Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Cov Dropping Does Not Means Price Is Decreasing..

My "aiming" skill all this while quite accurate. Even before official ROM, we gave $10 as registeristion "to ask for a 5 rm" flat in bedok north, actually new blks were building half-way (don't know that time why so less "competitors") We kena within less than a year to choose a unit among many le (bedok south, kakit bukit, chai chee...)I was at 28, wife 23. Abt a year later (from registration) we got the key in Sept 1992! 123m sq, #13 @ $124.4K . Held customary marriage 13/3/1993 (Sat)! :D

Wah, your customary date swee le. No wonder, stay so long...haha

Oh yes, I remember those times, go HDB many times to cancel cos keep changing girl friend.

HDB office in Bukit Merah is like my parting ground :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I traditional man, buy New Flats, bank account=$0, stay with Parents first. Even reno must loan. Money all spend on wedding and honeymoon. After loan complete, spend on maid and baby. Then...slowly can buy car... Haiz..those were the days.

Later part, chiong resale HDB, cos children school locality. Where got time everytime pickup at 3~4 pm. School bus dun service. Book taxi also dangerous. Haiz.. who ask my wife must go to branded school.

Now kena stuck with the resale, like travelling on the highway, exit for U turn so far away.

Some similarity to me. Before rom, wife stay rented flat, once reno completed she/sister/mil moved in, I haven't till customary marrige. reno $ borrow from mil's mother's coffin $. By practising biting bullets and tightening belt :sport-smiley-003: , within a year cleared the "unofficial"reno loan of $18K. Full redeemption of flat within 6 yrs! Tokong hor! 2 children all born there then buy car...stayed within 1km of branded school still kena need to ballot and this time not so lucky, OUT ! By demonstarting of all sorts of skills in full swing after that, finally IN , on 24th Dec - principal called & joked to me: "give you a christmas present" - told son must give back school some presents. He's done that. :notti:

Edited by bepgof

Full redeemption of flat within 6 yrs! Tokong hor!

on 24th Dec - principal called & joked to me: "give you a christmas present" - told son must give back school some presents. He's done that. :notti:

Within 6 years. Quite an achievement :rolleyes:

Wonder whether this generation can do that ?

You undertable donations to school ah ?

$0 involved. I applied these strategies: 贵人& 朝中有人好办事

Edited by bepgof

LOL was thinking about the same... when BTO is costing ~300k for 4 room, quite hard to redeem in 6 yrs with < 8k combined income :P

Just an update: Since start of 2010, HDB has offered 12,876 flats. The latest was 31/8/10: 3032 flats.

16,000-12876=3124 to go. But I thought MBT says some will be in mature estates?

Guess ppl are waiting for those. Easily 10 times oversubscribe :)

I traditional man, buy New Flats, bank account=$0, stay with Parents first. Even reno must loan. Money all spend on wedding and honeymoon. After loan complete, spend on maid and baby. Then...slowly can buy car... Haiz..those were the days.

Later part, chiong resale HDB, cos children school locality. Where got time everytime pickup at 3~4 pm. School bus dun service. Book taxi also dangerous. Haiz.. who ask my wife must go to branded school.

Now kena stuck with the resale, like travelling on the highway, exit for U turn so far away.

Similar story.. but now i am moving on to property #2. Got a WIS flat. Take the 5 yrs to buy car , marry , have children. Now moving because of the kids.

Btw many landlords are increasing the rents of units after the new property measures. I read some complaints on expat forum etc.

Then, they will re-consider buying a unit even if they need to sell/transfer their home unit because of the increasing rent. Then they will realise that can appeal to government buy producing some document that proof the intention to sell their hometown property.

Aniway, COV will moderate for a while cos' there some resale-hdb seller are caught by the new measure where the buyer backout, afterall, deposit is only $5k. They on the other hand may have committed at least 1% i.e. 30-100k in their condo purchase. So there will be some fire-sale of hdb.

Similar story.. but now i am moving on to property #2. Got a WIS flat. Take the 5 yrs to buy car , marry , have children. Now moving because of the kids.

My hubby:

Buy car, Buy gf, Buy wife, Rent room, Buy flat...

He should have bought flat first because property price appreciates faster than the rest haiz.

Woh lau, UIC building at 5 shentonway will be developed into mixed development project with 60% residential, 40% commercial. DC estimated to be $160.1 mil. Comparable residential unit near by transacted above $2,000psf :jawdrop:

Some developers will push forward the launch of property: over next 2 months, Twin Peaks, Esparina Residences(EC), Canopy(EC). Unreliable source said a plot of land at bedok reservoir already allocated for DBSS.

Edited by bepgof

Some developers will push forward the launch of property: over next 2 months, Twin Peaks, Esparina Residences(EC), Canopy(EC). Unreliable source said a plot of land at bedok reservoir already allocated for DBSS.

If I remember correctly, it is the plot of land next to Bedok West & Damai Pri Schs, very near the proposed MRT station too. Not bad a location since Sheng Siong, Fairprice & other shops are diagonally across the road.

If I remember correctly, it is the plot of land next to Bedok West & Damai Pri Schs, very near the proposed MRT station too. Not bad a location since Sheng Siong, Fairprice & other shops are diagonally across the road.

It should be at the junction of bedok north rd & bedok reservoir rd, or next to kaki bukit centre (prison school). This Capitaland Residential Singapore and Capitalmalls Asia also got the tender bis at bedok town centre @ $788.9mil, 21% higher than the 2nd highest bid. Te mix-development will have apartment of appro 500 for over $1,000ppr ! Expected TOP in 2014. :jawdrop:

Edited by bepgof

It should be at the junction of bedok north rd & bedok reservoir rd, or next to kaki bukit centre (prison school). This Capitaland Residential Singapore and Capitalmalls Asia also got the tender bis at bedok town centre @ $788.9mil, 21% higher than the 2nd highest bid. Te mix-development will have apartment of appro 500 for over $1,000ppr ! Expected TOP in 2014. :jawdrop:

Yup, the new Bedok Interchange should be up & ready in 2015. Bedok Point should be opened next month, a long overdue shopping mall for Bedok, can't wait! DBSS at Bedok Reservoir is at Bedok Reservoir Crescent, i.e. next to Bedok West & Daimai Pri Schs, see below link:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/...H1?OpenDocument

Yup, the new Bedok Interchange should be up & ready in 2015. Bedok Point should be opened next month, a long overdue shopping mall for Bedok, can't wait! DBSS at Bedok Reservoir is at Bedok Reservoir Crescent, i.e. next to Bedok West & Daimai Pri Schs, see below link:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/...H1?OpenDocument

The Bedok Bus Interchange will receive a facelift in the fourth quarter of next year. The bus interchange, together with a piece of land next to it, will be transformed and incorporated into a 13-storey RESIDENTIAL cum commercial building.

selling price of the residential units to average around S$1,100 per square foot (psf) or more, while the retail rent will likely range between S$15 and S$27 psf per month.

Edited by Warrior88

My hubby:

Buy car, Buy gf, Buy wife, Rent room, Buy flat...

He should have bought flat first because property price appreciates faster than the rest haiz.

Ya lor, you also agree right? buy wife sure depreciate one. some more now woman charter very strong.

Haiz..