Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

Yes, you got that istel, :)

So far, I have no complains (thus far) with his company

(just that my contractor is fussy when they soiled the painted walls during the last installation.

Will give a review at the later stage when they do the a/c testing.

Stay tune. :)

Ah... I see... The problem with my wall as you can see is that there's no beam for me to flush the trunking to... so it'll just look like one long box across my wall :(

Also, I realized that your trunking goes through the wall to the compressor straight instead of being re-routed to the bathroom and then out through the bathroom wall to the compressor?

Lastly, how do you find Aaron's service btw?

Cheers!

Hihi, how's everything so far countblessing :)

To address your quiries;

Dexufto, please advise:

1. Is it better to install the A/C fancoils before or after the false ceiling is up?

> Actually there's no issue having tfancoils up before/ after the false ceiling, however there's

certain advantages and disavtanages, which is say fancoils before false-ceiling maybe more

appropriate.

fancoil first;

The partition/ false ceiling guy can do the "cut-out" more accurately, factoring in additional space

when you open the a/c fancoil lid space for mainteance.

false ceiling first;

Your a/c fancoils will not risk getting dirty (or damaged) by the partition/ false-ceiling installers,

What i see is that the first (fancoil first) overweights more than the latter;

Thank God for me the false ceiling guy actually gives a generous amt of space (and I wonder why so much,

thought just cut out the appropriate depth & width is sufficient liaoz?)

2. What is a cutout? What is it made of? What is it for?

>Space allocated for the fancoils, curtains, blinds- things that you usually hand on top, towards the ceiling.

These lobangs are necessary else, all your other fittings(fancoils, curtains, blinds), would then have to be installed

below the false ceiling level.

The false ceiling will just run outside these space

Look at the space on the right, "cut-out"DSCN3075.jpg

Thanks Dexufto. Your posts are very informative to ignorant people like me. Thanks again.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Happy,

Thanks for the compliments

Interesting read. :)

Oh that ain't my fridge space; it's the base for my full kitchen cabinet

The space on left is for my fridge (rather large size actually)

Hi Guys

No offend to everybody.

During renovations, it is better to have strangers/friends/relatives to visits often, to have 'ren chi' flow in the empty unit (during renovations), rather than stale environment...more 'ren-chi' moving, the better your house will be.

BTW, is that fridge base? Kind of small....able to fit in bigger fridge?

You have a nice house....

Happy

Oh dear, sounds like a tight path back home each day brothers.

Neubie, why don't you write in to TC and ask for recommendation? I realised our TC is quite effective actually.

u shld see my corridor. can't believe the condition of the plants and their supports that my neighbours have. if Bro Dex allows me to post a pic here, u'll see what i mean. it doesn't even look as if the plants are maintained at all, other than watering. all sorts of junk.

but lucky me, my corridor is not those 3ft type. even so, it does seem a bit of an eyesore and perhaps, evacuation route hazard.

i feel like complaining to my TC on this. some more, the longkang is recessed in like a small channel like this ---___---, the drain color is the same as pavement, very easy to stumble and sprain leg as a result...

Oh dear, sounds like a tight path back home each day brothers.

haha...for me, still ok. cos my corridor is one of those old types, very wide to start with. so even though they have lots of plants and other stuff, the space is still wide enough for 2 person to walk side-by-side.

it's just the stuff tt they put there. u knw la...hw some flat dwellers basically use the corridor as their storeroom from nature.

there was this metallic piece, a little like a bar stool without the cushion, tt was sitting along the corridor, totally rusted and severely rotted. one supplier commented tt it's a very interesting design - natural aging.....rofl.

Yes, you got that istel, :)

So far, I have no complains (thus far) with his company

(just that my contractor is fussy when they soiled the painted walls during the last installation.

Will give a review at the later stage when they do the a/c testing.

Stay tune. :)

Glad to see everything is going along so smoothly and fast now. I'm hanging tight here :)

Edited by istel

Dexufto: Hihi, how's everything so far countblessing

I am very busy everyday, getting ready for the reno. Have already engaged a contractor. Will be starting reno soon.

Dexufto, thanks so much for all your very good advice.

Yea, corridor and common staircase, better make sure that it is not a fire hazard area.

I'm blessed to have a clean corridor in my area.

Natural aging :D

Becareful of the rust

haha...for me, still ok. cos my corridor is one of those old types, very wide to start with. so even though they have lots of plants and other stuff, the space is still wide enough for 2 person to walk side-by-side.

it's just the stuff tt they put there. u knw la...hw some flat dwellers basically use the corridor as their storeroom from nature.

there was this metallic piece, a little like a bar stool without the cushion, tt was sitting along the corridor, totally rusted and severely rotted. one supplier commented tt it's a very interesting design - natural aging.....rofl.

:D

Glad to see everything is going along so smoothly and fast now. I'm hanging tight here :)

Cool, drop me a note should you need anything,

there's wealth of experience from all senior forumers here.

I am very busy everyday, getting ready for the reno. Have already engaged a contractor. Will be starting reno soon.

Lights, camera, action.

Having Lights in your place is like another milestone in the renovation;

no longer will you be sneaking around with your handphone, trying to figure out what has been been in the dark ;)

Alpha V6 Fan Installation-

Bracket

DSCN3132.jpg

DSCN3135.jpg

MBR WIW Pendant Lights

DSCN3112.jpg

effects of the Pendant Lights (3 modes available :2 halogen, 2ft T5, 2 halogn + 2ft T5)

DSCN3139.jpg

Edited by dexufto

MBR

Closeup on the LEDs

DSCN3118.jpg

MBR LED lights on my freshly painted walls.

my missus is delighted.

DSCN3126.jpg

LEDs + fan effects at night

DSCN3136.jpg

Edited by dexufto

Hmm, the thing that you're holding is a driver for the LED lights? Each light has one driver?

Its quite big, guess i have to ask my ID again as we do not have any false ceiling to conceal them. See if its feasible for all the locations as the driver is rather big... palm sized.

Yea, corridor and common staircase, better make sure that it is not a fire hazard area.

I'm blessed to have a clean corridor in my area.

Natural aging :D

Becareful of the rust

haha....it's precisely because of the rust and pitting that he termed it "natural aging".

anyway, it has since been thrown away liao. it was just standing there, not being used to support any plants or anything, and my corner unit neighbour told my ID's hauler to throw it away. i asked her if it was ok wif the other neighbour, since it belonged to them rather than to corner unit neighbour, and she said she'll ask them. den nx site visit a few days later, it was gone. so i assumed she had it thrown. the other neighbour didn come and make noise to me, so ok la.

so long as i dun get caught in any crossfire between them.....if there is one. haha....

The whole LED with housing is my palm size as seem in pic, comes along with the driver,

silvery thing about size of 2 AA batteries.

And yes, electrician just need to connect the wires.

Halogen bulbs also require Lbox or sort isn't it?

Hi dexufto, thanks for the really informative thread.

Interested to get ligLEDhts for my new place too. Just want to ask for RM55, the 3W downlights include everything from housing to the bulb? meaning the electrician just need to connect the wires and it can work?

Cos read from other places that LED need a transformer or something like that for it to work or does it?

Do they sell LED equivalent of halogen lights that you're aware of?

Thanks!

Thanks again for the info. Shall await your installation and see the results.

Guess what I'm referring to is the Led equivalent of halogen spotlights that you usually see in reno magazines?

Haha. Not sure what I'm saying here too. Shall make a trip to JB soon when i come back from Genting early december so that any purchases i make will have bigger tax rebates.

Hmm.. Led strips need a transformer but the downlights doesnt? The housing has it taken care of?

Argh... technology

Hmm, the thing that you're holding is a driver for the LED lights? Each light has one driver?

Its quite big, guess i have to ask my ID again as we do not have any false ceiling to conceal them. See if its feasible for all the locations as the driver is rather big... palm sized.

HALL

The front of my hall (TV console area) turn out to be super bright (enough to light up my whole Hall till kitchen)

3 groups of lightings contributed to the illumination.

i) left / right Cool white (CW) PLC lights (each PLC are 20W philips dimmable- a less power comsumption alternative to halogon)

The right rows are controlled by the switch by the main door enterance; most accessible when I returned home

at night, need not fiddle around in the dark.

DSCN3153.jpg

ii) 4 ft T5 WW cove lights. Originally intended to have only 1 tube at every cove, contractor says not nice,

like there's a break lighting flow. added 2 more T5, each to the vertical side of the cove; now my cove lights

are super bright. 6 T5s contributing to 168W (ouch!)

DSCN3155.jpg

This picture doesn't accuratelly display the WW of the T5, looks more like CW

iii) contribution of i+ii

DSCN3154.jpg

Almost forgot that my Alpha V6 fan has lights as well.

something about the fan or my ceiling that I'm most irritated.

I didn't realised that the fan turn out to be so low (it measures 56cm from ceiling) and my Hall ceiling is ~2.4m

*sigh*

My rear hall consists of 4 Warm-white(WW) 3-LED downlights (having 4 PLC lights maybe an overkill)

In that small matter of space a 2 PLC in placed in series vertically across is sufficient.

DSCN3151.jpg

Edited by dexufto

You're welcome.

And this post is for you.

As requested; my bathroom stuffs from AOS.

Basin+Cabinet set (monga-60) and Mirror cabinet on top

DSCN3142.jpg

ps: yet to removed the protective masking tapes.

Closeup on the shiny crome Grohe Eurosmart Basin Mixer. :good:

DSCN3145.jpg

Grohe Rainshower System

DSCN3144.jpg

Closeup on the Grohe Eurosmart Bath-Mixer

DSCN2984.jpg

Edited by dexufto

30L Magnum ELJF water heater

Heavy duty steel tank with titanium enamel coating

1000,000 times impact testing for pressure protection

single welding line for the inner tank

energy saving polyurethane foam insulation