Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chandru009

How To Make A Tiny House Look Bigger?

I just bought a house...a tiny house. Its a 2 story 2 bedroom, but its only 900 sq. feet. Since the living room is really small, what color should I paint it to make it look bigger? About 6 months ago I bought a beautiful chocolate leather soft, loveseat, and chair set. But they are a little big. So other than paint, what can I do to maximize space in a small living room. I am thinking of hanging my flat screen on the wall (but its only 32 inches).

Naturally the other rooms are small too. Like the kitchen?

digital radiography|DR Imaging

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just bought a house...a tiny house. Its a 2 story 2 bedroom, but its only 900 sq. feet. Since the living room is really small, what color should I paint it to make it look bigger? About 6 months ago I bought a beautiful chocolate leather soft, loveseat, and chair set. But they are a little big. So other than paint, what can I do to maximize space in a small living room. I am thinking of hanging my flat screen on the wall (but its only 32 inches).

Naturally the other rooms are small too. Like the kitchen?

digital radiography|DR Imaging

Wrong forum by the looks of it.

If Fengshui or geomency is not an issue, you could paint your living room a light ivory, which is very popular becox it makes spaces look larger & it is also a contemporary colour used commonly by many home owners. The next option is white, that's if you wouldn't find it boring.

But chocolate would go with ivory. If you want more ideas, you might want to consult the customer service personnel at Nippon Paint. I've received very good service & ideas from them over the phone & through catelogue.

And do not have ur rooms clattered with furnitures where possible. Since ur sofa is a chocolate brown, u might have to go for white furnitures or a very light sand-coloured furnitures (should go well with ur choco sofa set).

Also, make sure that the colour of ur floring is light-coloured. And to choose good quality floor tiles with high gloss (high shine; u'll not regret it after 20 years).

If u've got a designer, it'll be ideal to consult him/her who might be in the best position to recommend based on ur requirements.

Good luck!

Edited by edenstrauss

well, nothing to do with fengshui for me, but i ran my curtains from the ceiling and it immediately made the ceilings seem higher and the rooms seem more airy.

Edited by random_username

Sorry har, steal the "wrongly-posted" thread:

To be just "looked bigger"? Don't want tips to "save space" ar? Actually none of the 2 can exist alone:

"Bigger"/"save space" tips:

1. Flat mirrors, convex mirrors on the walls, floor and ceiling, wear covex len also can, everything "looked" bigger instantly, like fish's eye.

2. No "hanging" stuff from middle of ceiling, eg lights/ceiling fan. Downlight/cove lights are ok.

3. Empty space is = big. So fixtures don't "block here & there" - coffer table is "expensive" here.

4. Adopt "flip & keep after usage" & multi-purpose fixtures - eg wall bed, wall dinning table, sofa-cum-bed...... Use and throw is the best.

5. Light color=bright=reflect light of objects. Make mood easier to be cheered up.

6. Dark color = absorb light from surrounding, feel "compressed & conjested", feel like to be alone=don't want to interact with ppls.

Above can't learn from school. Practice makes perfect.

Edited by bepgof