Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
davidbslee

Home Protection Scheme (hps)

Revision of monthly installment plan can be submitted online through CPF. Need to logon Singpass.

Thought the effectively month not immediate but the following month.

IMO, HPS is the best package CPF even offer. Not only this is affordable but can use CPF.

Both should buy 100% each. % of protection is related to contribution. Should either one RIP

there are a lot of repercussion, altering your lifestyle not only in terms of finance.

Trust me, pls don't save in this.

The CPF Board office is just across my house. Can I go down to their office and ask them to help me change? Mine is under HDB bank loan by the way.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Davidbslee,

Sure, go to the office if you feel comfortable. 15 years ago, We pay HPS base on tenure and the loan amt. One lump sum. Imagining paying >8,000. Later, as HDB price go up, HPS also go up. . So to make it look affordable and reduce the refund amt, Now HPS is paid yearly base on outstanding loan. So it gets cheaper each year.

What we commit should be affect our "FAMILY" If I should return my IC, my loan are insured. I buy accident, health, life & investment, mortgage loan insurance policy. Even though I owe bank money. I have peace of mind knowing life still goes on without me. As they are not burden financially. I also keep some CPF to TOP UP for my parent.

Ok, If now I wanted to service the instalment loan all by myself using only my CPF only instead both of us service the loan. So it is possible? If possible, do I need to go thought lawyer or just go to CPF Board office?

I am paying the installment loan fully with my CPF OA only, but both myself and my wife is fully covered by HPS. If you want to amend your installment amt, just go to your nearest HDB branch office. Not so sure whether can submit thru' HDB online or not.

What warrior said is true, don't save on HPS, so far this is the best protection by HDB.

Edited by Rof|maoxz

I am paying the installment loan fully with my CPF OA only, but both myself and my wife is fully covered by HPS. If you want to amend your installment amt, just go to your nearest HDB branch office.

No need to go there, just logon cpf and submit online.

Know why, sometimes, for bank loan goes up & down. Whether repricing or refinance. So monthly installment will be change. Where got time to go office everytime. No need to call lawyer, go office. Just submit online :)

Know why, sometimes, for bank loan goes up & down. Whether repricing or refinance. So monthly installment will be change. Where got time to go office everytime. No need to call lawyer, go office. Just submit online :)

Thanks Warrior, that time I did the transaction was in year 2006. Maybe now has changed? Good to know some of the transactions can be applied thru HDB online.

Thanks Warrior, that time I did the transaction was in year 2006. Maybe now has changed? Good to know some of the transactions can be applied thru HDB online.

Ya, last time, must fill up form and mail to CPF.

Now every 2 years must do bank review for repricing or refinancing, like handphone, every 2 years must got goody bag. CPF will revised your monthly installment plan, subject to bank approval and that you had not exceed the withdrawal limits. Lots are other things can transaction onine now.

Bro, not that simple lah, can do me a "digging task"? CPFB has many forms, 2A,2B......must fill up the correct one (I forgot which number) during the "partial" prepayment, then you can do on-line adjustment. On previous condo filled the "correct" one, so I did on-line adjustment. The present HDB is not so lucky, I think filled up the "wrong" one, cannot access on-line to make adjustment.

Can dig which form for pte & which for hdb, so owner can do on-line?

Oops... you are right,

For pte, bank loan, can go on line

For hdb, hdb loan, can go on line

But for hdb, bank loan,

Logon,

My requests

Property

Request form .... shortcut link

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/D3F5E...217F/0/HBL3.pdf

Check if this is what you want.

This HBL/3 form was the one which I filled up "wrongly", lawyer processed it.......ended up cannot do adjustment on line. Got some more forms not some more, it is a lot of forms until u see stars! I think you heng, got the correct one at first go.

Edited by bepgof

This HBL/3 form was the one which I filled up "wrongly", lawyer processed it.......ended up cannot do adjustment on line. Got some more forms not some more, it is a lot of forms until u see stars! I think you heng, got the correct one at first go.

Q: How do I make a capital repayment or revise the monthly instalment amount if I have taken up a bank loan to pay for my HDB flat?

A: If you have taken up a bank loan and wish to make a capital repayment or revise the monthly instalment amount, you may either:

a) instruct your financier, who has linked up with the Board, to liaise directly with the Board; or

b) submit your application (HBL/3) directly to the Board.

No need to pay lawyer :) I search here and there, still this is the correct one.

Perhaps, you write to Public-housing-bankloan@cpf.gov.sg

hmm..

few yrs back, when i do capital repayment. Bank required a letter from us, sign and indicate the amount and when is the date.

For revise mthly installment amount, I do online at CPF web. No need to inform Bank.

Bank don't care is

$1 + $999

or

$500 + $500

As long as Bank receive $1k , can liao

hmm..

few yrs back, when i do capital repayment. Bank required a letter from us, sign and indicate the amount and when is the date.

For revise mthly installment amount, I do online at CPF web. No need to inform Bank.

Bank don't care is

$1 + $999

or

$500 + $500

As long as Bank receive $1k , can liao

For pte, bank loan, can go online

For hdb, hdb loan, can go online

But for hdb, bank loan, CANNOT go online (mine didn't work) also don't know why

But for revision of installment amount, think must inform bank. CPF not process if Bank disagree.

Oops... you are right,

For pte, bank loan, can go on line

For hdb, hdb loan, can go on line

But for hdb, bank loan,

Logon,

My requests

Property

Request form .... shortcut link

Check if this is what you want.

Ah kong has no scholar to write software to allow bankloan taker to modify amount to be paid to bank? Or encourage hdb owners to borrow money fron ah kong? So ah kong can take their "lumpsumum" in the beginning?

If bankloan takers with variable interest package, and, if interest keep up & down every month, then all these ppl "chiong" to cpf branches to fill up HBL/3 form. ppl siao liao, cpf staff also siao liao. Why like that? Heng my wife clever, dies dies want 1st & 2nd year fixed rate.

No one here face this problem?.

http://a.imageshack.us/img576/1862/picture001g.jpg

If you click the "please click here" will reroute you to fill up HBL/3 form.

Edited by bepgof

Ah kong has no scholar to write software to allow bankloan taker to modify amount to be paid to bank? Or encourage hdb owners to borrow money fron ah kong? So ah kong can take their "lumpsumum" in the beginning?

If bankloan takers with variable interest package, and, if interest keep up & down every month, then all these ppl "chiong" to cpf branches to fill up HBL/3 form. ppl siao liao, cpf staff also siao liao. Why like that? Heng my wife clever, dies dies want 1st & 2nd year fixed rate.

No one here face this problem?.

http://a.imageshack.us/img576/1862/picture001g.jpg

If you click the "please click here" will reroute you to fill up HBL/3 form.

I see. Can I confirm the step?

1. Print out the HBL/3 form

2. Fill up the HBL/3 form

3. Scan the form into a file

4. Attach the file to Email

5. Email the form to Public-housing-bankloan@cpf.gov.sg

Correct?

Today, I call up CPF and speak to a officer regarding HPS and she said HPS fully cover if my wife and myself as a flat owner which both of us brought 100% HPS in CPF and if would anything happen to either 1 of us, the other party will be cover for the full loan instalment.