Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cannonsiao

How To Get Rid Of Smell On Clothes?

I also have same problem. The clothing very smelly if I hang indoor to dry. I try top in yellow and see it work or not. GIANT Selling TOP at $6.65

Edited by dean

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I found that the best is still to use solar power from the sun to remove foul smell from thoroughly clean washing.

Just experimented with this and it removes foul smell quite substantially (ie I am quite particular about foul smell) without direct sunlight.

Try hand washing the portion of the clothes that are dirty using soap. After than put the clothes into the washing machine using warm water using. You can use either generous portion of TOP detergent or dynamo. After washing and drying the clothes, iron them thoroughly and then leave it to air. When you keep them into the cabinets, I found that the clothes smell okay.

Cheers!

I found that the best is still to use solar power from the sun to remove foul smell from thoroughly clean washing.

Just experimented with this and it removes foul smell quite substantially (ie I am quite particular about foul smell) without direct sunlight.

Try hand washing the portion of the clothes that are dirty using soap. After than put the clothes into the washing machine using warm water using. You can use either generous portion of TOP detergent or dynamo. After washing and drying the clothes, iron them thoroughly and then leave it to air. When you keep them into the cabinets, I found that the clothes smell okay.

Cheers!

sunning helps. but some clothes, the moment u wear it and start sweating even a tiny bit, the smell returns in force

what about using those WM with simi Ag+ silver ion thing that discharges odor/bacteria-inhibiting capabilities? i saw panasonic's claim to this but unsure if they really work anot...

my new home has no direct sunlight, and kitchen with upper floor neighbours throwing porridge; so we have to do indoor drying too (cos we don't wanna leave them along the corridor. we use UIC (gonna try TOP when we finished UIC :)). it usually takes 2 days to dry. i pushed my mobile laundry rack to the living room on the 2nd day cos that's the only place with better daylight (not SUNlight) and we have a ceiling fan. i tend to add a bit more detergent cos i know what smell you guys are talking about (i experienced it during the second wash in my new home :P). for sweaty/soiled clothes that does not coincide with my laundry days, i wash it by hand and hang out to dry, and then dump it into the washing machine again during the next laundry day.

sunning helps. but some clothes, the moment u wear it and start sweating even a tiny bit, the smell returns in force

Some pple when they perspire, they really stint, regardless of the type of clothes they put on. For body odour, one suggestion is to consider changing the diet, use perfume and keep to cool place constantly.

try using vinegar to mix together with the detergent.. my mum does that for my dad's smelly shirt.. haha.. not sure if it really works cos she hangs it out to dry in the afternoon under the hot sun.. hehe.. u might want to try this.. cos i know vinegar like lemon, is very very useful..

its true that some clothes maybe worn for a long time will smell no matter how u wash or dry it..

try using vinegar to mix together with the detergent.. my mum does that for my dad's smelly shirt.. haha.. not sure if it really works cos she hangs it out to dry in the afternoon under the hot sun.. hehe.. u might want to try this.. cos i know vinegar like lemon, is very very useful..

its true that some clothes maybe worn for a long time will smell no matter how u wash or dry it..

For busy individuals like us nowadays.. suggest that you dont soak your clothes in water unless you really have to. If you want to soak you need to ensure you put some detergent / powder and have it washed by the next day or so.... otherwise would really suggest you dont do that :)

For no direct sunlight attention, you need to choose your detergent carefully as well ie TOPS brand have a line of liquid detergent for indoor airing. However if you do have dry/air your clothes indoor very often, you should not use the normal bamboo ie hanging on bambo. Suggest you get those portable clothese drying rack, which you can buy pretty much everywhere and then place it at a place ie near your window where sunlight can get in when you are not at home..... This will help with the smell issue for sure. Nothing beats sunlight... clothses that are not probably dry will also post potential skin issues in long run :sport-smiley-018:

Hope this helps... :rolleyes:

we dont soak our clothes and just dump into the washer when its time to do laundry. We use TOP detegent (powder). U can try the yellow or super white packaging (Red). Lastly, we dun put our clothes out to enjoy the sunshine. No smell from the clothes.