Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Specialkid

Tinted Glass Vs Frosted Glass Window

Hi,

I need some feedback on the above types of glass for HDB window.

Any one using frosted glass for their window, may i know what colour you chose?

For frosted glass, less sunlight is able to pass through?

I was going to use tinted glass bec sunlight will come in from my living room and kitchen windows, should i get frosted glass or use Sun-X film instead to block the sun light? I don't want my living room and kitchen to be dark and gloomy.

Is Sun-X film lasting?

Please advice

Lyn

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I need some feedback on the above types of glass for HDB window.

Any one using frosted glass for their window, may i know what colour you chose?

For frosted glass, less sunlight is able to pass through?

I was going to use tinted glass bec sunlight will come in from my living room and kitchen windows, should i get frosted glass or use Sun-X film instead to block the sun light? I don't want my living room and kitchen to be dark and gloomy.

Is Sun-X film lasting?

Please advice

Lyn

depends on yr budget oso. my last house, i got very very bad " xi zhao " into my MBR and kitchen window and i m on the highest floor somemore. as the hse come prefit with windows, i din want to waste it by changing, so my window people paste those films on it. as the window pane is brown, after pasting the film, it looks kinda bluish ( quite nice ) can block out the heat and light intensity but hse do looks darker.. maybe u can try those huperoptik or 3M solar film. there is a group buy for huperoptik in forum. go check it out, maybe can get good deals... strength is power :sport-smiley-003:

depends on yr budget oso. my last house, i got very very bad " xi zhao " into my MBR and kitchen window and i m on the highest floor somemore. as the hse come prefit with windows, i din want to waste it by changing, so my window people paste those films on it. as the window pane is brown, after pasting the film, it looks kinda bluish ( quite nice ) can block out the heat and light intensity but hse do looks darker.. maybe u can try those huperoptik or 3M solar film. there is a group buy for huperoptik in forum. go check it out, maybe can get good deals... strength is power :sport-smiley-003:

Thanks for your prompt reply, can i ask if such film is lasting or need to paste new one after a few years?

Lyn

frosted = u wasted the window coz u can't even look out of it.

tinted = higher cost, of coz will make your rm darker. and there are those which are clear and blocks alot of heat, but those are even more ex.

frosted windows will be good in areas where privacy is required. eg. bathrooms

tinted windows for areas where you would like a view.

If the glass is frosted by sand blasting, HOT Steam will will travel and condense on the glass to fill up gaps in the frost causing the glass to be more transparent. Not much privacy when you take a hot shower then. If you are going to using a frosted laminate, it might work better to keep prying eyes away.