Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Cov Dropping Does Not Means Price Is Decreasing..

COV is less , just means that the increase in prices is slower.

Only when COV is negative , then prices decreases. Correct me if i am wrong there.

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2B...2-235201/2.html

I find it quite strange why he say that based of past and current trends that price will drop 10-20%.

What are the trends that he is talking about ? Is it when there was a asia-crisis ?

If he say that demand for rental is still strong , then why buy/sell price will drop ?

Since rental is always pegged to purchase price. when rental is good, purchase price increase. When rental is bad, purchase price goes down?

Writer studied/wrote too much, siao already lah. I've seen PHD, Dr walking on the streets, talking to himself and smiling some more le. :D Let nature takes its course, the dust caused by visible hand, still flying around, yet to settle down. If dust set at "wrong" place, the visible hand will sure "stir" the dust again, till all BTO/DBSS/EC are sold.

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yeah more people are looking at the resale market, plus people are placing their lots in the Balance of Sale box instead of BTO box this month.

BTOs released by govt aren't that cheap. The high floor units for 4 room are >300K.

A clear signal that ppl want to possess flat fast. Opportunity cost for 3 years?

In the past, most cycle goes like 1.BTO,2.resale HDB,3.Pte, then 4.Pte+resale HDB.

Wonder what is the trend now ?

In the past, I had never consider resale HDB for my first purchase. Now maybe parents rich liao.

Support children, jump straight to 2. Cos you should be in your forties if you take the traditional route.

First timer also chiong resale HDB... Haiz:(

A clear signal that ppl want to possess flat fast. Opportunity cost for 3 years?

In the past, most cycle goes like 1.BTO,2.resale HDB,3.Pte, then 4.Pte+resale HDB.

In the past, I had never consider resale HDB for my first purchase. Now maybe parents rich liao.

Support children, jump straight to 2. Cos you should be in your forties if you take the traditional route.

I guess it still boils down to location and ammenities on why people chose resale. Also the current new flats from HDB (BTO, DBSS or EC) all will kill the first timers. So if parents are chipping in to help the kids, likely is they would chose the resale route.

Simple rule lah: It is basically age-group dependent (purchasing power). All ppls always want/consider factors like fresh, cheap, big area, good amenity(location), good view.

1. BTO: Fresh, relatively cheaper, big area? good amenity?View?

2. Resale HDB: Fresh?, cheap?, big area-may be, good amenity, View

3. Pte: Fresh, cheap (L99), big area?good amenity? View?

4. Pte + resale HDB - the more the merrier, like the 1943 film.

So, this make analysis simpler and straight forward.

MND/HDB's past decisions made first timers to chiong for hdb resale and pte L99 . In one way or another, the decisions also made the richers one to chiong for hdb resale & pte for good ROI. MHA's policy adds "oil to the fire" of the situation. MND is trying to put off some fire by the visible hand, in the hope to win back some "vote of confidence". But in another way also distroying some dreams.

BTO/DBSS/EC will sort of satisfying majority of the first timers, not PRs or the richer ones. Human nature trends to be more choosy when variety increased which is now the situation. Too less problem, too many also problem.

Edited by bepgof

Simple rule lah: It is basically age-group dependent (purchasing power). All ppls always want/consider factors like fresh, cheap, big area, good amenity(location), good view.

1. BTO: Fresh, relatively cheaper, big area? good amenity?View?

2. Resale HDB: Fresh?, cheap?, big area-may be, good amenity, View

3. Pte: Fresh, cheap (L99), big area?good amenity? View?

4. Pte + resale HDB - the more the merrier, like the 1943 film.

So, this make analysis simpler and straight forward.

MND/HDB's past decisions made first timers to chiong for hdb resale and pte L99 . In one way or another, the decisions also made the richers one to chiong for hdb resale & pte for good ROI. MHA's policy adds "oil to the fire" of the situation. MND is trying to put off some fire by the visible hand, in the hope to win back some "vote of confidence". But in another way also distroying some dreams.

BTO/DBSS/EC will sort of satisfying majority of the first timers, not PRs or the richer ones. Human nature trends to be more choosy when variety increased which is now the situation. Too less problem, too many also problem.

I am a 1st Timer but after 4 times of BTO, we kinda give up. Initially the plan was to purchase a small 3 room while we wait for the BTO.

However the new rule made us have no choice but to get resale straight.

I am a 1st Timer but after 4 times of BTO, we kinda give up. Initially the plan was to purchase a small 3 room while we wait for the BTO.

Reasonsssss to give up BTO?

Edited by bepgof

My hubby and I "cheong" resale HDB because renting a room for 4 years will cost us 28K. :( Our BTO takes 4 years to complete, including paperwork of 1 year before HDB starts construction. It's not possible to stay with our inlaws because my hubby's sister chased us out.

For my friends who bought resale HDB as first purchase, their reason is to have a baby soon because the wives are in 30s.

Edited by forgotten

Reasonsssss to give up BTO?

I think it's because their BTO will complete in 4 years (projected completion date) and resale HDB's MOP is 5 years. Their BTO flat's keys will come before they can fulfill their resale HDB's MOP.

Edited by forgotten

That's the problem many 1st timers face... my frens have been placing ballots in all BTO/Sales for Balance Flat since almost 4 yrs ago. now they are already married for 2.5 yrs and still balloting.

the reason to go for new flats is becos they are not cash rich to pay the COVs. now, the cumulative rent they have paid is already more than the average COV.

that's why 1st timer chiong resale also... ;)

My hubby and I "cheong" resale HDB because renting a room for 4 years will cost us 28K. :( Our BTO takes 4 years to complete, including paperwork of 1 year before HDB starts construction. It's not possible to stay with our inlaws because my hubby's sister chased us out.

For my friends who bought resale HDB as first purchase, their reason is to have a baby soon because the wives are in 30s.

I chiong for hdb resale because:

1. Son, daughter complain rooms "too small" only 1270 sqf, balcony/aircon hedge "ate" away lot of space.

2. Mil/daught share one room, at night dau want to do homework, ah mah wants to sleep.

3. mnthly maint = $380, members hardly use facilities, lift alway spoilt, neighbour commented: worse than cargo lift, wife complain "useless", "hopeless" & "not worth".

4. As father & husband need find some "solutions" to their complaints.

5. The complainants have requests: near mrt, no evening sun, good view, big enough for dau's study.

6. Chiong pt blk, high floor, near mrt. Heng heng found one, paid $5k immediately on the spot during viewing.

Edited by bepgof

Oh... so I see. My time flat built liao, then we choose, but waiting time also very long.

Maybe HDB built rental HDB for cases like yours, "BTO QUERs" at affordable cost.

OR for dinobros case. Resale FIRST timer, MOP=2.5 years if buy BTO.

Will surely win a lot of vote for the next GE :)

I traditional man, buy New Flats, bank account=$0, stay with Parents first. Even reno must loan. Money all spend on wedding and honeymoon. After loan complete, spend on maid and baby. Then...slowly can buy car... Haiz..those were the days.

Later part, chiong resale HDB, cos children school locality. Where got time everytime pickup at 3~4 pm. School bus dun service. Book taxi also dangerous. Haiz.. who ask my wife must go to branded school.

Now kena stuck with the resale, like travelling on the highway, exit for U turn so far away.

Edited by Warrior88

I chiong for hdb resale because:

1. Son, daughter complain rooms "too small" only 1270 sqf, balcony/aircon hedge "ate" away lot of space.

2. Mil/daught share one room, at night dau want to do homework, ah mah wants to sleep.

3. mnthly maint = $380, members hardly use facilities, lift alway spoilt, neighbour commented: worse than cargo lift, wife complain "useless", "hopeless" & "not worth".

4. As father & husband need find some "solutions" to their complaints.

5. The complainants have requests: near mrt, no evening sun, good view, big enough for dau's study.

6. Chiong pt blk, high floor, near mrt. Heng heng found one, paid $5k immediately on the spot during viewing.

Only resale HDB can meet your complainants' requirements hehe. The BTO units are hardly near MRT stations and have smaller floor area.

Oh... so I see. My time flat built liao, then we choose, but waiting time also very long.

Maybe HDB built rental HDB for cases like yours, "BTO QUERs" at affordable cost.

OR for dinobros case. Resale FIRST timer, MOP=2.5 years if buy BTO.

Will surely win a lot of vote for the next GE :)

My "aiming" skill all this while quite accurate. Even before official ROM, we gave $10 as registeristion "to ask for a 5 rm" flat in bedok north, actually new blks were building half-way (don't know that time why so less "competitors") We kena within less than a year to choose a unit among many le (bedok south, kakit bukit, chai chee...)I was at 28, wife 23. Abt a year later (from registration) we got the key in Sept 1992! 123m sq, #13 @ $124.4K . Held customary marriage 13/3/1993 (Sat)! :D

Edited by bepgof

Btw many landlords are increasing the rents of units after the new property measures. I read some complaints on expat forum etc.

Edited by forgotten