Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Hi,

do you mind sharing your I.D's contact and quotations on your place? thank you for your help. Email is nat0206@hotmail.com

hi, hi

you got mail....PM sent!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

When it comes to sound systems, I'm really a noob here.

Wanted to get the Philips blu Ray sound bar, but not sure what else I need to get to have a complete sound system for a decent home entertainment.

Sighzzzz

Hi, Hi,

This is to reply to a private message requesting for more pictures of the interior of our pole system wardrobes.

These are the 2 pictures I can find in my progress album for now.

The sturdy aluminium frame of the sliding door:

1aa5_132_uc4it.jpg

The drawers c/w locks and the aluminium poles ...

1914_030_uc4it.jpg

continued from the above:

2nd incident:

The group of painters which I have feedback to the ID firm, and probably they are already blacklisted on their contactor list! The Project Manager came for a 2nd time, to see the awful job done by that lousy team of Malay painters! I do feel guilty again for being too nasty with them over my stringent quality check!

hm6p_b99_uc4it.jpg

Also posted in one of my thread here, my hardworking ID had to call his neighbour friends for help to touch up the painting for 4th time, when all contractors had stopped work just days before the CNY.

During one of the recent house visit, ID came with his Project Manager for final assessment of their workmanship.

v19x_d68_uc4it.jpg

Most of the time, he is the person who came silently to cover up the tasks by himself....including buying the cleaning stuffs to clean & mop my house during renovation! Overall, I am happy with Donny's performance and his speedy response to rectification works.

h51o_1b6_uc4it.png

grq4_df4_uc4it.jpg

I would highly recommended his service to anyone who is seeking for a good and reliable ID.

Hi Mae , just finished viewing your posting. Can I have the ID(Donny)'s contact too?

Will be getting my new house's key in a few months time. Hoping my reno will be as nice as yours.

How the remote lightings work? Can we just buy any lighting preferred and have it wired to the control?

Thank you very much for sharing. (From : abbong@gmail.com)

Edited by abbong

Hi, singabox

I would strongly recommend my electrician, but he is not from the ID company.

Look at how careful he installed the chandelier lights for my dining area...I was there the whole afternoon watching how he meticulously installed these crystals and lights....

if08_bd3_uc4it.jpg

He is a Malaysian, and I understand he will stop work by next weekend and return after CNY. I will PM you his contact number.

Mae, Abbong here again. Can I have the electrician's contact too? Email: abbong@gmail.com

Mae, Abbong here again. Can I have the electrician's contact too? Email: abbong@gmail.com

Hi, abbong

Thank you for visiting my blog, and I am happy to 'meet' you here.

I have just finished my course & on my way home.

I will email the requested information to you tomorrow.

Have a sweet sweet dream! Good nite.

Hi, abbong

Thank you for visiting my blog, and I am happy to 'meet' you here.

I have just finished my course & on my way home.

I will email the requested information to you tomorrow.

Have a sweet sweet dream! Good nite.

WOW!!! Mae, surprised by the energy and "full of life". How do you do that????

Thanks. Good night.

WOW!!! Mae, surprised by the energy and "full of life". How do you do that????

Thanks. Good night.

Hi, abbong

It is circumstances driven! I have completed my renovation successfully & therefore have the time to enrol courses...now brushing up the advance level Bazi.

Hi Mae , just finished viewing your posting. Can I have the ID(Donny)'s contact too?

Will be getting my new house's key in a few months time. Hoping my reno will be as nice as yours.

Hi, abbong

I have sent you the contact details of my ID. Let me know if you need any other information.

Edited by mae29

How the remote lightings work? Can we just buy any lighting preferred and have it wired to the control?

The remote control lightings need special wiring for programming the switches. Yes, you can buy any lighting preferred and have it wired to the control, which the electrician will know how to program it.

The electrician quoted me extra $$ for such programming, including the remote control device.

The Extreme Makeover Series

Continued with Before & After Makeover photographs:

The Central of the House:

Used to be open walking space, and now occupied by the TV console which divides the new Livingroom & Dining area.

iwli_2fe_uc4it.jpg

The Foyer converted into Livingroom:

ikeb_e7e_uc4it.jpg

The Livingroom converted into new Bedroom:

vwke_ef3_uc4it.jpg

Continued with The Front & Side Entrance

This is the front & side entrance to our unique unit. The gates were repainted in beige and both doors were replaced to natural wood shade according to my FSM's advice.

ndqi_141_uc4it.jpg

On the topic of Feng Shui for door, here are some abstracts for your reading pleasure:

Apart from the orientation of the house, it is also important to note the Life Gua of the occupants. The entrance ought to be in a sector that is conducive for the master of the house and the sector should suit his or her line of work.

For example, if you are Life Gua 3 and your main door is located in the East, your Life Gua is supported by the East palace which is of the wood element. And if your line of work is connected with the wood or fire based industry, then your career prospect is likely to be good. This is because the entrance of a house is the most important sector in Feng Shui as it is considered the mouth of Qi.

On the other hand, if the main door is in the * (which is Direct Spirit for period 8), it is considered not favorable. This is because the entrance of a house is Yang and by locating the main door at the * which is Yin, it violates the Direct /Indirect Spirit principles. The residents will find it harder to acquire wealth.

Other important rules to consider when it comes to the main doors are as follows:-

• A mountain in front of a house where a timely facing star is at the main door will deactivate the facing star. This formation is known as water dragon climbing a mountain.

• A main door should not be in a facing direction that clashes with the direction of your animal sign. The clash is more severe if your animal sign belonged to the Rabbit, Horse, Rooster and Rat.

• A bright hall outside the door way and another bright hall inside the door way is conducive to allow Qi to settle in without any obstruction.

• Make sure that the front door is not directly under an over head beam as the latter will suppress the Qi on its way in.

• A toilet should not be located right above the front door as it is considered inauspicious.

• A staircase which is aligned in a straight line with the main door causes the Qi to rush out. A staircase should not be located in the center of a house as Qi is not able to consolidate.

To be continued~~~~

I like to thank all friends here who have read the above thread on house Feng Shui, and those who have PM me with with questions. I will try my best to reply you as soon as I can. :P

Do stay tune for part 2....

Final complete photographs - Dining area

The marble round table with 4 white chairs. Supposed to get the oblong table to match the design theme, but I have to listen to the advice of my feng shui master. Also ended up with 4 bulky chairs (see earlier post on how & why these chairs were selected) instead of 6 normal chairs, due to space constraints.

The crystals chandelier at dining area with plastic wrappers not removed yet:

heng_14c_uc4it.jpg

Once the wrappers are removed, this is the effect...

if08_b86_uc4it.jpg

...with LED lights switched on:

hw35_d8c_uc4it.jpg

...with warm lights switch on:

k1v2_629_uc4it.jpg

Oh my goodness, the chandelier is so beautiful! Especially when the lights are on! Love your dining area!

Oh my goodness, the chandelier is so beautiful! Especially when the lights are on! Love your dining area!

Dear Jennifer

Thank you for visiting my t-blog. I am glad you like it as all our friends & relatives including my ID also said that the chandelier is beautiful.

Initially, I thought I was overcharged for the chandelier ($899) as my colleague installed a similar design which she paid for $400 only. However, upon closer examination, I realised my chandelier has real crystals, not those 'plastic' or 'fake' crystals, and the effect of the light casting makes the difference. ;)

Edited by mae29