Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Are you at all concerned that the artificial grass and pebbles will trap a lot of dirt and also water if it rains which may lead to mould etc.? How's the drainage in the balcony as artificial turf usually is laid on a well draining bed.

There are plastic drainage cells installed underneath the artificial grass, so there should be no problems with the drainage (that's what the grass guy told me). I don't think we'll get dirt though, only dust. Nothing a regular vacuuming can't solve I suppose. Anyway I can easily remove bits of the artificial turf because not all the sides are glued down.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In other news, the balcony's done!

5366501792_286e5af0de.jpg5365886685_bd7de3e613.jpg

You'd be surprised that the little strip contains 40KG of pebbles. I only bought 2 bags (10KG each) at first and had to buy 2 more... lucky the nursery nearby sells it. I think I still need 1 more bag, but that can be done some other day.

1 word...SWEE!!! i never thought of putting grass on balcony...if i have a balcony for my next place, i'm gg to do the same man...

You'd be surprised that the little strip contains 40KG of pebbles. I only bought 2 bags (10KG each) at first and had to buy 2 more... lucky the nursery nearby sells it. I think I still need 1 more bag, but that can be done some other day.

Nice! Where did you buy the grass & pebbles from? I'm also planning a garden concept for the balcony :P

Thanks everyone for the tips about the WM! I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Dryers don't spin as quickly as washing machines, so they are less susceptible to moving around and (potentially) falling off the table. Nonetheless, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Have discussed this issue with the family and have decided to secure the washing machine to the wall with a metal chain. Will need to drill the back of the WM to secure the metal chains. And then we will add some foam under legs to absorb the vibrations.

Beautiful sky garden!! Can enjoy hot coffee at such a cool place, how wonderful! :)

Beautiful sky garden!! Can enjoy hot coffee at such a cool place, how wonderful! :)

wow. Have to admit I was a little skeptical when you first said you were going to lay the artificial turf. But looking at it, now that's been laid, it's beautiful.

Thanks everyone. I'm surprised how good the grass looks. I welcome anyone with a balcony to do the same. It costs less than timber decking and also looks better (I think).

@lazybum9, you don't need to do it specifically on the balcony. You can do it anywhere really. Indoors even. Just use your creativity!

@ryce, the pebbles you can buy from any nursery (those that sell plants).

As for the grass, you can call Mr Wong.

5367537194_4a4e2c626f_z.jpg

Edited by january

Thanks everyone. I'm surprised how good the grass looks. I welcome anyone with a balcony to do the same. It costs less than timber decking and also looks better (I think).

@lazybum9, you don't need to do it specifically on the balcony. You can do it anywhere really. Indoors even. Just use your creativity!

Thanks, january! :D

u're right...if really not trapping water, i can consider to put on bay window in my mbr toilet...but need to convince missus first...

What's the cost psf?

u're right...if really not trapping water, i can consider to put on bay window in my mbr toilet...but need to convince missus first...

You don't need the drainage cells if you're putting it indoors.

What's the cost psf?

About $10psf, depending on the grade.

Edited by january

very pretty!

hahaha dunno why i keep thinking that it will be a great place for some golf putting practices :lol:

very pretty!

hahaha dunno why i keep thinking that it will be a great place for some golf putting practices :lol:

coz it looks like the green!

really great idea, feel so refreshing ...

Looks really real indeed!