Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellicious

Appeal To Hdb

Hi All,

Thanks. Oh I duno but mayb becos I shoot email to the Head of Resales and cc all the directors and CEO of HDB then I called the Head of Resales the next day. Maybe that helped? He promised to look into the matter for me, coz I asked why is HDB always making my life so difficult with all those hurdles and obstacles? Keke :S

Hi kelicious,

Hope you don't mind to share with me the number to call for head of resale and also his/her email. I'm currently appealing for my HLE loan wic sadly is over by a few dollar thus forcing me to get a bank loan instead. :( I've paid the 5k deposit for the hse and owner rushing me for HLE letter :( **** sad and stressful day.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi kelicious,

Hope you don't mind to share with me the number to call for head of resale and also his/her email. I'm currently appealing for my HLE loan wic sadly is over by a few dollar thus forcing me to get a bank loan instead. :( I've paid the 5k deposit for the hse and owner rushing me for HLE letter :( **** sad and stressful day.

why did u pay the 5k deposit before u got ur HLE letter? did u hv an agent? didn't he advise u on this? even if he didn't, u shld hv done ur own sums and waited for the HLE letter before giving any owners an OTP.

at least wif the HLE, u knw hw much u can afford. and if u think u need a higher loan amount, u can approach the banks and ask for an in-principle approval. and watever loan amt the banks offer u, even if substantially higher than the HLE amount, if u base ur search on the HLE loan amount, u can't go wrong.

now u're stuck. u either appeal and hope HDB increase their loan amt offered to u (unlikely), or go get a bank loan, and hope the banks can loan u a higher amount.

sorry if i sound un-sympathetic, but u really did dig this hole urself. when buying such high-price items, we should always always ensure that our loans are in place, before committing to any purchase. if u dun hv enuf cash, wld u pay the deposit for a car without knowing whether u can successfully get a loan for the car? no rite?

Edited by manutd1972

hum.... since your(or combine) income exceeded the 8k limit, u can go for bank loan. Besides, now bank loan offers better interest rate than CPF at 2.6%.

Hi kelicious,

err... from what i understand.. hle is normally alot higher than bank loan amt as it does not take into consideration your credit rating..

unless you have 50-100k cash to deposit in the bank. only then they may give you aother excess 100-300k more to your loan amt.

aniway.. if seriously the required loan amt is > than your hle by just a few dollar.. just pay the few dollars in cash lor.. or postpone your transaction by 1-2 mths.. cos' in the meantime, there will be cpf deposit into your account..

hmmm.. maybe you want to mention how much is a few dollar ? $1-100 ? or 1k-100k ?

Edited by Jgal

err... from what i understand.. hle is normally alot higher than bank loan amt as it does not take into consideration your credit rating..

unless you have 50-100k cash to deposit in the bank. only then they may give you aother excess 100-300k more to your loan amt.

aniway.. if seriously the required loan amt is > than your hle by just a few dollar.. just pay the few dollars in cash lor.. or postpone your transaction by 1-2 mths.. cos' in the meantime, there will be cpf deposit into your account..

hmmm.. maybe you want to mention how much is a few dollar ? $1-100 ? or 1k-100k ?

hmm....not always true. i got a higher loan amount frm a bank loan vs the HLE. Same income documents submitted. Plus most banks will loan u up to age 70, whereas HDB is only up to age 65.

why did u pay the 5k deposit before u got ur HLE letter? did u hv an agent? didn't he advise u on this? even if he didn't, u shld hv done ur own sums and waited for the HLE letter before giving any owners an OTP.

at least wif the HLE, u knw hw much u can afford. and if u think u need a higher loan amount, u can approach the banks and ask for an in-principle approval. and watever loan amt the banks offer u, even if substantially higher than the HLE amount, if u base ur search on the HLE loan amount, u can't go wrong.

now u're stuck. u either appeal and hope HDB increase their loan amt offered to u (unlikely), or go get a bank loan, and hope the banks can loan u a higher amount.

sorry if i sound un-sympathetic, but u really did dig this hole urself. when buying such high-price items, we should always always ensure that our loans are in place, before committing to any purchase. if u dun hv enuf cash, wld u pay the deposit for a car without knowing whether u can successfully get a loan for the car? no rite?

No sorry to me manutd1972. I totally understand where u coming from. Perhaps i shd have explain myself more. Sorry abt that.

We actually got our HLE during the month of May 2010 and the 5k was paid to the owner sometime in june. Thinking that we have found the hse we like, therefore we committed to the OTP. After that than we know that house cannot sell becos owners MOP have not met until Nov 2010. Owner felt bad abt it and agreed to lower the COV by 4k. Both parties agreed, sign some form of documents and we all waited. Now its nov, owner can sell. Owner also found a house and did his resale checklist, only waiting for us to get our new HLE application. Thinking that we have applied HLE before without any problem during the first time, we proceed with the 2nd HLE application. What we didn't expect is during the 2nd application we kena rejected. Went down HDB make noise asking them to re-calculate our HLE again. Officer said they did a few rounds of re-calculation and our income was a few dollars over the 8k limit. (exact amount he say cannot disclose) He said there's nothing he can do abt it but ask us to appeal.

The reason why i m very worried now is becos if our income really hit over the 8k, we'll not be granted the first timer(30k) and near parents(10k) grant. Is that true??? That's what my agent told me. That's like 40k off loaded in the final costing of the house.

I'll really appreciate if someone here can help me in this matter. We are quite lost now. That's why i hope to get the email for the Head of resales and hopefully can get to talk to him.

yes. Ur agent is right.

If > $8k.

No grant, No HDB loan.

Simi all bo.

status is same as 2 PR.

Only Bank loan

yes. Ur agent is right.

If > $8k.

No grant, No HDB loan.

Simi all bo.

status is same as 2 PR.

Only Bank loan

thks for the reply therat. 40k hanging in the appeal letter now. :(

thks for the reply therat. 40k hanging in the appeal letter now. :(

how come your officer said the calculated amount cannot disclose? when they reject your application of HLE, they will tell you that it's rejected becos your income is $8xxx, which is over $8k... some letter with standard format...

and... erm shouldn't you know your own combined income better than the HDB officer? sorry i'm confused....

i've appealed before, it took me a long time... but i heard that if it's just a few dollars, shouldn't be a big problem.

how come your officer said the calculated amount cannot disclose? when they reject your application of HLE, they will tell you that it's rejected becos your income is $8xxx, which is over $8k... some letter with standard format...

and... erm shouldn't you know your own combined income better than the HDB officer? sorry i'm confused....

i've appealed before, it took me a long time... but i heard that if it's just a few dollars, shouldn't be a big problem.

Hi maeshmellow,

The officer gave a hint our income ceiling is over by a few dollars, less than ten. Exact figure he said can't disclose. I also don't kn why. Anyway, i manage to trace to the officer in charge of my appeal. Was told to submit more documents. Document needed include our marriage cert, both ID and CPF contribution. We have submitted these document from day one, that we applied the HLE. They are so screw up and made me resubmit again. I was so on the verge of "F" him. My wife tame me down and say we need their help, ask me stay clam. Worst of all, he say will look into our appeal and can only get back to us in 1-2weeks time. We got a resale hse right in front waiting for us. Why u guys wanna make me wait another 1-2weeks. Really don't kn what they doing. Its like taking forever to get things thru to them.

Maeshmellow, care to tell me how long u waited??

......Worst of all, he say will look into our appeal and can only get back to us in 1-2weeks time. We got a resale hse right in front waiting for us. Why u guys wanna make me wait another 1-2weeks. Really don't kn what they doing. Its like taking forever to get things thru to them.....

as i hv mentioned earlier in d thread, d HDB appeals committee sits only once a month to look into all appeal cases. so if u just missed this mth's sitting, ur case may take 1 mth for d result to be known. so urs 1-2 weeks oredi considered very good.

aiyo.. you are appealing for an exception. If they grant you, it out of good wil. If they dun grant you, they are going by the books and being fair to others that are not eligible for the grant.

why shld you be rude to them or *F* them ? they dun owe you an exception in the first place.

*sigh*

shld have done your homework in the first place. Anyway, with > 8k a mth, why shld "taxpayer" give you the 40k grant..ha ha ha... maybe shld shoot a letter to the press to review their exception process.. why so loose.

Edited by Jgal

Hi maeshmellow,

The officer gave a hint our income ceiling is over by a few dollars, less than ten. Exact figure he said can't disclose. I also don't kn why. Anyway, i manage to trace to the officer in charge of my appeal. Was told to submit more documents. Document needed include our marriage cert, both ID and CPF contribution. We have submitted these document from day one, that we applied the HLE. They are so screw up and made me resubmit again. I was so on the verge of "F" him. My wife tame me down and say we need their help, ask me stay clam. Worst of all, he say will look into our appeal and can only get back to us in 1-2weeks time. We got a resale hse right in front waiting for us. Why u guys wanna make me wait another 1-2weeks. Really don't kn what they doing. Its like taking forever to get things thru to them.

Maeshmellow, care to tell me how long u waited??

i mean, you should know your own income best, rite? then why is it that your understanding of "combined income" is different from the officer? if your income is < 8k, it's less than <8k. HDB officer won't be able to make it more than 8k...

just to highlight there is a chance that HDB officer calculated wrongly... cos this was what happened to me... so they kept rejecting our application (and subsequent appeal) of HLE. i appealed and appealed and complained to MP etc... took me 6 months to finally get my HLE. but i made sure i got a HLE before looking for a flat....

as i hv mentioned earlier in d thread, d HDB appeals committee sits only once a month to look into all appeal cases. so if u just missed this mth's sitting, ur case may take 1 mth for d result to be known. so urs 1-2 weeks oredi considered very good.

Hi Jgal,

How much we earn every month of cause we know and we are very firm n sure we nvr hit the 8k. Actually amount over is by a few dollars due to my wife last year pay cut and sometime during june company doing well and pay her back a few grand for that. On average we don't earn that much. Anyway, appeal letter went thru ..thks for all the help pals..