Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

The painting is mainly for touch up.. We moved our stuff around and kenan the wall..so asked the painter to come back to touch up... As for solid surface, it is the black island top lah, scratch marks very obvious leh... so we kept asking the guy to polish it.. But now we give it up liao...cos we know the problem is the colour... Black very hard to maintain... Markings/dirt very easily seen...

i think dexfuto mentioned before that the melamine cleaning sponge helps for black solid top... do a search in his t-blog leh, i dun remember details~ these cleaning sponges are easily available in Daiso for $2. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my neighbour one is black... already alot of scratches

mine white de.. also hard to maintain... so cautious all the time

need come out with alot house rules so hubby pour coke / ribena will go to the sink area

if not the water droplet kena the solid top and never wipe off, over time will become stain liao

can see my white top at my reno blog

sighhhh still need to repost all my pics back

Many thanks to Mae Jie, Eugene, Sleek, Knownothing, Cingseu, Mashy, May_dream and all their SOs for taking the time to visit my humble place and the gifts:) Apologies if I have missed out anyone cos there were too many nicks to remember...Also to Ely, Boyblunder for the wonderful gift and the yummy durian puffs... Sorry Adidaem, I think we didn't have much chance to talk... Too many people around... :sport-smiley-004: Enjoyed ourselves very much:) Hope to see you guys again :thumbs up:

PS: Mashy, to think that we even have the same floor mat! Aiyoh.... How can we not be long lost sisters? Thanks for showing me how to use my microwave ;P Hee... Hee...

Edited by friends78

Thanks for having us all over, your house is very very nicely done up. I totally forgot to pass you a little token earlier, will pass to you at our next gathering.

Who is going to finish reno soon!? :)

Thanks for having us all over, your house is very very nicely done up. I totally forgot to pass you a little token earlier, will pass to you at our next gathering.

i think Ely will be finishing her reno soon. or else will be csingeu loh...

Thks for the compliments... Guess u guys know y I insisted of coming to mine first... Cos I got no hacking or interesting doors. Ha. Ha. Only playing around with laminates and the furniture and some DIY decals. We are pretty old fashioned (can see from the 'cheena' display pieces that we fancy) so quite glad that most of u still like it...

i think Ely will be finishing her reno soon. or else will be csingeu loh...

Not too sure if csingeu will have us over leh... His face says it all :P Ha! Ha!

Cheena meh? No way loh! As for combining 2 to a bigger room, not for me cos I need all the rooms I can get.

Lucky may who can spare the room for conversion :)

And haha yeah when we were on the way to his place, we joked that we have to just turn up at csingeu's place uninvited!!

Cheena meh? No way loh! As for combining 2 to a bigger room, not for me cos I need all the rooms I can get.

Lucky may who can spare the room for conversion :)

And haha yeah when we were on the way to his place, we joked that we have to just turn up at csingeu's place uninvited!!

ya, i agreed with sleek. your place is nice lah.... so cosy too. cannot compare cos everyone have different taste mah.... mine not family friendly. hehehehe.... looks really like bachelorette's den loh... hehehehe....

So sorry to have missed visiting your place! Chat more with the rest of you next time k? I've to admit was a bit over-whelmed when I first arrived at May's place... :P

ya, i agreed with sleek. your place is nice lah.... so cosy too. cannot compare cos everyone have different taste mah.... mine not family friendly. hehehehe.... looks really like bachelorette's den loh... hehehehe....

I disagree... it's more like a bachelorette's DREAM den... :D

Thanks for inviting us over!

It was fun and enjoyable.

Your home is nice la, and dun look cheena. Rather it blends subtle Chinese elements into the your modern design, and it's very well done. Most importantly, have the kind of 'homely' feeling.

Sis friends78

Thank you for inviting us over to your lovely abode yesterday! You are as beautiful as your house!

Thank you for sharing the cost of food at May's place! I enjoyed it!

hey sis friends78 & hubby!

thanks for inviting me & wifey over to visit your new place!

sorry, we were late... due to the heavy downpour at the west, leading to heavy traffic on PIE, and also the road works ard Bendemeer Road made me go in circle and of coz, my lousy navigation/driving skills... WAHAHAHA...

anyway, i really love your high ceiling; it gives a very lofty and spacious feel to the whole place. :)

I like your kitchen too; the choice of wood laminate and the white solid surface top (that sparkles!) and also the lighting under the suspended bottom cabinets for the "floating effect"... too bad I can't have that, coz my area still using LPG... :(

I don't find your place very cheena leh... the elements are subtly blended in... :)

ohh... and interesting wall decals at the main entrance; my wife's very keen to put up some wall decals too... but i'm like.... :unsure:

And thanks for the great food too!

As for whether I'll invite fellow renotalk forum members over... I definitely will la... but don't know when only (coz i also not too sure exactly when it will be ready... painting pending on monday though)... still quite a few issues/defects to trash out with my contractor... :furious:

the few of us (mae29, sleek, knownothing & wife) who popped by my place for a quick peek at the work-in-progress may understand some of my issues... maybe mae29 has some pics to share. LOL...

nevertheless, I hope i'll be able to have you peeps over some time in mid-June (*cross my fingers it will be ready then*)

Sorry we were unable to make it to your place, Friends78. We had the electrician at the house working on the tripped lights and in fact were so late to May Dream's, that we left the electrician there to finish up. He is 100% trustworthy so we didn't mind. It was still wonderful meeting you and your husband later on. :) You're very funny! Shared some great laughs with you :)

I hope my tiny, tiny little token made up for our absence at your place :P

- Ely

Thanks for inviting us over!

It was fun and enjoyable.

Your home is nice la, and dun look cheena. Rather it blends subtle Chinese elements into the your modern design, and it's very well done. Most importantly, have the kind of 'homely' feeling.

Thanks...It's great chatting with u and your SO... Hope you guys will have a smooth reno journey too :)

Sis friends78

Thank you for inviting us over to your lovely abode yesterday! You are as beautiful as your house!

Thank you for sharing the cost of food at May's place! I enjoyed it!

Thanks. U are most welcome:) Mae Jie, it has been a while since I received compliments saying I'm pretty...U make my day... Also, u don't look like your age.. I'm inspired by u... Decided to grow my hair long, perm it so that I can also execute the charm u had when I reaching the big 4 in few years' time .. Btw, as we are busy chit chatting, I forgot to ask u about some FS questions:P I PM you when I'm free... Thanks in advance...

hey sis friends78 & hubby!

thanks for inviting me & wifey over to visit your new place!

sorry, we were late... due to the heavy downpour at the west, leading to heavy traffic on PIE, and also the road works ard Bendemeer Road made me go in circle and of coz, my lousy navigation/driving skills... WAHAHAHA...

anyway, i really love your high ceiling; it gives a very lofty and spacious feel to the whole place. :)

I like your kitchen too; the choice of wood laminate and the white solid surface top (that sparkles!) and also the lighting under the suspended bottom cabinets for the "floating effect"... too bad I can't have that, coz my area still using LPG... :(

I don't find your place very cheena leh... the elements are subtly blended in... :)

ohh... and interesting wall decals at the main entrance; my wife's very keen to put up some wall decals too... but i'm like.... :unsure:

And thanks for the great food too!

As for whether I'll invite fellow renotalk forum members over... I definitely will la... but don't know when only (coz i also not too sure exactly when it will be ready... painting pending on monday though)... still quite a few issues/defects to trash out with my contractor... :furious:

the few of us (mae29, sleek, knownothing & wife) who popped by my place for a quick peek at the work-in-progress may understand some of my issues... maybe mae29 has some pics to share. LOL...

nevertheless, I hope i'll be able to have you peeps over some time in mid-June (*cross my fingers it will be ready then*)

Thanks... Specially for your wife... this is where I got my decals:- http://www.wallvolution.com/category/wall-stickers-decals

But it's not easy pasting it... So wall paper might be a better alternative... Hope u see you guys soon:)

Sorry we were unable to make it to your place, Friends78. We had the electrician at the house working on the tripped lights and in fact were so late to May Dream's, that we left the electrician there to finish up. He is 100% trustworthy so we didn't mind. It was still wonderful meeting you and your husband later on. :) You're very funny! Shared some great laughs with you :)

I hope my tiny, tiny little token made up for our absence at your place :P

- Ely

Luv your gift:) just nice for my masterbedroom... Really hope your reno will be smooth sailing from this week onwards... And... you are very beautiful and gorgeous! Now I know y all the reno guys kept looking at you... How not do?? :sport-smiley-004: Even I, a woman, was captivated by u :rolleyes: