Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

So good leh.. so fast can have opennet already. i only will have opennet near the end of the year. but i did cater for a cable for the opennet although i am not sure whether it will work or not. if it doesn't i am not sure how i am going to handle that.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is it useful to install the optical fibre? I am contemplating whether to install since i will be starting my reno.

Definitely useful to install optical fibre; my children are enjoying the superb speed while surfing the net. No more grumbling from them so far.

So good leh.. so fast can have opennet already. i only will have opennet near the end of the year. but i did cater for a cable for the opennet although i am not sure whether it will work or not. if it doesn't i am not sure how i am going to handle that.

Sister, no worry, you can definitely find a solution when time comes.

On the contrary, when I was doing my house reno, there was no invitation for the FOC installation. One year after moving in, we received the OpenNet letter but it was kinda too late. Decided not to take up the offer, primarily because it would mean that I have to employ some contractors to open up the false ceiling.

You are right with the 'hard to resist' part. Fibre broadband, somehow, has become more affordable and it is hard to resist to ignore its speed potential. Just as in your case (unfortunately for me, I have to pay for the installation) I have recently switch from ADSL to fibre and found myself happier. :sport-smiley-004: But, at the expense of visible trucking.

Fortunately, OpenNet guys are good. They cater to my needs to minimize cable truckings. Click Here To View The Installation

Agreed that the OpenNet guys are good. Fast hand fast leg and installation was completed within 3 hrs. U paid $250 for the installation? So it's true that they are very 'on' and strict about collecting the $$ when owners did reject their first invitation...

Don't worry, Like what Mae jie said, things will flow when it happens...

HDB delivered a good news this afternoon. The leaking issue for my below unit neighbour is none of my business!! :sport-smiley-004:

3 weeks back, my neighbour left a note claiming of water leaking from the ceiling at his service balcony... My hubby and I were super sianz on seeing it... However, we are kind of relief when Henry said that he will settle for us... Henry contacted my neighbour on the very next day and paid him a visit that night... KPO Hubby also went down to the unit to see the leaking issue.. True enough, water was dripping at the side of the wall.. As there isn't any water piping above that particular wall, Henry and hubby also suspected that it was caused by our unit since we are directly above his unit. Henry then arranged for the tiler to check on kitchen basin, washer and common toilet drainage points. Tony (Henry's site supervisor) went to the tiles shop to buy extra pieces of tiles in case the tiler needs to hack the tiles around the respective floor traps. 3 tilers came two days later and do a lot of stuff at the kitchen and toilet flooring.. Took them a total of 3 hours.. I wasn't around as I was very brought down with work.

Hubby and I flew to Taiwan the next day for a one week vacation. Despite all the stuff they have done, my neighbour still smsed my hubby 3 days later that the water leaking didn't even stop and instead got heavily. We also received a lot of missed calls from Henry and Tony when we were in Taiwan. They were more anxious than us wanting to solve the water leaking issue.

As the water leaking continued during my week of absence (there was totally no usage of water), Henry informed the neighbour to report to HDB as we are at wits end to solve this within ourselves. Finally, it was confirmed that it's his water pipe issue :furious: Henry is very angry now as he said that he spent about $200+ engaging the tilers for nothing...

Following this incident, we are very grateful to Henry and his team for their prompt actions. Despite their busy schedules, they made frequent trips to my house (accomodating my 9pm timing as we work late) to ensure everything runs smoothly. There was even once Tony came to my house with blood stained shirt (he was involved in a minor accident earlier on that day which required 5-10 stitches on his neck) just to make sure that the tilers did install the 'long neck' in the floor traps... We later learnt that he came to our place directly from hospital.

All these make us feel that we made the right choice engaging Henry for our reno work. It is indeed commendable that he is still responsive after half a year completion of reno and he took it upon himself to resolve the water leaking with my neighbour.

Now just hope that he won't ask me to pay the $200 that he has incurred ;p ... Ha! Ha!

Edited by friends78

aiyoh, your poor contractor!! do all these and in the end, it was not your unit problem.

so many eyes seen it also thought its your unit that makes it leak.... hahahaha...... next time we all know lah. got leaking, try to off our own pipes first.

Agreed that the OpenNet guys are good. Fast hand fast leg and installation was completed within 3 hrs. U paid $250 for the installation? So it's true that they are very 'on' and strict about collecting the $$ when owners did reject their first invitation...

We tried to call OpenNet and begged them :sport-smiley-004: to waive the charges. They told us that it is possible should it be less than a year from the date of the FOC.

The lesson that we learned from here -- Should anyone would want to have fibre broadband and that the house is not wired yet, it is good to go through an ISP. OpenNet currently have a three-months' waiting list. Whereas with a contract subscription with an ISP, installation is much reduced to about two weeks.

Yup, we had to pay for the installation :bangwall:

aiyoh, your poor contractor!! do all these and in the end, it was not your unit problem.

so many eyes seen it also thought its your unit that makes it leak.... hahahaha...... next time we all know lah. got leaking, try to off our own pipes first.

Yah loh... At first I was still telling you that I hope it's my problem so that I can change tiles ...Thot the process will be easy.. Check > Hack >Replace... But it was not like that! The testings were too time-consuming and tedious for us and when they mentioned they might want to tear down my kitchen cabinet... I got frightened...

I was so happy when I received the call from HDB and immediately whatsapp u the good news...

We tried to call OpenNet and begged them :sport-smiley-004: to waive the charges. They told us that it is possible should it be less than a year from the date of the FOC.

The lesson that we learned from here -- Should anyone would want to have fibre broadband and that the house is not wired yet, it is good to go through an ISP. OpenNet currently have a three-months' waiting list. Whereas with a contract subscription with an ISP, installation is much reduced to about two weeks.

Yup, we had to pay for the installation :bangwall:

Thanks for sharing! I'm happier on learning that the FOC thingy was indeed true :)

HDB delivered a good news this afternoon. The leaking issue for my below unit neighbour is none of my business!! :sport-smiley-004:

3 weeks back, my neighbour left a note claiming of water leaking from the ceiling at his service balcony... My hubby and I were super sianz on seeing it... However, we are kind of relief when Henry said that he will settle for us... Henry contacted my neighbour on the very next day and paid him a visit that night... KPO Hubby also went down to the unit to see the leaking issue.. True enough, water was dripping at the side of the wall.. As there isn't any water piping above that particular wall, Henry and hubby also suspected that it was caused by our unit since we are directly above his unit. Henry then arranged for the tiler to check on kitchen basin, washer and common toilet drainage points. Tony (Henry's site supervisor) went to the tiles shop to buy extra pieces of tiles in case the tiler needs to hack the tiles around the respective floor traps. 3 tilers came two days later and do a lot of stuff at the kitchen and toilet flooring.. Took them a total of 3 hours.. I wasn't around as I was very brought down with work.

Hubby and I flew to Taiwan the next day for a one week vacation. Despite all the stuff they have done, my neighbour still smsed my hubby 3 days later that the water leaking didn't even stop and instead got heavily. We also received a lot of missed calls from Henry and Tony when we were in Taiwan. They were more anxious than us wanting to solve the water leaking issue.

As the water leaking continued during my week of absence (there was totally no usage of water), Henry informed the neighbour to report to HDB as we are at wits end to solve this within ourselves. Finally, it was confirmed that it's his water pipe issue :furious: Henry is very angry now as he said that he spent about $200+ engaging the tilers for nothing...

Following this incident, we are very grateful to Henry and his team for their prompt actions. Despite their busy schedules, they made frequent trips to my house (accomodating my 9pm timing as we work late) to ensure everything runs smoothly. There was even once Tony came to my house with blood stained shirt (he was involved in a minor accident earlier on that day which required 5-10 stitches on his neck) just to make sure that the tilers did install the 'long neck' in the floor traps... We later learnt that he came to our place directly from hospital.

All these make us feel that we made the right choice engaging Henry for our reno work. It is indeed commendable that he is still responsive after half a year completion of reno and he took it upon himself to resolve the water leaking with my neighbour.

Now just hope that he won't ask me to pay the $200 that he has incurred ;p ... Ha! Ha!

Good to know that Henry still respond after 6 mths completion of reno. yamseng.gif

Hi Friends78, very nice house deco there! :)

May I know if your veneer doors were included int he quote as well? Or this is a separate item you got directly from supplier? Able to share the contact and how much is it?

Thanks!!

Thks. Yes, the doors r from Henry too. In fact, I didn't outsource anything. Everything including the windows grilles are from my contractor. Price for the bedroom doors shd be less than $300 each.

Hi Friends78, very nice house deco there! :)

May I know if your veneer doors were included int he quote as well? Or this is a separate item you got directly from supplier? Able to share the contact and how much is it?

Thanks!!

Friends78

Nice kitchen you have got. Love your island and full of envy..,,

Have you tried your Panasonic microwave? Is it the one with steam and grill function?

Yes, have been using my microwave quite frequently. As I don't cook, the microwave is my best friend for all the instant products. Quite good. Come with steam and grill function.

Friends78

Nice kitchen you have got. Love your island and full of envy..,,

Have you tried your Panasonic microwave? Is it the one with steam and grill function?

Hope i'm not too late to wish all Happy New year! Reviving my blog as I will be doing up a wardrobe in my study room after CNY and to update the 'regrets' so that new owners can take note of it... Nothing to do with ID note lah... Sorry guys, not much of juicy news...I'm still in good term with Henry cos my hubby adores him and prefers him to manage when come to Reno but he is the 'behind the scene good guy' and the responsibility of negotiating and asking Henry to touch up/ rectify here and there for some minor work aka as the bad guy is me....

Stay tuned.....