Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Hdb Abolishes Sibling Scheme

yup, there is nothing wrong with them getting the best from the system, they're just being smart ;)

and what the forummers are saying here is just to point out that for some countries, there is no difference whether to give up their home citizenship or not. no bad feelings here...

and, while many pple are too quick to point the blame to PR, we have to realise that the fault doesn't lie in PR, it lies in those know who came out with the policies........ *ahem*

I have a few PR friends and they are actually having hard times in terms of finding a suitable unit also, when more of these policies came out they almost gone hopeless.

I think the govt shld not cut off or reduce the PR things but instead shld increase the citizen's grants/benefits/rebates, PAP so rich wat why can't they do it? *ahem ahem* *cough cough* I meant Singapore so rich wat sure can give more rite? Just some thoughts only ;) 没有人会做赔本生意吧

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have a few PR friends and they are actually having hard times in terms of finding a suitable unit also, when more of these policies came out they almost gone hopeless.

I think the govt shld not cut off or reduce the PR things but instead shld increase the citizen's grants/benefits/rebates, PAP so rich wat why can't they do it? *ahem ahem* *cough cough* I meant Singapore so rich wat sure can give more rite? Just some thoughts only ;) 没有人会做赔本生意吧

Singapore is rich only on a "foreign reserves per person" calculation. The absolute foreign reserve is a different matter.

The more grants they give, the more they will adjust GST upwards. Afterall, government coffers all come from its taxpayers. :)

Another sore point coming up is PR is allowed to own other property and rent out their HDB. Many old PR has completed their tour of duty here and returned to home base to their landed houses. Yet they are still holding on to HDB and renting them out for income. Given the shortage and they don need the HDB, it is better that they should release their HDB back to the market.

Another sore point coming up is PR is allowed to own other property and rent out their HDB. Many old PR has completed their tour of duty here and returned to home base to their landed houses. Yet they are still holding on to HDB and renting them out for income. Given the shortage and they don need the HDB, it is better that they should release their HDB back to the market.

Ya, asking my friend to sell but she also doesn't want to.

who want to sell.

Once you sell the HDB, the $$ go back to CPF. Which u only can take out after 55 yrs old.

Keep for rental better. Hard cash.

but for PR, if they return to home country, it's very difficult to extend the re-entry permit when it expires (usually after a 5 or 10 yrs period).

once the re-entry permit expires, they have to release the HDB cos they are no longer PR. In fact, that is why my previous owner has to sell the flat....

who want to sell.

Once you sell the HDB, the $$ go back to CPF. Which u only can take out after 55 yrs old.

Keep for rental better. Hard cash.

only for west malaysian, have to wait till 55 to draw the CPF. for east malaysian and PR from other countries, once you go home and cancel PR (or when re-entry permit validity ends), you can take the full CPF immediately.

but for PR, if they return to home country, it's very difficult to extend the re-entry permit when it expires (usually after a 5 or 10 yrs period).

once the re-entry permit expires, they have to release the HDB cos they are no longer PR. In fact, that is why my previous owner has to sell the flat....

only for west malaysian, have to wait till 55 to draw the CPF. for east malaysian and PR from other countries, once you go home and cancel PR (or when re-entry permit validity ends), you can take the full CPF immediately.

Oh, so the max they able to keep the flat is for few years then when the re-entry permit expires, then have to sell the flat? they are east malaysians leh. then how??

Oh, so the max they able to keep the flat is for few years then when the re-entry permit expires, then have to sell the flat? they are east malaysians leh. then how??

yup. for any PR, regardless whether you are East/West malaysian, Indians, Eskimos... you are not supposed to keep the flat once your "PR-ship" is expired. the difference is other PRs can take the money and go, while west malaysians gotta wait till 55.

actually i didn't know until my seller told me. he also said he knows there are pple who didn't sell, but he is not in favour to play with the law.... since market is good now, just quickly sell, rather than later kenna found out and forced to sell when market is bad.

yup. for any PR, regardless whether you are East/West malaysian, Indians, Eskimos... you are not supposed to keep the flat once your "PR-ship" is expired. the difference is other PRs can take the money and go, while west malaysians gotta wait till 55.

actually i didn't know until my seller told me. he also said he knows there are pple who didn't sell, but he is not in favour to play with the law.... since market is good now, just quickly sell, rather than later kenna found out and forced to sell when market is bad.

ya, i told her to sell since market is good but she says maybe she will come back after few years. But in my heart i am thinking, if your business is doing well, you will not come back loh.... anyway, at least i know this.

so for both PRs, as long as 1 is not PR already then will have to sell?

Yes. As long as one of the owner is not longer PR. need to sell.

ya, i told her to sell since market is good but she says maybe she will come back after few years. But in my heart i am thinking, if your business is doing well, you will not come back loh.... anyway, at least i know this.

sorry really don't know in such detail~ cos for my seller's case, both husband and wife's PR-ship is gone liao.

if your friend has intention to return, then she should go and extend the re-entry permit and dun let it expire leh... else next time re-apply again, very very troublesome...

maybe if her business is doing well, she comes back to expend in SG :lol:

sorry really don't know in such detail~ cos for my seller's case, both husband and wife's PR-ship is gone liao.

if your friend has intention to return, then she should go and extend the re-entry permit and dun let it expire leh... else next time re-apply again, very very troublesome...

maybe if her business is doing well, she comes back to expend in SG :lol:

don't know when is her expiring..... i think she will want to extend it lah... so when its time then i guess she will go extend. let her and her hubby worry abt it lah.

don't know when is her expiring..... i think she will want to extend it lah... so when its time then i guess she will go extend. let her and her hubby worry abt it lah.

she will need an employment letter/proof that she has her own business in SG to extend the PR. yea lor, let them worry about it :P

anyway, for info, found this in an online forum:

Quote:

"if you cannot get ICA to renew your REP (re-entry permit), you will not be able to leave the country and return as a PR, effectively rendering your PR-less.

When HDB gets wind of that fact from ICA, they will re-assess your eligibility to own your HDB. If you co-own it with a Singaporean spouse, HDB may ask your spouse to nominate another PR or citizen to take your place.

If HDB decides that you losing your PR makes your spouse ineligible to own the HDB on his own, they will ask your spouse to sell it in the open market.

If the flat is not eligible to be sold on the open market due to non-compliance of the MOP, then your spouse will need to sell it back to the HDB."

she will need an employment letter/proof that she has her own business in SG to extend the PR. yea lor, let them worry about it :P

anyway, for info, found this in an online forum:

Quote:

"if you cannot get ICA to renew your REP (re-entry permit), you will not be able to leave the country and return as a PR, effectively rendering your PR-less.

When HDB gets wind of that fact from ICA, they will re-assess your eligibility to own your HDB. If you co-own it with a Singaporean spouse, HDB may ask your spouse to nominate another PR or citizen to take your place.

If HDB decides that you losing your PR makes your spouse ineligible to own the HDB on his own, they will ask your spouse to sell it in the open market.

If the flat is not eligible to be sold on the open market due to non-compliance of the MOP, then your spouse will need to sell it back to the HDB."

both also PRs lah.. so if one already not PR then most probably have to sell loh. :)