Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Hahaha....I also cannot imagine how my knuckles will look like! May be have to chop off the right middle finger?!!

But it won't be that severe bah? How big is typical EM floor area? My floor area is 117m2, so 25% more severe than what I had suffered?

between 149 to 164 sqm?

depending on whether it's corner unit, layout and whether recess area are bought. i guess.

mine is a corridor unit with (small) recess area bought, abt 151 sqm lor...

I think getting an EA of 148 sqm is actually much spacious than an EM, since an EM has "wasted" space like staircase, level 2 corridor (which serve no purpose, except as a walkway) etc... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hahaha....I also cannot imagine how my knuckles will look like! May be have to chop off the right middle finger?!!

But it won't be that severe bah? How big is typical EM floor area? My floor area is 117m2, so 25% more severe than what I had suffered?

Not to scare you but you have to be careful w your bone especially women. A swollen knuckle could be an indication of hairline fracture caused by stress.

EM should be around 140 sqm... Hee... I should have said Jumbo flat which is around 190sqm.

Not to scare you but you have to be careful w your bone especially women. A swollen knuckle could be an indication of hairline fracture caused by stress.

Thank you for the health information. I remembered I had a severe pain on the joint of fingers for months. Then I seek miracle service and it was cured within days!!

EM should be around 140 sqm... Hee... I should have said Jumbo flat which is around 190sqm.

No matter how good the tilers, I still don't trust 100% as workmanship can never be perfect!

If jumbo flat with such big area, I won't choose any floor tiles....I will probably opt for bare cement screed!! :o

Edited by mae29

between 149 to 164 sqm?

depending on whether it's corner unit, layout and whether recess area are bought. i guess.

mine is a corridor unit with (small) recess area bought, abt 151 sqm lor...

I think getting an EA of 148 sqm is actually much spacious than an EM, since an EM has "wasted" space like staircase, level 2 corridor (which serve no purpose, except as a walkway) etc... :P

Waoh....your EM has such big floor area! My 5I is only 117m2 and I already have to clean & tidy like full time maid on weekends, in addition to daily wiping of surface top and the homogeneous floor!!

By the way, our meeting is confirmed and I see you at my place this evening...and I am eager to visit your EM too!!

Edited by mae29

Wow! Another extreme reno under your co-supervision? Let me made a guess who the ID is.... Is he DONNY?! :)

My sister just got her valuation report for her 5 room flat at Bukit Panjang....$530K!!! So, she is considering to sell it and downgrade to 4-room flat, as she has only one son.

If we were choose an ID, it is definitely DONNY because I can't imagine who else can 'tahan' my stringent QC? Remember I mentioned in one of my earlier post that one ID for my previous flat at Kim Tian Place surrendered & gave up the contract half way through the renovation when I picked on their workmanship??

Now, our concern is whether Donny wants to continue to work with Me, when I almost break his nerves too!!

mae,

how much have you spent for the whole reno?

OMG....I lost count as the numbers have sky-rocketed from the original quotation of above $50K for the base renovation works.

I changed alot of things and added many items after we signed the contract with Donny. I will PM you the info.

Edited by mae29

Thank you for the health information. I remembered I had a severe pain on the joint of fingers for months. Then I seek miracle service and it was cured within days!!

No matter how good the tilers, I still don't trust 100% as workmanship can never be perfect!

If jumbo flat with such big area, I won't choose any floor tiles....I will probably opt for bare cement screed!! :o

What kind of miracle service was that? Cured within days somemore O.O 真神奇!

My sister just got her valuation report for her 5 room flat at Bukit Panjang....$530K!!! So, she is considering to sell it and downgrade to 4-room flat, as she has only one son.

If we were choose an ID, it is definitely DONNY because I can't imagine who else can 'tahan' my stringent QC? Remember I mentioned in one of my earlier post that one ID for my previous flat at Kim Tian Place surrendered & gave up the contract half way through the renovation when I picked on their workmanship??

Now, our concern is whether Donny wants to continue to work with Me, when I almost break his nerves too!!

Really! I bet that her flat is near to the BP Plaza and the future MRT.

I guess Donny's nerves have thicken and his own QC standard has risen after renovating your house. So I think he will accept your "challenge" once again :)

Waoh....your EM has such big floor area! My 5I is only 117m2 and I already have to clean & tidy like full time maid on weekends, in addition to daily wiping of surface top and the homogeneous floor!!

By the way, our meeting is confirmed and I see you at my place this evening...and I am eager to visit your EM too!!

Yes. we have been advised by all friends and relatives that household cleaning work will kill us... :P

oh well... treat it as exercise lor... anyway, my wife said since i'm getting fatter, gd for me to do more household chore (aka "exercise")... bleahz...

Yes. Meeting confirmed tonight. btw, my EM is quite "original" condition one... LOL... nothing fanciful one. :P... and according to the few contractors who came down to do site visits, all commented that my floor tiles are off... not just because of poor workmanship, but because all the internal walls are uneven and slanted one... the difference can be as huge as 10cm... *faint*

Yes. we have been advised by all friends and relatives that household cleaning work will kill us... :P

oh well... treat it as exercise lor... anyway, my wife said since i'm getting fatter, gd for me to do more household chore (aka "exercise")... bleahz...

Really a very good form of exercise staying in EM - exercise vertically & horizontally - I mean climbing up and down the stairs! If I stay in EM, I will build a mini-bar counter upstairs....save the trouble of climbing up & down!

btw, my EM is quite "original" condition one... LOL... nothing fanciful one. :P... and according to the few contractors who came down to do site visits, all commented that my floor tiles are off... not just because of poor workmanship, but because all the internal walls are uneven and slanted one... the difference can be as huge as 10cm... *faint*

Woah....that is probably the standard of workmanship 10 years ago??

Edited by mae29

What kind of miracle service was that? Cured within days somemore O.O 真神奇!

I attended the miracle services at a church in Woodlands.....

Really! I bet that her flat is near to the BP Plaza and the future MRT.

I guess Donny's nerves have thicken and his own QC standard has risen after renovating your house. So I think he will accept your "challenge" once again :)

Yes, her flat is just next to BP Plaza....

Yes, our block is very unique with 2 doors: Main door & one side door at the kitchen. As far as I know, besides Pandan Gardens, there are also HDB blocks at Teban Gardens & Boon Lay with similar 2-doors concept, but their kitchens are not as spacious as those in Pandan Gardens.

I will take some new pictures from Main door if I have time. As for the back door, unable to take full view due to lift upgrading in progress which block the passage way.

Okie...finally can have sometime to re-take the pictures from my main door....and side door:

From the Main door....the sofa is just a few steps away from the door entrance...

grq5_dd6_uc4it.jpg

grq5_176_uc4it.jpg

...that's why I bought the settee without the right armrest!

grq5_1b3_uc4it.jpg

From the moment you step into my house, there is feng shui placement & cure......did you spot any feng shui arrangement?

Edited by mae29

continued from the above:

The main gate repainted in beige...still trying to find the acrylic plate to shield the lower gate because when Town Council wash the common corridors on every 1st day of the month, water will splash into my house like nobody business!

grq5_d89_uc4it.jpg

The back door....

grq5_1c0_uc4it.jpg

Both main & side doors...

grq5_890_uc4it.jpg

hmmm....very unique with 2 doors ....Where else have you seen HDB flats with 2 entrances?

Edited by mae29