Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellicious

Appeal To Hdb

Hi All,

Anyone of you have appealed to HDB before with regards to similar case like mine? I sold off my matrimonial flat 2 months ago due to divorce. As we took a CPF Grant of 40k for Living Near Parents during the purchase, we have to appeal to the HDB Branch Office to allow us to sell the flat before the MOP of 5 years.

Then, during the approval of the waiver of MOP, no one informed us that in future, we cannot purchase another flat outside of Ang Mo Kio as we are still tied to the CPF grant's T&C. Even the approval letter they sent us, there is no indication on this clause at all. During the sale of the flat, the Officer in charge also did not mention anything. Just telling us about the 15k resale levy.

Now, I just submitted a purchase for a flat outside of Ang Mo Kio precint, HDB called and told me I cannot buy a flat outside of this neighbourhood or more than 2km from my previous flat due to the CPF grant T&C. I find this ridiculous, as I wasn't informed at all and it's so last minute. I already paid the 5k deposit to the seller and signed the OTP. HDB asked me to write in to appeal to be allowed to buy outside of Ang Mo Kio and this will take 2-3 weeks!

I do not know if the seller is willing to wait and if HDB rejects my appeal, am i going to forfeit my deposit of 5k?

Just wondering anyone here shared same experience like this before? Care to share your story?

TIA~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U had appealed, now just have to wait patiently for the reply from HDB. However, u probably do not have enough time cos your seller can get really impatient. Keep calling HDB, it may help.

Another thing, have u tot of returning the 40k CPF grant, it may just solved your problem.

Edited by chronograph

ehh...u can try the "calling HDB daily" method, but i dun think it'll help. cos for appeal cases, HDB has a committee tt sits once every month to look at all the appeal cases, regardless of the nature of the appeal. so if ur appeal was received just aft the last meeting, then u'll end up waiting for almost a whole month before the result is out. Not to mention the time taken for their letter to reach u, informing u of their decision wif regards to ur appeal.

actually, wat u guys shld hv done was to apply to "surrender" the flat to HDB together with the return of the CPF grant, instead of selling it in the open market, making a profit, paying the resale levy, and now stuck wif the restrictions of the grant in regards to your next flat purchase. if u had surrendered instead of selling it, hdb wld buy it back frm u at the price u paid for it. so u only "lost" the money u spent on ur renovations and the monthly CPF deductions. take it as paying rental to HDB lor.

i went thru the same thing years ago. had to dispose of matrimonial flat before satisfying MOP. we didnt appeal to sell. we just asked HDB wat was the best way forward, and was told to apply to surrender flat back to HDB instead of selling on the open market. the only restriction placed on us was that either of us could not apply to purchase a new flat direct frm HDB for a period of 10 years. we can only buy resale. i felt it wasn't a big deal. compared to ur situation, at least i can choose frm the whole island, instead of stuck at one estate.

ok, anyway, wat's done is done. i suppose u can only nego wif ur seller to extend, and in the meantime, try ur luck rushing the HDB, and pray for the best.

sorry juz curious did u have an agent represent u? seriously if u have he forgotten his homework which might cost u dearly.

Hi Salavanun,

Yes I have an agent representing me, but mine is special case so I guess he's also taken by surprise with this obstacle now.. he also told me there is no such rule. Coz it's really ridiculous to make me buy near my ex parents in law now that my marriage is already dissolved. That time we purchased the flat, was near to my ex's parents and not mine, you see.

U had appealed, now just have to wait patiently for the reply from HDB. However, u probably do not have enough time cos your seller can get really impatient. Keep calling HDB, it may help.

Another thing, have u tot of returning the 40k CPF grant, it may just solved your problem.

Hi Chronograph,

I did think of this last resort to return the 20k grant with interest back to HDB. However, I don't feel justified because I didnt know there is such a rule prior to my purchase. Even during the approval of the waiver of MOP, the letter didn't state anything about this. So I think it's very unfair to just assume that I should know this clause, I read through the whole HDB website again and again and I did not find anything on this as well. I think it's totally ridiculous.

ehh...u can try the "calling HDB daily" method, but i dun think it'll help. cos for appeal cases, HDB has a committee tt sits once every month to look at all the appeal cases, regardless of the nature of the appeal. so if ur appeal was received just aft the last meeting, then u'll end up waiting for almost a whole month before the result is out. Not to mention the time taken for their letter to reach u, informing u of their decision wif regards to ur appeal.

actually, wat u guys shld hv done was to apply to "surrender" the flat to HDB together with the return of the CPF grant, instead of selling it in the open market, making a profit, paying the resale levy, and now stuck wif the restrictions of the grant in regards to your next flat purchase. if u had surrendered instead of selling it, hdb wld buy it back frm u at the price u paid for it. so u only "lost" the money u spent on ur renovations and the monthly CPF deductions. take it as paying rental to HDB lor.

i went thru the same thing years ago. had to dispose of matrimonial flat before satisfying MOP. we didnt appeal to sell. we just asked HDB wat was the best way forward, and was told to apply to surrender flat back to HDB instead of selling on the open market. the only restriction placed on us was that either of us could not apply to purchase a new flat direct frm HDB for a period of 10 years. we can only buy resale. i felt it wasn't a big deal. compared to ur situation, at least i can choose frm the whole island, instead of stuck at one estate.

ok, anyway, wat's done is done. i suppose u can only nego wif ur seller to extend, and in the meantime, try ur luck rushing the HDB, and pray for the best.

Hi manutd1972,

Thanks for your reply. Me and my ex spouse did not split amicably. He's always making things difficult for me during the whole divorce process. Not to mention about the sale of the flat. He wouldn't agree to surrender back to HDB without any profit. Now the issue is that we weren't informed at all that we cannot purchase outside of Ang Mo Kio in future, on our part, it's like case closed already since the flat is sold due to divorce. I didn't know it will implicate my future purchase even though it's a single application now.

I mean if I had been informed earlier, then I would have known what to do, like to appeal to HDB earlier to grant approval for me to buy outside of Ang Mo Kio or just simple look for a flat in Ang Mo Kio. But this is so last minute.

garment; u don't ask i don't tell.

You appeal for sales during MOP not about the grant, not surprise that it is not mentioned in the approval.

As long as we want to buy HDB unit, then LL we have to abide by their rules, seems like we r at their mercy.

Sad.

U have the following options should your appeal failed.

1) Ask MP to appeal for u.

2) Return the 20k loan and continue with your buy.

3) Forfeit 5k option fee and look for house in AMK.

Hi Chronograph,

I did think of this last resort to return the 20k grant with interest back to HDB. However, I don't feel justified because I didnt know there is such a rule prior to my purchase. Even during the approval of the waiver of MOP, the letter didn't state anything about this. So I think it's very unfair to just assume that I should know this clause, I read through the whole HDB website again and again and I did not find anything on this as well. I think it's totally ridiculous.

garment; u don't ask i don't tell.

You appeal for sales during MOP not about the grant, not surprise that it is not mentioned in the approval.

As long as we want to buy HDB unit, then LL we have to abide by their rules, seems like we r at their mercy.

Sad.

U have the following options should your appeal failed.

1) Ask MP to appeal for u.

2) Return the 20k loan and continue with your buy.

3) Forfeit 5k option fee and look for house in AMK.

Ask MP no use one, that time I went to MP, ask them to help me write in to HDB to let me buy a flat, the MP said with my salary, I can jolly well rent a room... they have no compassion at all about your problems, coz it's not them who are going through.

My agent has called the seller's agent and they are willing to wait for me just don't know how long HDB is going to take, I'm just afraid they will wait too long and lose patience. The officer in charge of my case said minimum takes 1 week, I think will call them next week to check on the status.

Worst scenario, if they really so hard-hearted and not going to approve, I will have to offer to return them the grant with interest accrued. But I read from another forum, there's someone who also appealed a similar case as me, got approved but after like 1 month's time. Haiz... really yz.

Hi All,

Fyi. HDB just called and told me my appeal has been approved! I can proceed with my purchase already. Thanks all for your kind advice. :)

Congrats, seems like election is coming.......

Congrats, seems like election is coming.......

not seem

It is coming

Don't you feel , suddenly alot of white uniform showing up.

Past few yrs, where got see them, especially those young one

Suddenly, simi thing also got them

Toa Payoh fire, go and clean the house.

Singapore 1st time, HDB tio fire arr..

where are they at that time?

:rolleyes:

Hi All,

Fyi. HDB just called and told me my appeal has been approved! I can proceed with my purchase already. Thanks all for your kind advice. :)

Congrats! great news for u. and it came so soon. u didn even hv to wait for 1 week. perhaps someone somewhere is looking out for u, election upcoming or not.

as for the elections, cfm coming la. all the signs are thr oredi. i wun be surprised if it's ard CNY nx year.

Edited by manutd1972

Hi All,

Thanks. Oh I duno but mayb becos I shoot email to the Head of Resales and cc all the directors and CEO of HDB then I called the Head of Resales the next day. Maybe that helped? He promised to look into the matter for me, coz I asked why is HDB always making my life so difficult with all those hurdles and obstacles? Keke :S