Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

MY PURCHASES

1) FRIDGE

To me, i like to cook and i plan to learn how to bake. Always look at those really beautiful tempting cakes make me want to learn to bake as well. So i would like to have a nice big fridge.

can you believe that i actually start to look for fridges even before i start to look at IDs/contractors. I think i have been to 4 Courts, 2 Harvey Normans, Mega Discounts, Audio House, called a few neighbourhood electrical shops and do research online. In the end, my first choice was

http://www.sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodD...4&mode=Feat

When i went to pay for it after decided, the sales person told me its very big and some hdb main door cannot fit this at all. :bangwall:

I went to ask the seller to measure the main door and its true!! :jawdrop: The fridge is too big and even taking out the fridge door, doesn't help.

Then i have to research again on which fridge would be more suitable for me. In the end, this was 2nd best.

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products...s.aspx?oid=2689

Phew!!! I didn't know choosing a fridge will take me nearly a month. :dunno:

2) WASHING MACHINE

Compared to the fridge, my washing machine was decided within 10 mins.

Firstly, i wanted a front load as i am used to it.

Secondly, for front load, continental brands usually last longer or so i heard.

Thirdly, i do not need it to come with drying function.

So i choosen this in the end. http://www.electrolux.com.sg/node90.aspx?productid=30783

3) DIGITAL LOCK

In order to have this, i have given up main gate. This is to save money + totally keyless main door.

My choice was the Samsung fingerprint digital lock:

http://www.samsungdigitallife.com/images/P...-5230_Front.jpg

My friends are asking me, why my home is like those in korean dramas, where need fingerprint or password to go in. I guess cos it look cool and save the trouble of carrying keys for myself, my family and my best friend. I cannot even remember how many times i have gone to the locksmith to duplicate my current home keys. at least i have duplicated 10 sets and have the fear that it might get lost. :( That is what prompted me to buy digital lock.

These are the 3 things i have bought so far. I have most of the needed furniture which i am going to use even though they are a bit old now. But after spending more than budgeted for the flat + reno, cannot afford to buy more new furniture or electrical items.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i think once in a while they do have warehouse sales... do keep a look out since you still have some time ;)

i dun have a Hansgrohe... only a normal rain shower but still doesn't stop my hubby from spending a long time at shower... can you image, a man taking longer to bath than a woman?? :o

yes, i can imagine. cos i'm also one of those men who takes longer to bathe than a woman..... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by manutd1972

I will still go for hansgrohe even though grohe is cheaper. :P

Personally I don like the grohe design, prefer the hansgrohe ones. :D

i can only comment on the entry level models for both brands.

For HansGrohe, entry level is the Focus E2 series. They are made in Germany, and cost-wise, can even cheaper than some of those higher-range Jap or local brands. Eg. Shower mixer is about $250-$280. Normal Italian brand or Jap brand mixer also around that price.

For Grohe, entry level is the Bau range. They are made in China though the cartridge is still made in Germany. Cost-wise, very similar to HG's Focus E2, but some mixers can be slightly higher price than HG equivalent.

i though abt mixing and matching for my plc, but in the end, went HG for both toilets. Only mixers in my plc tt is not frm HG are my kitchen mixer and master toilet wash-basin mixer. Kitchen mixer frm HG with pull-out was way to expensive for me. and due to the wash-basin used in my master toilet, there was no suitable mixer from HG within my budget.

MY PURCHASES

1) FRIDGE

To me, i like to cook and i plan to learn how to bake. Always look at those really beautiful tempting cakes make me want to learn to bake as well. So i would like to have a nice big fridge.

can you believe that i actually start to look for fridges even before i start to look at IDs/contractors. I think i have been to 4 Courts, 2 Harvey Normans, Mega Discounts, Audio House, called a few neighbourhood electrical shops and do research online. In the end, my first choice was

http://www.sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodD...4&mode=Feat

When i went to pay for it after decided, the sales person told me its very big and some hdb main door cannot fit this at all. :bangwall:

I went to ask the seller to measure the main door and its true!! :jawdrop: The fridge is too big and even taking out the fridge door, doesn't help.

Then i have to research again on which fridge would be more suitable for me. In the end, this was 2nd best.

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products...s.aspx?oid=2689

Phew!!! I didn't know choosing a fridge will take me nearly a month. :dunno:

my missus wants side by side fridge too...thanks for highlighting about the door...now i'm gg to measure door to make sure too...

2) WASHING MACHINE

Compared to the fridge, my washing machine was decided within 10 mins.

Firstly, i wanted a front load as i am used to it.

Secondly, for front load, continental brands usually last longer or so i heard.

Thirdly, i do not need it to come with drying function.

So i choosen this in the end. http://www.electrolux.com.sg/node90.aspx?productid=30783

do u know how long each wash takes???initially we were looking at bosch but was told each wash takes more than 1.5hr to complete...too long imo...

my missus wants side by side fridge too...thanks for highlighting about the door...now i'm gg to measure door to make sure too...

do u know how long each wash takes???initially we were looking at bosch but was told each wash takes more than 1.5hr to complete...too long imo...

New flats main doors are wider so no problem. And the one for sharp have 4 doors and are called French doors. Different from normal side by side. :)

Yes, front load takes longer but better for your clothes, especially ladies dresses. This electrolux have special function where it can wash a smaller load for 30 mins only. On top of it, I like having hot water to wash my clothes, the white will remain white and not turn yellowish. Unless you use your storage heater to go into top load machine, I don't know any top load that have hot water function.

All these from my experience of using different washing machines as I moves every 2-3 years.

Edited by May_dream1

For HansGrohe, entry level is the Focus E2 series. They are made in Germany, and cost-wise, can even cheaper than some of those higher-range Jap or local brands. Eg. Shower mixer is about $250-$280. Normal Italian brand or Jap brand mixer also around that price.

For Grohe, entry level is the Bau range. They are made in China though the cartridge is still made in Germany. Cost-wise, very similar to HG's Focus E2, but some mixers can be slightly higher price than HG equivalent.

i though abt mixing and matching for my plc, but in the end, went HG for both toilets. Only mixers in my plc tt is not frm HG are my kitchen mixer and master toilet wash-basin mixer. Kitchen mixer frm HG with pull-out was way to expensive for me. and due to the wash-basin used in my master toilet, there was no suitable mixer from HG within my budget.

Not that bad, then. Not as expensive as I thought. Ok, will go look for them.

New flats main doors are wider so no problem. And the one for sharp have 4 doors and are called French doors. Different from normal side by side. :)

Yes, front load takes longer but better for your clothes, especially ladies dresses. This electrolux have special function where it can wash a smaller load for 30 mins only. On top of it, I like having hot water to wash my clothes, the white will remain white and not turn yellowish. Unless you use your storage heater to go into top load machine, I don't know any top load that have hot water function.

All these from my experience of using different washing machines as I moves every 2-3 years.

besides this model, any front load models for comparison???

besides this model, any front load models for comparison???

Those by electrolux is worth looking. Front load all can wash hot water but if u want fast like 30 mins washing, at the moment I know only this.

Those by electrolux is worth looking. Front load all can wash hot water but if u want fast like 30 mins washing, at the moment I know only this.

:good: thanks...shall go window shopping for WM soon...

:good: thanks...shall go window shopping for WM soon...

i'm using EWF8556. can't remember whether it has the 30min quick wash programme, but generally, it doesn't take that long to finish washing. normal wash programme is just 1hr plus. 90degree celsius wash programme is just over 2hrs. but u only use 90deg C wash for bedsheets. seldom for normal clothes unless really really very dirty and stubborn stains.

Hansgrohe Axor series, the price is crazy! would u pay $1.5k for a basin mixer? :jawdrop:

of cos i cant afford tat. :D

my hse comes with mixers for all toilet aready, actually thought of changing them all, but thinking again, y waste $$? So juz bought a kitchen mixer and a handshower fr HG. This 2 items enough to burn a big hole in my pocket aready.. :(

Hansgrohe Axor series, the price is crazy! would u pay $1.5k for a basin mixer? :jawdrop:

of cos i cant afford tat. :D

my hse comes with mixers for all toilet aready, actually thought of changing them all, but thinking again, y waste $$? So juz bought a kitchen mixer and a handshower fr HG. This 2 items enough to burn a big hole in my pocket aready.. :(

What?? 1.5k just for a basin mixer?? Ehhhh... I also not that siao... :P

I ordered on eBay a mixer. Let see whether it's as good as picture when it arrives.

Not that bad, then. Not as expensive as I thought. Ok, will go look for them.

u can check out Home & bathroom at balestior. They have packages offer ranging 300+ to 400+ if i never remember wrongly. basin mixer, shower mixer, hand shower

u can check out Home & bathroom at balestior. They have packages offer ranging 300+ to 400+ if i never remember wrongly. basin mixer, shower mixer, hand shower

Thanks!! Will go looking ard balestier.