Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rayfox

Is Wiw (walk In Wardrobe) Good Or Bad

wiw alway look so nice in hollywood movie but when come to reality esp singapore weather and enviroment is it suitable ?

will love the optional of homeowner that have or going to have one made

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wiw alway look so nice in hollywood movie but when come to reality esp singapore weather and enviroment is it suitable ?

will love the optional of homeowner that have or going to have one made

I am going to have one. Depends on what you mean by good or bad. I know if your WIW opens to toilet, then it will get moist inside and will make your clothes smells. So, to me, i have 2 choices, one is to install extractor fan in toilet or buy a dehumidifier. Most probably will buy dehumidifier as i can use it elsewhere as well especially during wet weather. but if you on aircon all the time, then it might help to lower down the humidity in the WIW/ bedrooms.

if you don't have door for your wardrobe, it will collect dust easily.

Agreed.. that's exactly what my hubby says also.. but i thought as long as we have a glass panel / door in front of the WIW, wouldn't that solve the dust & moist problem? what do you think?

lazy or untidy people better dont have wiw cuz it will make everything look worse instead of better cuz in order to hv a nice wiw u have to make a effort to make sure everything is hang nicely and neatly according to colour and style and all fold hv to be the same and all hanger look the same , also hv to clean the wiw more often or it will be the heaven for dustmite and insect, so i think u need to spend more time to take care of a wiw than a wardrobe in order to make it look nice and functional .

Edited by timtim

lazy or untidy people better dont have wiw cuz it will make everything look worse instead of better cuz in order to hv a nice wiw u have to make a effort to make sure everything is hang nicely and neatly according to colour and style and all fold hv to be the same and all hanger look the same , also hv to clean the wiw more often or it will be the heaven for dustmite and insect, so i think u need to spend more time to take care of a wiw than a wardrobe in order to make it look nice and functional .

WIW is totally unpractical to the standard singaporean. There are alot of reasons why..

1) Without door, cloths collects dust easily

2) Singapore is a humid country so the cloths can become damp due to weather.

3) Creepy crawlers have a higher chance to hide among the cloths.

WIW is totally unpractical to the standard singaporean. There are alot of reasons why..

1) Without door, cloths collects dust easily

2) Singapore is a humid country so the cloths can become damp due to weather.

3) Creepy crawlers have a higher chance to hide among the cloths.

Creepy crawlers = bed bugs, dust mites :unsure:

will mothballs help?

i think mothball dont work on dustmite and bedbug at all and smelling too much mothball is not good for health

with the open concept it will create more dust in the room cuz dust is trap on all the fabric , just like a room with lot of curtain alway hv more dust, so be prepare to do more cleaning work if wanna a wiw , what the point of just having the idea or concept of having a wiw and leave it look like a mess and in public view as well just keep in behind close door and u can mess it up as much as u want and no one can see it

Edited by timtim

Creepy crawlers = bed bugs, dust mites :unsure:

I'm more concern abt LIZARDS

Then if got kids, you will need to keep them out of bound.

will mothballs help?

Mothballs only work on cockroaches.

Try not to put mothballs at home because they give out poisonous gas. I only realised how poisonous they were after googling online.

There was a period of time (4 months) when I kept getting asthma attacks and medicine didn't seem to control my asthma. Root cause: 20 mothballs in my bedroom. :bangwall: My asthma attacks stopped after the mothballs were removed.

Edited by forgotten

Mothballs only work on cockroaches.

Try not to put mothballs at home because they give out poisonous gas. I only realised how poisonous they were after googling online.

There was a period of time (4 months) when I kept getting asthma attacks and medicine didn't seem to control my asthma. Root cause: 20 mothballs in my bedroom. :bangwall: My asthma attacks stopped after the mothballs were removed.

carpet also no good for people with asthma and young children cuz of the dust mite and dust easily trap inside

I had a wiw for my current house. The ID construct a partition wall with sliding door for the wiw. After 2 years of usage the door does not slide very well. Have to use very huge force to open. So now we never close the door. Thinking back 5 years ago I should just put a curtain for the wiw. Hasstle free in the future.

I'm thinking to do WIW in my master bedroom also, dun know it will be practical for me.

Thanks for d above information also, i will definately re-consider about it.

My friend asked me to do WIW with doors, i told him what is the point to do WIW if it is with doors?

I'm thinking to do WIW in my master bedroom also, dun know it will be practical for me.

Thanks for d above information also, i will definately re-consider about it.

My friend asked me to do WIW with doors, i told him what is the point to do WIW if it is with doors?

LOL WIW with doors is just a waredrobe.... Zzzzzz :bangwall:

Before We had kids, we thought about wiw.... so nice, morden etc... but with kids.... its a sure a no no.

I have my girl going to my waredrobe and take pieces of cloths out 1 by 1 !!!! so we can sit together to fold them again... its a game to her... Zzzzz :(

So thank goodness I did not have 1.. haha