Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Yes. Meeting confirmed tonight. btw, my EM is quite "original" condition one... LOL... nothing fanciful one. :P... and according to the few contractors who came down to do site visits, all commented that my floor tiles are off... not just because of poor workmanship, but because all the internal walls are uneven and slanted one... the difference can be as huge as 10cm... *faint*

Well, no doubt we both have posted our pictures on our blog, we finally see each other face to face!

Thank you for visiting my house & picking me up to see your EM.

The rooms are really spacious except that my kitchen is bigger than yours.

I admire your courage in buying the EM in that conditions, and looks like you can challenge my extreme makeover!! ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I guess Donny's nerves have thicken and his own QC standard has risen after renovating your house. So I think he will accept your "challenge" once again :)

I concurred your statement & my ID Donny has graduated from advanced 'shao lin' school of martial arts in home renovation!! But hor, he is very fuzzy & has set himself very high demand & standards too! Remember when I asked him to install bottom mount sink? He will reject your request if he finds anything inappropriate or not durable in the long run. He does not want home owners to complain when problems surfaced later on. He prefers to preempt the problems & tell you NO in advance.

Now, he graduates with flying colours after renovating my house!!

Well, no doubt we both have posted our pictures on our blog, we finally see each other face to face!

Thank you for visiting my house & picking me up to see your EM.

The rooms are really spacious except that my kitchen is bigger than yours.

I admire your courage in buying the EM in that conditions, and looks like you can challenge my extreme makeover!! ;)

I must say you really look a lot younger than your age! (not that I know your actual age, but roughly ah... :P)

Yes. Your kitchen is very spacious, and with a service yard and a 2nd door. This is the first time I see such a HDB unit layout. And I'm sure your original living room would have been a lot more spacious too, if not, because you needed to buy an extra bedroom for your son. :P

And also highlighting to me all the subtle FS cures at your place. :)

And yes, thanks for visiting my place and sharing some FS pointers with me.

In fact, some of the info you shared, were also highlighted by some of the contractors who visited my place.

- the stove should not be below the toilet (my mum also mentioned to me before)

- the stove should not be facing the toilet (think I read it online somewhere; my mum also mentioned before)

- the stove should not be facing the kitchen entrance directly (think I read it in some "Feng Shui for Dummies" ebook... LOL...)

Seems like my initial design for my kitchen needs to rethink abit... :( i prob have to delay my renovation abit. And think thru properly (ie. whether want to hack the wall between my kitchen and utility room...

LOL... not courage la... more like I'm foolhardy... didn't notice all the slanted walls and stuff, coz I was already intending to hack everything and re-do... but think there's no cure for slanted walls... and yes... you have seen how jia lat (aka "cannot make it") it is...

really buying for the location and floor area... :P

now... how do i bring the message across to my wife that the renovation might be delayed and there might be major changes to the design, esp the kitchen area... hmmm...

Edited by csingeu

I must say you really look a lot younger than your age! (not that I know your actual age, but roughly ah... :P)

Thank you for the compliment! You have a baby face & looks handsome than picture!

Yes. Your kitchen is very spacious, and with a service yard and a 2nd door. This is the first time I see such a HDB unit layout. And I'm sure your original living room would have been a lot more spacious too, if not, because you needed to buy an extra bedroom for your son. :P

And also highlighting to me all the subtle FS cures at your place. :)

We all like our kitchen as it is the only common area big enough for family gathering. The original L-shape livingroom was also as spacious as our ktichen.

In fact, some of the info you shared, were also highlighted by some of the contractors who visited my place.

- the stove should not be facing the toilet (think I read it online somewhere; my mum also mentioned before)

- the stove should not be facing the kitchen entrance directly (think I read it in some "Feng Shui for Dummies" ebook... LOL...)

These are the basic of feng shui internal landform for consideration.

Seems like my initial design for my kitchen needs to rethink abit... :( i prob have to delay my renovation abit. And think thru properly (ie. whether want to hack the wall between my kitchen and utility room...

LOL... not courage la... more like I'm foolhardy... didn't notice all the slanted walls and stuff, coz I was already intending to hack everything and re-do... but think there's no cure for slanted walls... and yes... you have seen how jia lat (aka "cannot make it") it is...

really buying for the location and floor area... :P

now... how do i bring the message across to my wife that the renovation might be delayed and there might be major changes to the design, esp the kitchen area... hmmm...

hmmm......I also don't know how to advise you...but you definitely have to quickly do a revision to the design concept and present it to your wife asap :P

It surprised me when I stepped into the shop at IMM selling Korean wall papers. I inquired for the price for one feature wall & was quoted $498 for one big roll of 4.2m(W) X 2.8m(H)....so much cheaper than the wallpaper I paid for the wall facing my main door! Moreover, the wallpaper I got from Goodrich comes in smaller roll, have to cut & join so many panels!!

I have placed my order & will be selecting the design these few days......as it takes 3 weeks to indent.

It surprised me when I stepped into the shop at IMM selling Korean wall papers. I inquired for the price for one feature wall & was quoted $498 for one big roll of 4.2m(W) X 2.8m(H)....so much cheaper than the wallpaper I paid for the wall facing my main door! Moreover, the wallpaper I got from Goodrich comes in smaller roll, have to cut & join so many panels!!

I have placed my order & will be selecting the design these few days......as it takes 3 weeks to indent.

Mae, are they at the 2nd level near a shop selling digital locks?

Mae, are they at the 2nd level near a shop selling digital locks?

The shop is quite new...called DE NEXT PAGE....#02-64.

There are 3000+ designs for me to choose for the price of $498 per roll of 4.2mW x 2.8mH, except the 'Kids World' series which of course I dun have kids at home.

Talking about Feng Shui, my favourable topic, here is the key point:

When we select a formula to audit a yang dwelling for people, we have to note that considerations have to be given to the effect of both Heavenly and Earthly Qi, and whether the dwelling is a high rise apartment or a ground level house.

Applying the wrong formula may be harmless or has no effect to the house, but you may end up wondering why the feng shui techniques does not work for some of you?

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry615656

Hi,

I got my Mitsuibishi Aircon from a company called Aircon Designs Pte Ltd. The sales person is Joey. If you read my blog here, not sure which page though, I have mentioned my bad experience with the famous company chain called GC & the newspapers they stashed inside the concealed trunking & poor workmanship!

That's why I went to this company Aircon Designs who provides quality material & workmanship!!

hmmm....very unique with 2 doors ....Where else have you seen HDB flats with 2 entrances?

ya loh, i have never heard of hdb have 2 entrances leh.... sound really good leh. how old is the flat? i can consider buying there the next time?? hahahaha.....

After the PE inspection, our electrician modified and installed the remote control switch for the lights in MBR:

This is the remote control device for the lights:

grq5_008_uc4it.jpg

This picture shows how the lights are controlled by the device:

grq5_992_uc4it.jpg

Now, I can place the remote control device beside my bed and switch the lights at the touch of my fingers!

Hi Mae,

May i know how much you paid overall to have your electrician to program the remote control lightings for you?

Any special devices that you need to purchase from him?

Cheers

Ed

ya loh, i have never heard of hdb have 2 entrances leh.... sound really good leh. how old is the flat? i can consider buying there the next time?? hahahaha.....

May be you are younger than my flat? This block was built in 1979, already over 31 years. Currently upgrading the lifts as the last poll for MUP didn't garner minimum votes to proceed.

I am waiting for en bloc in the near future...else I stay put here till my life expire or move with any of my children. I cannot buy HDB flats!!

Hi Mae,

May i know how much you paid overall to have your electrician to program the remote control lightings for you?

Any special devices that you need to purchase from him?

Cheers

Ed

Hi, Ed

Nice to see you here :)

I think my electrician charged me ard $100 to program the remote control lightings for my MBR, including the control device you have seen. Let me retrieve my electrical installation bill to reconfirm.

I dun see anything wrong w that wall... did i miss out something?

Hi,

do you mind sharing your I.D's contact and quotations on your place? thank you for your help. Email is nat0206@hotmail.com

Hi,

do you mind sharing your I.D's contact and quotations on your place? thank you for your help. Email is nat0206@hotmail.com

Hi, nat0206

Thank you for reading my blog. I will send you the requested information tomorrow morning.