Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ranbet

Fiber (acrylic Panel) On Balcony Fence

Hi All,

My balcony has steel type fence. I have a very active 1+yr old boy. I'm afraid he'll try to climb over the balcony fence.

so I have an idea of slapping a fiber (or acrylic) panel on the balcony fence. you know the bunk beds in Ikea? if you notice, the ladder is covered with some kind of fiber / acrylic panel to prevent kids climbing over. so I want to apply the same idea to my balcony fence. that way, my baby won't be able to have any step to allow him to climb over.

the problem is, I don't know where to find contractor for this small project. and any idea how much this would cost? (per meter length? or per meter-square?)

any recommendation on contractor, please let me know.

thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

any other material than acrylic?

btw, how to attach an image? when I clicked "insert image" it's asking for URL, instead of my explorer to my harddrive...

any other material than acrylic?

btw, how to attach an image? when I clicked "insert image" it's asking for URL, instead of my explorer to my harddrive...

u gotta upload the image to photobucket/imageshack kind of sites first.

there are some other plastic materials suitable for outdoor use, i.e. used as roof for cover walkways.

u can check out dama.com.sg for a suitable material, they do deal with retail customers. But all materials will need some form of maintenance and have a definite lifespan, even diamonds do not last forever. :D

let's see if this works.

not my balcony. I just took someone's posting's photo...

IMG_2178.jpg

my idea was just to slap on an acrylic plate over the entire balcony fence. so my son won't have any footing to climb the fence.

it doesn't have to be acryclic, but as long as it's transparent and serves the purpose...

especially that fence on the left side, to which my son can have a footing on that cement to climb the fence...

thanks...

Edited by ranbet

let's see if this works.

not my balcony. I just took someone's posting's photo...

IMG_2178.jpg

my idea was just to slap on an acrylic plate over the entire balcony fence. so my son won't have any footing to climb the fence.

it doesn't have to be acryclic, but as long as it's transparent and serves the purpose...

especially that fence on the left side, to which my son can have a footing on that cement to climb the fence...

thanks..

Try Yeo Soon Hin plastic Signcrafts. If u see hawker centre drink seller containers selling soya bean or grass jelly, those are polycarbonate…They make different thickness of polycarbonate plexiglass. Acrylic will cost more than polycarbonate, will also blur under prolonged sun exposure.

633 Veerasamy road #01-130 S(200633)

How I wish to have an open balcony like yours.

Here's my alternative suggestion. Buy those thin single strand solid steel wire(use to make spring or fishing), tie them an inch above the horizontal bar.

It'll then make it rather painful to step on it, and when your kid is old enough, just cut them away.

How I wish to have an open balcony like yours.

Here's my alternative suggestion. Buy those thin single strand solid steel wire(use to make spring or fishing), tie them an inch above the horizontal bar.

It'll then make it rather painful to step on it, and when your kid is old enough, just cut them away.

I like that idea :)

but it doesn't help to solve the left balcony fence. he can still step on the concrete :(

I like that idea :)

but it doesn't help to solve the left balcony fence. he can still step on the concrete :(

There are still other alternative like electric fence and barb wire :D

Try Yeo Soon Hin plastic Signcrafts. If u see hawker centre drink seller containers selling soya bean or grass jelly, those are polycarbonate…They make different thickness of polycarbonate plexiglass. Acrylic will cost more than polycarbonate, will also blur under prolonged sun exposure.

633 Veerasamy road #01-130 S(200633)

say, what's the best way to go through this?

just call and ask their rep to come over take a look then request a quote?

thanks