Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellicious

Appeal To Hdb

Hi All,

Anyone of you have appealed to HDB before with regards to similar case like mine? I sold off my matrimonial flat 2 months ago due to divorce. As we took a CPF Grant of 40k for Living Near Parents during the purchase, we have to appeal to the HDB Branch Office to allow us to sell the flat before the MOP of 5 years.

Then, during the approval of the waiver of MOP, no one informed us that in future, we cannot purchase another flat outside of Ang Mo Kio as we are still tied to the CPF grant's T&C. Even the approval letter they sent us, there is no indication on this clause at all. During the sale of the flat, the Officer in charge also did not mention anything. Just telling us about the 15k resale levy.

Now, I just submitted a purchase for a flat outside of Ang Mo Kio precint, HDB called and told me I cannot buy a flat outside of this neighbourhood or more than 2km from my previous flat due to the CPF grant T&C. I find this ridiculous, as I wasn't informed at all and it's so last minute. I already paid the 5k deposit to the seller and signed the OTP. HDB asked me to write in to appeal to be allowed to buy outside of Ang Mo Kio and this will take 2-3 weeks!

I do not know if the seller is willing to wait and if HDB rejects my appeal, am i going to forfeit my deposit of 5k?

Just wondering anyone here shared same experience like this before? Care to share your story?

TIA~

i don think in anycase you should return the 20k or rather 40k cpf grant as you are already deprive of buying a new house. if you buy the new house then i fully agree that you must cough out the 20k or even 40k or rather should proceed the standard levy against you. however the rule that say you are not allow to buy around the neighbourhood or more than 2km is really nosense from them. like one of the advice given here. keep calling them and even go down and look for the hdb officer who will be handling the 1st appointment for the house. appeal is really needed in this case....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Jgal,

How much we earn every month of cause we know and we are very firm n sure we nvr hit the 8k. Actually amount over is by a few dollars due to my wife last year pay cut and sometime during june company doing well and pay her back a few grand for that. On average we don't earn that much. Anyway, appeal letter went thru ..thks for all the help pals..

in this case, the HDB officer misunderstood your wife's pay... cos the one-time pay out by the company should be considered as "bonus" and should not count towards the combined income calculation... quite similar to my case last time :(

in this case, the HDB officer misunderstood your wife's pay... cos the one-time pay out by the company should be considered as "bonus" and should not count towards the combined income calculation... quite similar to my case last time :(

glad its all over and good now.. looking forward to building the dream house.. :)

Hi all, I have similar case too.

Diposed my matrimonial 5 room flat. I got re-married and applied and got a new 4 room flat direct from HDB.

I was aware that I have to pay half of the levy which is $22,500 :bangwall:.

I had a choice to 'escape' this levy but only if upgrade which means if I purchase EC, DBSS or private condo lah!

I'm sure everyone knows the extreme prices for DBSS, EC and condos during this few years!

I cannot afford to choose to escape paying $22,500 and loan for $500K and above!!

Neither can I afford to buy resale from open market due to the super high COV which definetly cost more than the levy!

So my only option is to apply directly from HDB.

My huband and I had start saving since the day we exercise option to purchase. But along the way, we spent quite a few thousands on series of medical check due to infertiliy problems!

Unfortunately, I was dignosed with endometrosis and block fallopian tubes and the only way I can conceive is to undergo laproscopic surgery followed by IVF *sob sob* that was reli devastating for us :(

My flat was ready for key collection but I wasnt able to pay up the levy so no keys for me :bangwall:

I wrote an email to MP (duno can mention here or not, so better not) to appeal to waive off my resale levy.

after one month, I finally received a rejection reply from HDB after several chasers to different authorities lah...

Gave me the standard reasons...

1) The objective of the resale levy is to prevent the over-consumption of subsidies for public housing. It reduces the housing subsidy enjoyed by those buying their second subsidized flats from HDB. This is to ensure a fair allocation of subsidies between them and first-timer families, who have more pressing housing needs. Therefore, the resale levy is not linked to the profit or loss arising from the sale of your first subsidized 5-room flat at xxxxx

2) Flat owners are informed when they are selling their first subsidized flats that they need to pay resale levy if they buy a second subsidized flat from HDB. They will have to take this into consideration before they decide whether to proceed with their purchase of a new flat.

I swear I was fully aware but I really feel discriminated being a divorcee!

My husband first marriage, first timer for HDB flat but will not be able to receive any subsidise from HDB cos he marry a divorcee??

I would agree for some cases, some couples really buy and sell for profit making, but for pple like u and me here, we failed our first marriage! We didnt sell or give up the first flat for profit making!

We have already been 'penalized' for not able to get loan from HDB, have to loan from private banks! and gota pay 5% CASH during signing option!

If I have enuf cash, i seriously would have paid up and get my keys to get my roof!

well... so much of gahment claiming no one will be left out...and everyone can afford a house in Spore! :good:

In my appeal letter, I told MP I need the balance of my saving to under go the surgery... but well well... they reli didnt care...they complained abt low baby rates...here I wanted baby but cant afford! do they wana help? guess the answer is obvious...

I hope u guys share my feels here..

Guess I LL gota go take up bank loans to pay up the levy in order to have a roof above my head!

and drown myself with DEBTS!

Baby rate low, well guess 'they' have opt to 'bring in' more heads so ...haiz...

Bad timing.... election over.

keep trying and good luck.

Guess I LL gota go take up bank loans to pay up the levy in order to have a roof above my head!

and drown myself with DEBTS!

Baby rate low, well guess 'they' have opt to 'bring in' more heads so ...haiz...

Hi All,

Not sure if this thread is still alive.

Was reading through and understand that some of you have managed to appeal to dispose your BTO before MOP (during separation, pending divorce).

May I know who to appeal to and how should I go about doing it?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

Hi,can i ask if anyone who have applied BTO Flats but end up have to pay by cash due to not enough cpf.Ive already appeal twice to MP Mr.Zaqy Mohammad about giving me a Additional Housing Grant but HDB doesnt approved as ive applied grant before.My husband is the first timer.We also have 4 children .Two of my daughters is a teenager grown up.Definitely they need their own room.I am staying at my parents house and its very cramp for our family.No space for their studies area.

Any idea what should i do next?Any advise.

Do p.m me if you need assistance 

Disclaimer clause applied 
Terms and conditions apply

Property Agent from singapore 
L3 00 92 50K • R0 57 8 10C / Orangetee / Xu zhen feng
Handphone whatsapp text 8279 8327