Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Webbit

Glp Initial Public Offering

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone

I'm waiting fervently for GLP's (Global Logistics Properties) initial public offering to be listed. Any news anyone?

- $1.96 per share, par value at $1.50

- Only 102,000,000 offered to public

- Can apply yesterday since 6pm

- Start trading on 18 Oct 2010

Chiong Ah.

I think MBT is the most happy to see this. Image 102,000,000 x 1.96 = $199.92mil will be "sucked" away from the liquidity market, ppl become less "powerful" to buy house. Say 1 house = 1mil. This IPO "sucks" away 200 houses at one go.

More IPO to come. Now is the right moment to "dig" investors' pockets. Believed more companies will join in to issue those right issues.

Edited by bepgof

I just put in a bid for 3 lots! I know the likelihood of actually getting it is low, nonetheless no harm trying right?

Can I ask a stoopid question, what is "par value"? :P

I just put in a bid for 3 lots! I know the likelihood of actually getting it is low, nonetheless no harm trying right?

Can I ask a stoopid question, what is "par value"? :P

Par value = face value=historical value=book value. Finance industry has too creative talents who like to throw smoke to make personal gains. Insurance/property/law also the same.

This is the "base" or "reference" when say if company winds up, it pays you based on this value, irreguless its market value may be at $10/per share. Dividend, when expressed in term of %, always use this "par value" as the denominator, say dividend =10%, meaning 1.5x0.01 =$0.15 per share.

$1.96 is the "market value". Personally, I expect it to be traded on first day between $2.06 to $2.20. Those "underwriters" are advisors(fin instititions)behind the scene studying the "mood" of mkt and say "go" or "wait".

Mkt is now flooded with $ and interest is low, property is uncertain and needs time, likely most will chiong for these IPOs. I've applied for 10 lots. No moneys liao.

Edited by bepgof

how abt Mapletree industrial trust.. I think is 93 cents.

worth invest?

Mapletree = previous JTC, is a REIT who own commerial, industrial, shopping...properties. The returns of reits are quite high, but, now office/industrial rental is like hotcake. These properties prices chiong at > 3%qoq (quarter to quarter). I think (if remember correct) Singapore is the 5th "most expensive" office rental glabally. Bopiah, a global city is like that. There's an article (whole page)in today's ST feacturing singapore as global city by an angmok, I agar agar "scan" half way then go office for work, worth to read to know your (our) position. And likely what will happen next. Go back must read again.

Chiong for MIT.

Be reminded the currency war is in the brewing. Everybodies want their domestic interest as low as possible (less attrictive to foreign investors to "invest") but don't understand this stupid Brazil gov still keep dosmetic at around 10.7%.

By the look of it, the cpf interest(OA), presently @2.5%, gov bo tahan liao.

Edited by bepgof

i think this time round the MIT consist of only industrial properties, no commercial...

think price will chiong up also, i have also participated in the lucky draw. :)

next up in the later part of 2011 would be the mapletree properties - vivo city and mapletree business park.

i think this time round the MIT consist of only industrial properties, no commercial...

think price will chiong up also, i have also participated in the lucky draw. :)

next up in the later part of 2011 would be the mapletree properties - vivo city and mapletree business park.

We are the tenant of Maple, just briefly talk to the staff there, employees are given priority lots to buy.

No need to tikam tikam.

We are the tenant of Maple, just briefly talk to the staff there, employees are given priority lots to buy.

No need to tikam tikam.

that's the perk of working in these MNCs...

like Capitaland - they successfully bid the condo at the new Bedok Interchange.

Employees will have priorities/discounts when buying units at the condo

that's the perk of working in these MNCs...

like Capitaland - they successfully bid the condo at the new Bedok Interchange.

Employees will have priorities/discounts when buying units at the condo

That plot is very good location except super noisy

right Bus Interchange

front MRT track

Left Cross junction

behind, in and out of the bus + only road to the car park behind

right Bus Interchange

front MRT track

Left Cross junction

same as the one opposite Simei Eastpoint - opposite MRT station, right in between schools & MRT tracks,

facing the busy main road & a bus-stop, and there's a cross-junction...

I really wonder how the developer's going to solve the main gate problem

to buy a unit there, one really has to rent it out - if not one will go nuts with all the noise!!!

to buy a unit there, one really has to rent it out - if not one will go nuts with all the noise!!!

agree.

Will siao :bow:

That time, I stay near to a T-junction. 100 meter away has a bus stop. facing a 2 lane road.

My husband tong for 2 yrs until he cannot tanhan.

right Bus Interchange

front MRT track

Left Cross junction

When I was first there, the "bus interchange" was then in the brewing, "roads" became muddy when rain.

I regard the present interchange a complete failure -same as Bishan's present's - walking is faster than taking feeder bus, timing system + many turns & many traffic light. Abt to ramp then light changes to amber. Took feeder bus made my bp shoot high. Make one big round to "go in", another big round to "come out" - vomit blood!

- hawker centre's 20yr lease is due soon.

- will have multi-storey cp.

- TPY's aircon bus interchange is facing "black smoke retention" problem, hope the rest learnt & improve

- Noise sure >65db, measure 1 meter away. Sure vehicles congestion, unless have underpass and overheadbridge(for vehicle).Have previously fedback to Chng HK(stepped down liao, daughter break bond, sigh!)Also to Lee YS & Raymond Lim. Should ask the 2 gentlemen come and take the feeder bus.