, they will always find ways to under-achieve. Simple things like drilling a hole to install a toiletries holder also can drill wrong. Toiletries holder only got 2 screw holes, but blind plumber can drill 3 holes on my wall tiles... :unsure:

eventually u did name the ID right? if that is not shaming, i don't know what shaming is already.

i also had quarrels and bad experiences with my contractor, but i chose not to shame him outright in the forum. He surfs this forum by the way...

as far as im concerned, i am done with trying to get you in touch with the reality in life. I shall move on.

Hi gimz

My opinion: to create awareness to world at large over certain issue, 500 viewers is completely NOTHING. Human memory has this "recency effect". When you do human interview, you will understand. Today remember you, tomorrow forget you. History tells. Wrt complaint, always must know own limits first, WHAT (one arm?, one leg? completely down?) result to achieve, aim then trigger. If perceive no result, save all the breath, bite the bullet, cos tomrrow has to continue.

Edited by bepgof

Wrt complaint, always must know own limits first, WHAT (one arm?, one leg? completely down?) result to achieve, aim then trigger. If perceive no result, save all the breath, bite the bullet, cos tomrrow has to continue.

Completely agree. Need to ask, what's the point? Life is short, focus on the important issues.

I don’t think the ID will be badly affected until he would end up as beggar but he could have more business if he was more responsible. He thought he could get away but he was wrong.

I also believe his reputation will suffer with the 800 viewers or even more. After all renovation business is very competitive and reputation counts. He could change whatever he can, but is still a cost to him. Eventually he will pay certain price for his improper doing.

This forum will not be the only public network that I will share my bad experiences of the ID.

Not sure if 80 ppl view 10 times = 80 viewer

Bottom line,

ID got some fault.

But, lets face the fact, you are a little at fault too.

By admiting the truth, you learn and move on.

Really, you might feel better.