Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Own Hdb + Private Property

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/...id?OpenDocument

Minimum Occupation Period (MOP)

HDB flat owners must have physically occupied their flats for a period of time, referred to as Minimum Occupation Period (MOP), before they are eligible to sell it in the open market.

Please note that definition of MOP.

Strictly speaking the flat must be occupied, leaving it vacant does not count at all. How to check whether place is occuppied? :) only way i can think of is utliity bills, maybe HDB scholars would have better ideas...haha...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ah, the point 3 is the cause of confusion.

So, if I have a pte and buy HDB resale, no matter what, I have MOP of 3 or 5 years. But that is MOP, that doesn't mean I have to stay in the hdb, I can still stay in the pte and leave the hdb vacant. Correct?

Yes, leave it vacant, but must change IC address.

RULE must stay there, Just put some furnitures there lah.

By the way, got 1 case, owner let mother stay in flat during MOP. Owner not stay there.

CANNOT. Rule is owner must stay there.

Minimum Occupation Period (MOP)

HDB flat owners must have physically occupied their flats for a period of time, referred to as Minimum Occupation Period (MOP), before they are eligible to sell it in the open market.

Please note that definition of MOP.

Strictly speaking the flat must be occupied, leaving it vacant does not count at all. How to check whether place is occuppied? :) only way i can think of is utliity bills, maybe HDB scholars would have better ideas...haha...

So long your S&C are not in arrears and there is no illegal tenant or renting.

HDB will not come to you. Got many friends buy flats, reno swee swee, heart pain to rent out.

Already more than 10 years. But still stay with parents, cos got food to eat.

Only go back for weekend making baby. HDB also don't bother.

1. Wah, your case, very chimp. If have pte hse, CANNOT take HDB loan !

2. If buy resale flat, must wait 1 yr before buy pte ? New to me.

3. HDB loan, for bankkrupt case, debtor cannot possess your property.

5 year MOP is for new flat or grant, not sure HDB loan is consider a grant.

3 or 5 year MOP start from the date your own the flat, legally under your name, nothing to do with loan

2. Don't believe? Go & pay 5% +15% then see how. Go & check HDB web. If can, I chiong already, now can see cannot touch, make saliva dripping.

HDB engaged many scholars to put underground mines here & there, watchout hor!

Edited by bepgof

1. Wah, your case, very chimp. If have pte hse, CANNOT take HDB loan !

2. If buy resale flat, must wait 1 yr before buy pte ? New to me.

1. For private owner, if want to buy resale HDB. No grant. No HDB loan. Only Bank loan

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Theme...RecordQuestion=

Q: I am a private property owner. Can I still buy a resale flat?

A: Yes. If you are a private property owner, you can still buy a resale flat as long as you occupy it. However, you will not be eligible for the CPF Housing Grant and HDB concessionary loan.

2. Yes. It use to be 1 yrs until recently it change to 3 yrs for Bank loan

Resale Flat bought in the open market (without CPF Housing Grant Scheme)

For resale applications received on or after 5 March 2010, the MOP is 3 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status.

Resale applications received before 5 Mar 2010 and existing owners of non-subsidised flats are not be affected. The MOP is as follows:

* 2½ years from effective date of resale if the owner takes a loan from HDB

* 1 year from the effective date of resale if:-

i. the owner has not taken a loan from HDB; or

ii. he has taken a loan from the bank/financial institution to finance the purchase.

bepgof bought the HDB before the rule change. So he can buy private property after 1 yrs. Same as me. :P

2. Don't believe? Go & pay 5% +15% then see how. Go & check HDB web. If can, I chiong already, now can see cannot touch, make saliva dripping.

At least you better than me, I need to wait until Feb 2011

1. For private owner, if want to buy resale HDB. No grant. No HDB loan. Only Bank loan

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Theme...RecordQuestion=

Q: I am a private property owner. Can I still buy a resale flat?

A: Yes. If you are a private property owner, you can still buy a resale flat as long as you occupy it. However, you will not be eligible for the CPF Housing Grant and HDB concessionary loan.

Resale Flat bought in the open market (without CPF Housing Grant Scheme)

For resale applications received on or after 5 March 2010, the MOP is 3 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status.

Resale applications received before 5 Mar 2010 and existing owners of non-subsidised flats are not be affected. The MOP is as follows:

* 2½ years from effective date of resale if the owner takes a loan from HDB

* 1 year from the effective date of resale if:-

i. the owner has not taken a loan from HDB; or

ii. he has taken a loan from the bank/financial institution to finance the purchase.

bepgof bought the HDB before the rule change. So he can buy private property after 1 yrs. Same as me. :P

But how about, see information in hdb website at: Living in HDB Flat > View More > Purchase Private Property > Eligibility Conditions > Flats Bought from the Open Market without CPF Housing Grant

seems what you and bepgof have been referring to is a bit different.

Edited by random_username

Based on the discussions above, if i have a private property, can i buy a HDB property and leave it vacant for 3 years and then sell it?

Based on the discussions above, if i have a private property, can i buy a HDB property and leave it vacant for 3 years and then sell it?

Why not? Remember to change address in IC to HDB's, within 14 days after possessing property. 3 yr = bankloan.

Edited by bepgof

Q: Do I have to tell HDB that I have bought a private property?

[Living in HDB Flats > Purchasing Private Properties]

A: Once you have fulfilled the minimum occupation period, you can buy private residential property. You do not need to inform HDB about your purchase.

Q: I have not fulfilled the minimum occupation period. What are the types of private properties I can invest in?

[Living in HDB Flats > Purchasing Private Properties]

A: If you have not fulfilled the minimum occupation period, you can only invest in:

pure commercial properties

pure industry properties

vacant land not zoned for residential development

You cannot invest in any type of property that is classified as residential or has residential accommodation.

So, I see ... now :)

So, would it be better to buy pte first then, hdb resale ? without restriction ?

Oh, wait ..cannot, if pte first, then no grant & no hdb concessionary loan.

Edited by Warrior88

Excuse me, ref to above link. Notice some changes with regards to the MOP of "SELLING FLAT"

It didn't mention that during this MOP, owner not allow to purchase any pte hse, shops .. etc.

Maybe another link ?

So, would it be better to buy pte first then, hdb resale ? without restriction ?

Oh, wait ..cannot, if pte first, then no grant & no hdb concessionary loan.

similar observation, which is why i was wondering about this above (though in relation to resale flats without cpf grant):

But how about, see information in hdb website at: Living in HDB Flat > View More > Purchase Private Property > Eligibility Conditions > Flats Bought from the Open Market without CPF Housing Grant

seems what you and bepgof have been referring to is a bit different.

any views, anyone?

Edited by random_username

simply.

call HDB.

Clear all your doubt

I've just logged on to my HDBpage, and sent them an equiry on this, let's wait for the written reply.

Edited by bepgof

Flats Bought Directly from HDB/ Open Market with CPF Housing Grant

The eligibility conditions are as follows:

The flat owners must satisfy the required occupation period for their flats before acquiring private property

The flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring private properties

However, exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy

Flats Bought from the Open Market without CPF Housing Grant

There is no need to satisfy the required occupation period for the flat before acquiring private property. However, flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring the private properties.

Exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy.

Last Updated on 27 Apr 2010

This one :(

Can, but Must meet MOP 3 or 5 years. HDB resale can make money meh ?

Current market value, I think HDB resale % would move relatively low compare to pte.

HDB many rules. Prices are already very high now. Unless maybe you are talking abt Woodlands.

Flats Bought Directly from HDB/ Open Market with CPF Housing Grant

The eligibility conditions are as follows:

The flat owners must satisfy the required occupation period for their flats before acquiring private property

The flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring private properties

However, exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy

Flats Bought from the Open Market without CPF Housing Grant

There is no need to satisfy the required occupation period for the flat before acquiring private property. However, flat owners must continue to stay in their HDB flats after acquiring the private properties.

Exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet their flats under the Subletting of Flat policy.

Last Updated on 27 Apr 2010

This one :(

Seem u're right, cos make no sense why first own pte can buy hdb resale, and first own hdb resale by bank loan and cannot buy pte. Otherwise it is against the economic rule, hdb scholar can think of this, there is no reason why I cannot tot of that too.

Edited by bepgof