Home Protection Scheme (hps)

I see. Can I confirm the step?

1. Print out the HBL/3 form

2. Fill up the HBL/3 form

3. Scan the form into a file

4. Attach the file to Email

5. Email the form to Public-housing-bankloan@cpf.gov.sg

Correct?

Today, I call up CPF and speak to a officer regarding HPS and she said HPS fully cover if my wife and myself as a flat owner which both of us brought 100% HPS in CPF and if would anything happen to either 1 of us, the other party will be cover for the full loan instalment.

Oh, We thought you know abt that, thought you just wanna save some money.

I had seen cases of both ppl who bought them. Trust me, I wouldn't want to be on the 0% side.

You call CPF ? Did you ask why for HDB with bank loan why cannot go on line ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh, We thought you know abt that, thought you just wanna save some money.

I had seen cases of both ppl who bought them. Trust me, I wouldn't want to be on the 0% side.

You call CPF ? Did you ask why for HDB with bank loan why cannot go on line ?

CPFB likes to maintain headcount, then got job to do, if not, all eats NW wind or measure the road. Confirmed, can fill up at home, signed, scan & email to them. Take abt 14 days for this "dustbin" form to be effective. On line takes only 14 seconds.

Edited by bepgof

I see. Can I confirm the step?

1. Print out the HBL/3 form

2. Fill up the HBL/3 form

3. Scan the form into a file

4. Attach the file to Email

5. Email the form to Public-housing-bankloan@cpf.gov.sg

Correct?

Today, I call up CPF and speak to a officer regarding HPS and she said HPS fully cover if my wife and myself as a flat owner which both of us brought 100% HPS in CPF and if would anything happen to either 1 of us, the other party will be cover for the full loan instalment.

Correct steps. Tell you my encounter, so others won't repeat the time consuming task.

1. Ensure $ in cpf.

2. called bank to make appointment for lumpsum payment.

3. Quenued & waited long long, officer (face to face) said need to do this at cpf branch.

4. went to cpfb, pressed button get #, waited long long, filled up the HBL/3 form. Office said, form takes abt 14 days to be effective, go home & wait for ack letter.

5. Waited at home long long, received approved letter, waited long long again, bank sent letter said they have received my request & approved and waited for another letter on the revised monthly instalment.

6. The quenuing & waiting game make my wife smarter. She called up cpfb abt the form submission & the revised instalment amount & different % contribution of husband & wife.

7. Dowload form, fill up, sign, scan, email, wait again for ack letter...then approved. Now can take my own sweet time reading newspaper in tiolet.

Edited by bepgof

Hi bepgof,

You are going from clever to brilliant now :)

Just to add on. For revision in AMOUNT, need to get inform bank first, whether capital repayment or revised amt due to fluctuating interest rates. Otherwise, when CPF transation will not go through due to bank rejection.

But for revision of % for each party, like what therat says, bank still get the same.

Don't need to inform.

Correct steps. Tell you my encounter, so others won't repeat the time consuming task.

1. Ensure $ in cpf.

2. called bank to make appointment for lumpsum payment.

3. Quenued & waited long long, officer (face to face) said need to do this at cpf branch.

4. went to cpfb, pressed button get #, waited long long, filled up the HBL/3 form. Office said, form takes abt 14 days to be effective, go home & wait for ack letter.

5. Waited at home long long, received approved letter, waited long long again, bank sent letter said they have received my request & approved and waited for another letter on the revised monthly instalment.

6. The quenuing & waiting game make my wife smarter. She called up cpfb abt the form submission & the revised instalment amount & different % contribution of husband & wife.

7. Dowload form, fill up, sign, scan, email, wait again for ack letter...then approved. Now can take my own sweet time reading newspaper in tiolet.

Now got a e-concierge service, no need download form or whatever. U can sit in toilet longer.

Hi bepgof,

You are going from clever to brilliant now :)

Just to add on. For revision in AMOUNT, need to get inform bank first, whether capital repayment or revised amt due to fluctuating interest rates. Otherwise, when CPF transation will not go through due to bank rejection.

But for revision of % for each party, like what therat says, bank still get the same.

Don't need to inform.

I tot as you did, that was why i gong gong, called them up made appointment, wait long long and the bank office kept saying the package I took was not first handled by her which made my hairs stand up, eventually she siad just go to cpf branch, filled up the form, put the bank name & loan # there, cpfb will inform bank. My package allows me to do partial prepayment for 3 times, without penalty, so long as to maintain os amount >$80K. But , full redemption needs a lawyer to write my intention to inform bank's lawyer, & has to inform bank "3 months in advance". Intended to meet up lawyer this end Sept, but now this Tivoli Grande might change my plan. Still calculating le, my speed very slow....

Edited by bepgof

Now got a e-concierge service, no need download form or whatever. U can sit in toilet longer.

What're the steps?

Edited by bepgof

I tot as you did, that was why i gong gong, called them up made appointment, wait long long and the bank office kept saying the package I took was not first handled by her which made my hairs stand up, eventually she siad just go to cpf branch, filled up the form, put the bank name & loan # there, cpfb will inform bank. My package allows me to do partial prepayment for 3 times, without penalty, so long as to maintain os amount >$80K. But , full redemption needs a lawyer to write my intention to inform bank's lawyer, & has to inform bank "3 months in advance". Intended to meet up lawyer this end Sept, but now this Tivoli Grande might change my plan. Still calculating le, my speed very slow....

Actually, I am still not sure your reasons for redeeming your payment, if you are keen on TG.

Looks like TG incurred some cash. Cash are more liquid. You also can't sell your current apt until

Jan 2013. Not forgetting you had to service both loan.

I use concierge service for credit card once. All hotels were fully booked due to some exhibition.

Can you imagine the concierge calling me back in 5 minutes and that they will proceed to make the reservation for me. And that was the same hotel I call 5 minutes ago.

Think Hotel reserve some slot for these concierge priority services :)

What're the steps?

Login on to CPF then:

1) Left column select "My Requests"

2) select "Other CPF Matters" and click on "Proceed" button

3) select "Submit My e-Concierge request" and click on proceed

4) enter your request and submit

That's all.

I use concierge service for credit card once. All hotels were fully booked due to some exhibition.

Can you imagine the concierge calling me back in 5 minutes and that they will proceed to make the reservation for me. And that was the same hotel I call 5 minutes ago.

Think Hotel reserve some slot for these concierge priority services :)

It the same everywhere, eg like booking for movie tickets.

Actually, I am still not sure your reasons for redeeming your payment, if you are keen on TG.

Looks like TG incurred some cash. Cash are more liquid. You also can't sell your current apt until

Jan 2013. Not forgetting you had to service both loan.

Wow lao, did not read my previous posts. Can sell from 31/12/2010 onwards, but not intended to, reno ~$90k + everyday can see reservoir's water + sea water + little mountains + cars+ mrt train+ ships+aeroplanes+feel the winds. Though 31 yr old already, I "chopped" the unit by paying 5K immediately last Aug. Another 9 more yrs will have limited pool of buyers, intend to pass down to next gen, provided they're filial, yet to see.

Fully redeem 80k is a piece of cake (I'm not hou lian)for me, the worthy considering factor is whether to use cpf or cash. Look like you are in financial trade, liking the marginal % difference very much, true enough, it does make some difference. I'm transparent enought but some time could be as KL as a blk of wood just due to 5 cents difference.

Fully redemption is just to have a peace of mind to sleep well at nights, much better than similing in dream tonight and keep working like cow the next day. I don't believe in investment in good beds, cos everywhere is my bed., so long as i could sleep. Paying cash to HDB which i don't intend to sell meaning "cash stuck"=give cash to next gen. I prefer to "enjoy" the benifits which cash can offer me now, I work like cow for the past 25 yrs (Therat only 19 yrs)already.

The buying of TG (itchyness, ran into tiger, etc is true)is to let her have some peace of mind (so not having dreaming scenes of how I fight with the big tiger), park $ there to earn "interest", interest payout is not immediate but "loyalty" pays via appreciation. I could have just parked the $ to get a pte resale, rent it out, making sure rental > mnth instalment.....after sometimes, sell away. Why I don't do that? No big secret, though I don't quite believe in bazi, but I believed and studied in trend (not "look", therat), especially the "bell shape" theory of statistics. Resales are at peak, plenty room for price to soften, but not for developers to act likewise. Chime la?

Edited by bepgof

Chime le :) But some points I totally agree with you.

By the way, I am no finance ppl. I also know nothing abt Bazi (wish I know)

Just wanna do my part for my next gen and parents. Whats worth millions may worth so

little next time. It's never enough. Just wanna spend more quality time with my family.

Like what you say"Teach them to fish". So its more of social values, character building & education. Met a ex classmates, shake head and tell me, his father just leave him a 3br flat.

I am moving to my next phase of planning for "MYSELF" Just in case, God decide to ground me. And that my Good Class Bungalow in Heaven not TOP yet :)

Login on to CPF then:

1) Left column select "My Requests"

2) select "Other CPF Matters" and click on "Proceed" button

3) select "Submit My e-Concierge request" and click on proceed

4) enter your request and submit

That's all.

Thank you, i'm still a mountain tortise, at least got another channel, no wonder no big crowd chiong to cpfb, or may be the sibor now very steady.

Edited by bepgof

Thank you, i'm still a mountain tortise, at least got another channel, no wonder no big crowd chiong to cpfb, or may be the sibor now very steady.

Actually, this service, still need to fillup form and submit. You use this service, in case you do not know which department to go to. Setup is just like a email format :)