Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmm

Government's Latest Move To Curb Property Speculation

I'm talking about dragon Lee.

I know.

I refer to

but this round, should be some scholars manipulated the buzzle and reduced the sensitivity

:P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I know.

I refer to

:P

Paiseh, sorry har. Ya, He looks dum dum, look like he needs electric shock instead of buzzle bell.

Edited by bepgof

Good time to sell now coz the price is still high and will probably adjust downwards soon. But not good time to buy now. Should wait till prices fall.

I think the prices will definitely fall as many people are affected by the new drastic measures. :rolleyes:

so is it a good time to sell/buy now?

I know i've just moved but the reno bug is really bad... thinking of moving again!!

Good time to sell now coz the price is still high and will probably adjust downwards soon. But not good time to buy now. Should wait till prices fall.

I think the prices will definitely fall as many people are affected by the new drastic measures. :rolleyes:

I doubt that prices will fall but probably stabilize or the increase in prices will be capped. Don't think it is the government's intention to cause a fall in prices but rather remove excessive speculation from the market and make housing more "affordable".

most people here are owners so we then to hope the price will go up :)

It is kind of weird.

Although the policies seem to lower the prices for hdb resale, I think it is going to drastically cut the supply of HDB resale flat. I mean if you are a HDB owner, would you sell your flat now, knowing that if you buy a new resale, you have 5 years of MOP staring at you before you can upgrade to private. Or worse if you already have a private property, you lose your HDB flat forever.

most people here are owners so we then to hope the price will go up :)

It is kind of weird.

Although the policies seem to lower the prices for hdb resale, I think it is going to drastically cut the supply of HDB resale flat. I mean if you are a HDB owner, would you sell your flat now, knowing that if you buy a new resale, you have 5 years of MOP staring at you before you can upgrade to private. Or worse if you already have a private property, you lose your HDB flat forever.

Believed these measures are meant to get MBT being "voted in" in coming GE, some measures likely to be short-lived. One function of the new rules is to shut opposition candidate-would be's mouth on property price issue.

Everybody knew the houses are under supplied now, and measures aimed to curb BUYING all houses but forced selling some pte resale.

It is now really putting MBT under test.

Edited by bepgof

Those who need flat to stay but can't wait 3 yrs, will still buy resale HDB

Those who need flat to stay but can wait 3 yrs, will left the resale HDB market

Those PR that has oversea property, will left the resale HDB market, will continue rent.

Those PR that has oversea property but didn't declare, will take their chance to buy resale HDB

Those stay @ HDB but cash rich, will still buy private property regardless that 30% deposit

Those stay @ HDB but has fully pay, will still buy private property @ 80% loan

At this point of time, even how much BTO, EC come out. It does not solve present issue. It will only put in service 2-3 yrs later

Those need a flat to stay, still had to buy.

Supplier will only increase 2-3 yrs later but does demand stop in these 2-3 yrs time?

Rental will go up.

With the 80k foreign that they plan to get in.

Do you think the policies will work?

My guess

It might work but not very effective.

basically it create more problem to those PR that is not cash rich

basically this policies is election oriental. To solve citizen who is complaining about the high COV. Specially to those newly wed. Those has voting power.

I will not be surprise , if there will be changes on this policies after the election.

As for the 8k-10k can buy BTO, that is long over due action.

Are you a fan of MBT? Do you think the policies will work?

Many ppls want to poision the "kateh horse" to death, whether before or after the policies. LKY mentioned if MBT can't handle well this issue, and he deserved to be voted out. May be MBT now being put under "spare tyre" list.

The policies are very tought tests as to present's condition: good econ, low borrow cost, ss of home supply. Policies try to "suppress" buying spin, at same time expedite new supply. Policies sure cool the # of transaction down in all segments, but not necessary the price, unless sellers & developers are desperate for cash due to bad econ which is not the case.

It might(likely) has adverse effects of the policies - it "please" home buyers, in particularly 1st time buyers, but "offended" sellers as well as developers. And the price "bouncing effect" is yet to see -- Newton's second law always applies.

Edited by bepgof

Dragon Lee says, give the people an "AFFORDABLE" and "HOME for EVERYONE"

First thing MBT thinks penalized those flipper and those with 2 properties, First timer not affected. For the "AFFORDABLE" we'll have to see if price really come down.

But HDB and dual ownership owners have good holding power. Price go down, the most keep and rent to those PR with pte preperty. Ppl are also not selling as they worried abt the new ruling if they buy again. Those new HDB better speed up to meet the genuine buyers :)

So now it is the war between genuine seller vs buyer :)

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_575215.html

It's strange how people can insist that the market won't be affected by these measures. It's usually the present home owners and property agents? Trying not to cause drastic changes in the pricing? I believe there are owners who are trying to sell their pte properties now in fear of falling prices and at the same time trying to paint an optimistic picture so that the market won't be shaken?

Anyway, the govt said they will introduce more measures if these doesn't work.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_575215.html

It's strange how people can insist that the market won't be affected by these measures. It's usually the present home owners and property agents? Trying not to cause drastic changes in the pricing? I believe there are owners who are trying to sell their pte properties now in fear of falling prices and at the same time trying to paint an optimistic picture so that the market won't be shaken?

Anyway, the govt said they will introduce more measures if these doesn't work.

Nothing strange, those trying to sell now are just taking profits. Only flippers who can't hold need to worry. Why should property agent worry, up or down, they still sell. They only worry when vol drop

as ppl wait and see. If prices drop, buy some more.. What goes down will come up :)

You only have to worry when economy drop or some mother nature thingy.

Ya, govt implement more measures when the wait is too too long. Ppl complain again not enough supply.