Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Location Of Divider

bro ngunadi

hope you don't mind me sharing my floor plan here. Master chang advise me to build a partition near the door. My house looks like there is a throat like what bro bepof mention.

Screenshot2010-05-30atPM123437.png

No problem.

The partition that Master Chang advises is good from the design perspective, it doesn't take so much hall space.

Imagine if he ask you to build the partition align to the same wall of the toilet. It would be difficult :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
bro ngunadi

hope you don't mind me sharing my floor plan here. Master chang advise me to build a partition near the door. My house looks like there is a throat like what bro bepof mention.

Screenshot2010-05-30atPM123437.png

Hi htng,

I noticed that you have a divider in one of your bedrooms.. that's what Master Chang advises us to do. It needs to be non-reflective and cover all the way to the ceiling as well. Can check with you if the occupants in the room experience any stuffiness since the room is already small, and with a divider? How's the air flow?

thanks.

As you mentioned, the green mark is a more "precise" place to create foyer or throat than the brown. But why Master Chang advises on brown spot?

I asked him whether we could put it on the "green" spot but he said it won't have a good result. So, I follow his advise and built the partition near the brown spot.

As I brought in the useless, balcony to be part of hall, there's still enough space to put the TV console. The dining table is located near the entrance of the kitchen.

Coffee-O would come ... we could meet up for coffee/supper at bedok :D

Besides the folyer issue, can't spot any other fs "defect" from plan, noticed also the hall quite "big", 6600 by 7250mm = 22ft by 24ft.

Since built, just leave it. The windchime in rm3? I also note the following (not much of a concern, just some knowledge):

Wind flow always take its shortest path.

- During "winter"( ~nov to mar), N & NE wind. Flow from hall's window throught door (if open) and kitchen.

- Hall's window to MBR, if MBR door & window open

- During NE wind, yr house will be the most "windy" period, if windows & doors open

- S, SE winds june ~ aug, yr unit, most "stuffy" period

- Seem yr kitchen short of nature light.

-Morning sun, good.

Might I know how wide is yr kitchen entrance, just curious, any beam(s) within kitchen?

Edited by bepgof

can share who is ur fsm? Most will say block bcos I show plan to 3 fsm before. Direct door / window facing is no good. One of my friend didn't put bcos she mention fsm says her house qi very good

my fsm is actually some master that my hubby go to for prayers leh. same as your friend, the master also told us the house qi is good, so don't put something in between to block. he even said we facing the staircase also good. Actually, i'm quite surprised too, cos i also know most fsm will advise to put a divider. i even thought of how the divider will be, then when he said don't need, i was taken aback actually

Hi Merydith, care to post the floorplan? You FSM could be right also. My divider (blk 94D) was 2.5 ' wide, centre hollow, ever put son inside while young after he repeatedly asked me what was kept inside. MIL like to lean against the glass blocks while watching tv programmes. I sometimes slept next to it on floor, "outsiders" from door couldn't see. Anyway, only 5 units per floor, let them saw also never mind.

my floor plan:

FloorPlansB.jpg

my is the corner unit. so nobody will walk past. unless someone decides to take the stairs lor, which will probably be quite rare.. cleaners will keep walking past though.

Besides the folyer issue, can't spot any other fs "defect" from plan, noticed also the hall quite "big", 6600 by 7250mm = 22ft by 24ft.

Since built, just leave it. The windchime in rm3? I also note the following (not much of a concern, just some knowledge):

Wind flow always take its shortest path.

- During "winter"( ~nov to mar), N & NE wind. Flow from hall's window throught door (if open) and kitchen.

- Hall's window to MBR, if MBR door & window open

- During NE wind, yr house will be the most "windy" period, if windows & doors open

- S, SE winds june ~ aug, yr unit, most "stuffy" period

- Seem yr kitchen short of nature light.

-Morning sun, good.

Might I know how wide is yr kitchen entrance, just curious, any beam(s) within kitchen?

I wonder, is it safe to post the FS layout that Master Chang drew for us? OTOH, it should be keep "secret" but when I look again, there's nothing secret about it actually. Maybe I will show it to you during Coffee-O session :)

- There's no beam in the kitchen ..

- Kitchen is abit short of natural light. The kitchen door is around 1.2 m width? In front of the kitchen door is immediately the stove. Interestingly Master Chang asked us to put "black" solar film to the kitchen door, maybe since I'm the chef of the house and due to both of our bazi's.

- MBR is said not a very good location to sleep. Bedroom 2 and 3 are better. So, we combine the MBR and Bedroom 2. MBR is study room.

- Windchime is located at the corner of front foyer.

- Then there are 3 locations for sea salt and also 3 locations of plants.

- House is blocked so not much wind coming in. Even so, Master Chang asked us not to open the "right leaf" of the window.

Picture of Kitchen entrance.

4284452208_782c8db64a.jpg

I wonder, is it safe to post the FS layout that Master Chang drew for us? OTOH, it should be keep "secret" but when I look again, there's nothing secret about it actually. Maybe I will show it to you during Coffee-O session :)

- There's no beam in the kitchen ..

- Kitchen is abit short of natural light. The kitchen door is around 1.2 m width? In front of the kitchen door is immediately the stove. Interestingly Master Chang asked us to put "black" solar film to the kitchen door, maybe since I'm the chef of the house and due to both of our bazi's.

- MBR is said not a very good location to sleep. Bedroom 2 and 3 are better. So, we combine the MBR and Bedroom 2. MBR is study room.

- Windchime is located at the corner of front foyer.

- Then there are 3 locations for sea salt and also 3 locations of plants.

- House is blocked so not much wind coming in. Even so, Master Chang asked us not to open the "right leaf" of the window.

Picture of Kitchen entrance.

4284452208_782c8db64a.jpg

this plan is drawn by myself so no secret lah. Just don't release the version drawn by master with lots of lines. Thinking back, I still own bro bepof a photo. Haha!

As for my room with partition, my bro is staying there temp while he is waiting for his new house. Initially, master mention better for his bed to move to the current side but it sort of clash with door. He is happier there with the partition bcos it gives more privacy.

No issue with air flow bcos there is wind, fan plus my whole house Excep kitchen is fully aircon.

my fsm is actually some master that my hubby go to for prayers leh. same as your friend, the master also told us the house qi is good, so don't put something in between to block. he even said we facing the staircase also good. Actually, i'm quite surprised too, cos i also know most fsm will advise to put a divider. i even thought of how the divider will be, then when he said don't need, i was taken aback actually

my is the corner unit. so nobody will walk past. unless someone decides to take the stairs lor, which will probably be quite rare.. cleaners will keep walking past though.

Wow liao, you got a 7ft "throat", don't need any divider in hall to block anything lah. Entrance gives ppl a long and narrow feeling, passage way dim, unless kitchen wall got transparent glass.

- Good layout for rm2 & mbr, but rm3's door. err

- Kitchen look quite jammed, rm2 also relative small - one bed, one wardrobe, 1 dressing table - no space to walk liao

- Rm3's door...err, face direct the passage way and in middle of hall err....not that nice. Any ppl inside & outside get "scared" when door open?

- Look at windows... Should be rather "stuffy" whole yr round the whole unit, if without fan or aircon.

- Got 3 baths, good

Anyway, just my personal opinion, don't take it seriously.

Edited by bepgof

I'm not sure what method master chang use but just as a common saying, " Food cannot anyhow eat, things cannot anyhow place".

According to feng shui principles, everything has its place. Why don't you ask him instead and share here. :P Thank you in advance hor!!

As you mentioned, the green mark is a more "precise" place to create foyer or throat than the brown. But why Master Chang advises on brown spot?

I asked him whether we could put it on the "green" spot but he said it won't have a good result. So, I follow his advise and built the partition near the brown spot.

As I brought in the useless, balcony to be part of hall, there's still enough space to put the TV console. The dining table is located near the entrance of the kitchen.

Coffee-O would come ... we could meet up for coffee/supper at bedok :D

Divider's function serves besides "visual blocking", "qi retaining/diverting", as well as "backing". The backing portion can be easily observed of a man sits on a chair, in front a table, back with a horizontal divider. Yr hall is extra-orderinally big, 22ftx24ft, after deducting the walls, may be around 20ft x 22 ft? What made master change to insist on the location, very likely got to do with "chi diverting/retaining".

Edited by bepgof

Wow liao, you got a 7ft "throat", don't need any divider in hall to block anything lah. Entrance gives ppl a long and narrow feeling, passage way dim, unless kitchen wall got transparent glass.

- Good layout for rm2 & mbr, but rm3's door. err

- Kitchen look quite jammed, rm2 also relative small - one bed, one wardrobe, 1 dressing table - no space to walk liao

- Rm3's door...err, face direct the passage way and in middle of hall err....not that nice. Any ppl inside & outside get "scared" when door open?

- Look at windows... Should be rather "stuffy" whole yr round the whole unit, if without fan or aircon.

- Got 3 baths, good

Anyway, just my personal opinion, don't take it seriously.

no probs, i share your concern on the BR3 and brought this up to the master. but he said it's okay. that room is for my daughter and in fact, it's very good for her leh, as long as i don't place any mirrors at the dining facing her can already. BR2 is indeed small, that's why i kept that for my in laws, rather than for my kid. they visit us very often, so there's only 2 single beds and a wardrobe inside.

btw, where's the throat ah? i kept reading about the throat but still don't understand what is it.. haha.

anyway, this is currently the layout i'm having. previous owner changed kitchen entrance and convert utility to study so we keep it as it is. kitchen door is full glass, and the wall btwn dining and kitchen is half glass. i knock away toilet and doors to the yard so i can extend the kitchen all the way in.

layout here:

CurrentLayout.jpg

BR3 and hall window full height and there's plenty of light. on the contrary, the unit is very windy.

- "throat" is my invention term! yet to register patent, haha. FSMs said main door is the "mouth" where "chi" in & out. So the folyer (between hall & main door) is logically called "throat" - clever har !

- From revised plan, ex-owner is clever - altered the kitchen entrance door, near to main door & closed up the "original" entrance, so can place dinning table! As well as for natural light into the folyer area!

- I supposed kitchen door to be sliding type, Our bro Ngunadi got a "swing" door - to me it is very "obstructing".

- I wasn't saying rm 3 not good for ppl to stay in. It is the door's position, likely to cause "scare you, scare me" situation especially when the one inside and the one outside not "ready to expect" to meet each other, when at far distance at dim light condition, especially just wake up.

- The plan posted's orientation is R=east, top=north?

- Now the "throat" get shorten, and more "chi" exchange at folyer (kitchen in/out)area - may be can ask yr fsm is good or not, I also don't know. Kitchen busy is alway deemed as good, hall busy also good, rooms best to be quite, especially study room. Folyer busy?

Edited by bepgof

- Kitchen door is original, still good and looks expensive. So I leave it :D Though I add the black solar film.

- Maybe the "throat" area should be big so can eat more "food"/"wealth"? This is my own story to satisfy my own need. Which most probably is wrong. haha.

So for 3 room, it'll be tricky because difficult to build a wall/partition to make foyer because the space constraint.

to Ivy1981, Master Chang never explains why need to build so big. Maybe need to rub shoulder more often with him. But he's busy man, so difficult ..

- "throat" is my invention term! yet to register patent, haha. FSMs said main door is the "mouth" where "chi" in & out. So the folyer (between hall & main door) is logically called "throat" - clever har !

- From revised plan, ex-owner is clever - altered the kitchen entrance door, near to main door & closed up the "original" entrance, so can place dinning table! As well as for natural light into the folyer area!

- I supposed kitchen door to be sliding type, Our bro Ngunadi got a "swing" door - to me it is very "obstructing".

- I wasn't saying rm 3 not good for ppl to stay in. It is the door's position, likely to cause "scare you, scare me" situation especially when the one inside and the one outside not "ready to expect" to meet each other, when at far distance at dim light condition, especially just wake up.

- The plan posted's orientation is R=east, top=north?

- Now the "throat" get shorten, and more "chi" exchange at folyer (kitchen in/out)area - may be can ask yr fsm is good or not, I also don't know. Kitchen busy is alway deemed as good, hall busy also good, rooms best to be quite, especially study room. Folyer busy?

if door is mouth, throat is the passage way, then dining is the stomach, and hall the the.... bottom? hehehe.... ok, now i got it, i know what is throat liao.

actually foyer no natural light, cos the kitchen window is actually facing the lift side... err.. how to say ah? it's a wall la. so there's not much light from there. the whole dining/living, foyer, part kitchen (cos of half glass wall) light all come from the hall full height window.. keke.

my dining is also a swing door leh... cos entrance left and right too small for sliding.

the plan left side is east.

- Kitchen door is original, still good and looks expensive. So I leave it :D Though I add the black solar film.

- Maybe the "throat" area should be big so can eat more "food"/"wealth"? This is my own story to satisfy my own need. Which most probably is wrong. haha.

So for 3 room, it'll be tricky because difficult to build a wall/partition to make foyer because the space constraint.

to Ivy1981, Master Chang never explains why need to build so big. Maybe need to rub shoulder more often with him. But he's busy man, so difficult ..

ya..not only it's big, it's in such a weird position leh... got problem putting your sofa/dining?

ya..not only it's big, it's in such a weird position leh... got problem putting your sofa/dining?

master chang ask me to make my foyer bright.