Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
woodydodo

Love Nest In Bishan

After being quite a silent reader in renotalk, except for the active thread in sound system from hubby, i have decided to create a t-blog for our home. We bought a 4A in Bishan and we collected our keys on 23rd July. Since we are not in a hurry to get our flat done, we were slowly sourcing for IDs for 2 months in June & July. The IDs we shortlisted from Renotalk are Summit Design, A&D, CJ Ambience and Plush Living. Due to our wedding preparations and work commitment, we were unable to meet more IDs in that 2 months. But meeting these 4 IDs were enough to get us started on what we wanted for our home.

We settled for Darren from Plush because we find that his quote is reasonable, sincere in doing our business, and we were very comfortable with him. He did not recommend unnecessarily and even helped us save on certain costs.

Ok so here is our floorplan:

FloorPlan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The flat is 18yrs old. We wanted to have a complete overhaul of the kitchen and common bathroom One good thing is, there isn't much built-in except for the kitchen cabinets and the MBR wardrobe. Once owners remove all the furniture, the house is very OK except for the blue kitchen which i do not like, that is why the overhaul for kitchen.

Here are some pictures of the house:

Kitchen:

This blue is originally from HDB. The colour makes the kitchen look very dark.

kitchenold.jpg

Dining area:

diningold.jpg

MBR:

The MBR is very spacious!

MBRold.jpg

MBR Bathroom:

I loved the wall tiles!

MBRbathold.jpg

Our 3D:

Kitchen

We are changing the top cabinets colour to pearly white as the black makes kitchen look dark!

kitchen.jpg

MBR

mbr.jpg

MBR Bathroom

We wanted to keep the existing wall tiles of the bathroom but because it doesn't suit our modern look, we decided to overlay the wall tiles and get this look.

mbrbath.jpg

COmmon Bathroom

We are not doing a vanity top for the common bathroom. Ignore the vanity in this picture.

Love the mosaic!

commonbath.jpg

Thanks yuene! Yes the MBR is really spacious.. Putting a chest of drawers, 2 bedside tables and a queen-size bed does not even make it too cramp. It's like just nice!

Nice, I'm sure Darren will do a super job.

Initially also wanted to get a unit in Bishan but because of the ethnic ratio quota so in the end didnt manage to. Hw much u paid for ur place?

hi gals_mama, we paid 500k+ for our place.. so i see you got a flat in amk instead?

Yes we got a 4 rm @ AMK instead. Bishan too ex and at that time we either dun like the units we saw or ethnic ratio quota problem.

Happy renovating! RT is really a good place to look for gd bargains and advices.

Yes we got a 4 rm @ AMK instead. Bishan too ex and at that time we either dun like the units we saw or ethnic ratio quota problem.

Happy renovating! RT is really a good place to look for gd bargains and advices.

Haha! yes info overload in RT..

i agree, i used to read past midnight when i was getting my reno done. BTW i like ur MBR.

Thanks for your compliments, gals_mama.

I hope that our actual MBR can be as nice as the 3D design. :)

Thanks for your compliments, gals_mama.

I hope that our actual MBR can be as nice as the 3D design. :)

nice 3D drawings and gotta agree that the mbr is really big. :thumbs up:

Hi Ken, our Reno is about low 20k excluding electrical works. Extensive Reno for kitchen and bathrooms and some carpentry for our MBR. Plush quotes are reasonable, rest assured that you will not be overcharged. :) just look for Darren for a talk and see if you like his ideas :)