Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

What?? 1.5k just for a basin mixer?? Ehhhh... I also not that siao... :P

I ordered on eBay a mixer. Let see whether it's as good as picture when it arrives.

:D ya, tat time look c c at the M. Sultan showroom, wife saw the mixer, tell me very swee, i ask the salesperson how much, i almost fainted when she told me the price. :blink:

Then happen to realise that mixer belongs to their higher end range, so we skip the section n go 2nd storey where the prices wun let u have a heart attack. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
:D ya, tat time look c c at the M. Sultan showroom, wife saw the mixer, tell me very swee, i ask the salesperson how much, i almost fainted when she told me the price. :blink:

Then happen to realise that mixer belongs to their higher end range, so we skip the section n go 2nd storey where the prices wun let u have a heart attack. :D

Maybe Tmr can go park mall to see see. Hehe.... One of their wholesaler I think.

Maybe Tmr can go park mall to see see. Hehe.... One of their wholesaler I think.

go MS one, better, full range there, somemore, some of the mixers are functional one. Can have a feel of it.

go MS one, better, full range there, somemore, some of the mixers are functional one. Can have a feel of it.

MS will go another day. Tmr have facial at park mall so go park mall to have a look first.

Hansgrohe Axor series, the price is crazy! would u pay $1.5k for a basin mixer? :jawdrop:

of cos i cant afford tat. :D

my hse comes with mixers for all toilet aready, actually thought of changing them all, but thinking again, y waste $$? So juz bought a kitchen mixer and a handshower fr HG. This 2 items enough to burn a big hole in my pocket aready.. :(

no la...Axor series is designer series. i think it's by Axor Starck or Philip Starck or someone....i think last name is Starck la. anyway, such designer series...only for those wif deep deep pockets.

mine all entry level. i feel it's gd enuf for my own use. besides, i'm not staying in landed property, no nd to use designer series. also didnt use overhead rainshower. using a hand-held rainshower. actually if scared of low water pressure, those overhead rainshower is better, but very much more expensive compared to handheld.

Haha... A normal rain shower is good enough. Hehe.... Hhmm hmmm... you can join him lah. Hehe.... Save some water.

that sounds kinda naughty... hahahaha :notti:

yes, i can imagine. cos i'm also one of those men who takes longer to bathe than a woman..... :sport-smiley-004:

hahahaha~ you and my hubby can be good frens hahaha

MY PURCHASES

1) FRIDGE

To me, i like to cook and i plan to learn how to bake. Always look at those really beautiful tempting cakes make me want to learn to bake as well. So i would like to have a nice big fridge.

can you believe that i actually start to look for fridges even before i start to look at IDs/contractors. I think i have been to 4 Courts, 2 Harvey Normans, Mega Discounts, Audio House, called a few neighbourhood electrical shops and do research online. In the end, my first choice was

http://www.sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodD...4&mode=Feat

When i went to pay for it after decided, the sales person told me its very big and some hdb main door cannot fit this at all. :bangwall:

I went to ask the seller to measure the main door and its true!! :jawdrop: The fridge is too big and even taking out the fridge door, doesn't help.

Then i have to research again on which fridge would be more suitable for me. In the end, this was 2nd best.

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products...s.aspx?oid=2689

Phew!!! I didn't know choosing a fridge will take me nearly a month. :dunno:

you are living alone rite? so actually do you really need such a big fridge...? just for your consideration cos fridge is switched on 24-7 and consumes quite a bit of electricity, and bigger fridge = more electricity used = more $ ~

and... my personal opinion on fridge with side-by-side door: i think it's very nice to look at but it effectively reduces the usable space for the container/bottle racks... hope you get what i mean. so side-by-side type only sensible for a wide fridge, and this goes back to my previous question: do you need such a big fridge? :P

besides this model, any front load models for comparison???

i'm using a Brandt front load and they have this "flash 40" mode that washes clothes in 40 mins. i always wash full load in this function cos i dun feel my clothes are THAT dirty :lol:

if you're used to Japanese top load... you'll feel that front load wash cycles are VERY LONG *faint*

you are living alone rite? so actually do you really need such a big fridge...? just for your consideration cos fridge is switched on 24-7 and consumes quite a bit of electricity, and bigger fridge = more electricity used = more $ ~

and... my personal opinion on fridge with side-by-side door: i think it's very nice to look at but it effectively reduces the usable space for the container/bottle racks... hope you get what i mean. so side-by-side type only sensible for a wide fridge, and this goes back to my previous question: do you need such a big fridge? :P

That's the reason I need big fridge. As I live alone, I buy food to cook and usually cannot finish. So I need fridge to keep it. And I don't do grocery shopping daily so will buy quite a bit at one go.

And I entertain a lot, so lots of drinks I put in the fridge. My current fridge that is 400L is too full. That's why I need bigger one.

if you're used to Japanese top load... you'll feel that front load wash cycles are VERY LONG *faint*

but they use less water....haha....tt's the key for me. lower water consumption.

That's the reason I need big fridge. As I live alone, I buy food to cook and usually cannot finish. So I need fridge to keep it. And I don't do grocery shopping daily so will buy quite a bit at one go.

And I entertain a lot, so lots of drinks I put in the fridge. My current fridge that is 400L is too full. That's why I need bigger one.

we used to cook for 4 pple daily (2 to 3 meals per day) and go market only once a week, the fridge is also ~400L and still got some free space! you really have a lot of food stuff~! :lol:

but ya lor drinks can take up a lot of space....

but they use less water....haha....tt's the key for me. lower water consumption.

Japanese and ang mohs different focus...

Japanese: got a lot of water but electricity is tight - so top load machines save electricity but use a lot of water.

Ang mohs: got a lot of electricity but even have difficulty getting clean drinking water - so front load machines use more electricity but save water.... :lol:

In SG: both electricity and water are expensive.... :~

Edited by marshmallow

we used to cook for 4 pple daily (2 to 3 meals per day) and go market only once a week, the fridge is also ~400L and still got some free space! i can see that you really have a lot of stuff~! :lol:

Japanese and ang mohs different focus...

Japanese: got a lot of water but electricity is tight - so top load machines save electricity but use a lot of water.

Ang mohs: got a lot of electricity but even have difficulty getting clean drinking water - so front load machines use more electricity but save water.... :lol:

In SG: both electricity and water are expensive.... :~

Haha.... I don't know how to say. Bad of me, hor??

Haha.... I don't know how to say. Bad of me, hor??

but like i say, drinks take up a lot of space. if you keep a few packs of different drinks, half the fridge gone liao :(

we didn't have this problem cos everyone drinks hot stuff.... or just water hahahaha :lol:

i wish fridges can have a bigger freezer compartment though, cos that's the place where we normally store food for a long period of time... :unsure:

My progress so far:

i have met up with 3 designers and 3 contractors. Only given quotes for 2 of the designers which are in the range of $50-60k. A bit tad expensive and now i have to rethink about all that i want to do and where i can save money. Definitely having such expensive renovation is not very friendly to my wallet.

Here are some pictures taken when i went to sign the OTP. Nice view and i love the quietness and yet convenient to mrt station.

P1210481.jpg

So coincidental...I was staying at Blk 108B at McNair Road until last yr, which is really just stone throw away from your blk....also, my in-law is staying at Blk 3 St Georges Lane, whic is less than 30sec walk after crossing the longkang......cool.... :D

So coincidental...I was staying at Blk 108B at McNair Road until last yr, which is really just stone throw away from your blk....also, my in-law is staying at Blk 3 St Georges Lane, whic is less than 30sec walk after crossing the longkang......cool.... :D

I move out of old airport road to McNair, you do the other way round? I think u will love it there too.