Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Hdb Abolishes Sibling Scheme

I would prefer single PR should not have the right to buy HDB.

Don't underestimate them.

I know 1 china couple. Wife convert to Singaporean. Husband PR.

So they can buy direct HDB.. price cheaper. Take HDB loan. Take CPF Grant and simi grant they can take

Wife expecting..

if baby girl. Give birth in Singapore. Got baby bouns and edu $, etc

if baby boy, take leave, go back to china and give birth. Declare the boy as china citizen. Avoid NS.

good at finding loopholes to benefit themselves. :)

but the good things comes at a price la, they have to leave their homes.

If we leave SG for China, maybe we can get expat package? :)

PR + Citizen give birth in Singapore => child automatically becomes Singaporean? Not too sure about this.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So they can buy direct HDB.. price cheaper. Take HDB loan. Take CPF Grant and simi grant they can take

Wife expecting..

if baby boy, take leave, go back to china and give birth. Declare the boy as china citizen. Avoid NS.

the only way for single PR to buy HDB is through the sibling scheme, which HDB has already shut the doors now.

i believe citizenship would not be granted as easily as PRs. Not all PRs would want to convert to citizens as they have to give up their citizenship elsewhere..

well, since they become citizens, we should look at them in the same light le. Notwithstanding no NS served. :P

good at finding loopholes to benefit themselves. :)

but the good things comes at a price la, they have to leave their homes.

If we leave SG for China, maybe we can get expat package? :)

PR + Citizen give birth in Singapore => child automatically becomes Singaporean? Not too sure about this.

from what i observe, many of the PR who have concern in giving up their own citizenship are malaysians. for the rest (e.g. PRC and Indians), it's not a big price to pay: cos even if they give up their original citizenship, there is not much difference even if they were to return to their home country later.

on PR + Citizen give birth in Singapore, the children is eligible for both citizenship until they turn 18, they will have to make a decision on which one to keep.

Edited by marshmallow

i believe citizenship would not be granted as easily as PRs. Not all PRs would want to convert to citizens as they have to give up their citizenship elsewhere..

well, since they become citizens, we should look at them in the same light le. Notwithstanding no NS served. :P

Citizenship is not granted easily but still a lot of people getting the citizenship. Maybe they should look at it that if only 1 convert for a PR couple, they should not grant it cos means that they want take advantage of being a citizen and yet still want to have best of both worlds.

Wife expecting..

As long as 1 parent is Singaporean, and baby born in Singapore, will auto be singaporean until 15 years old. then the child have to decide whether want to continue to be singaporean or not. Even if the son is born in China, if the son is brought back to stay in Singapore, he has to be PR too. If he is PR, he cannot escape serving NS unless that child is left permanently in China.

If the child born oversea, the child will have both country citizenship. The child has to decide which citizenship to take before 21 yrs old birthday.

The parent provide a choice for the son.

However, I know some china chinese even they has converted to Singaporean. They still have their 户口 (registered residence)at their home town.

When the china government give anything, they will get it too. (If I didn't misunderstand her)

Even if the son is born in China, if the son is brought back to stay in Singapore, he has to be PR too. If he is PR, he cannot escape serving NS unless that child is left permanently in China.

how abt apply student pass for the son?

They do plan to let the son stay in China until schooling time

from what i observe, many of the PR who have concern in giving up their own citizenship are malaysians. for the rest (e.g. PRC and Indians), it's not a big price to pay: cos even if they give up their original citizenship, there is not much difference even if they were to return to their home country later.

on PR + Citizen give birth in Singapore, the children is eligible for both citizenship until they turn 18, they will have to make a decision on which one to keep.

ya, i think so too. most PR that don't want to give up citizenships are malaysians, not the rest.

not 18 years old lah, 15 years old when they have to apply for IC. Maybe for girls is 15 and boys at 18? i am not sure as both my nieces are girls so they have to decide at 15 years old.

how abt apply student pass for the son?

They do plan to let the son stay in China until schooling time

so long as you are 2nd generation PR/citizen, you have to serve NS unless you give up SG PR/citizenship altogether.

ya, i think so too. most PR that don't want to give up citizenships are malaysians, not the rest.

not 18 years old lah, 15 years old when they have to apply for IC. Maybe for girls is 15 and boys at 18? i am not sure as both my nieces are girls so they have to decide at 15 years old.

oh... maybe that was old policy. my frens (one guy, one gal) were asked to choose at 18 yrs old. you know la, SG immigration policy changes all the time :lol:

one fren even better. they let them hold until 21 yrs old (after NS) to give the final answer. he served NS, then gave up SG citizenship and keep Malaysian citizenship :D

However, I know some china chinese even they has converted to Singaporean. They still have their 户口 (registered residence)at their home town.

When the china government give anything, they will get it too. (If I didn't misunderstand her)

that's what my friend said too. he even said actually it's better for him to convert to SGrean cos if he goes back to China, pple will treat him as someone with good "overseas experience" :lol:

so long as you are 2nd generation PR/citizen, you have to serve NS unless you give up SG PR/citizenship altogether.

oh... maybe that was old policy. my frens (one guy, one gal) were asked to choose at 18 yrs old. you know la, SG immigration policy changes all the time :lol:

one fren even better. they let them hold until 21 yrs old (after NS) to give the final answer. he served NS, then gave up SG citizenship and keep Malaysian citizenship :D

i thought was 16 years old but last year my niece was asked to decide so she took it so given the singapore IC loh.

i thought was 16 years old but last year my niece was asked to decide so she took it so given the singapore IC loh.

maybe they keep revising the age downwards... must "edge out" other countries mah~ :lol:

This 1% really makes no diff for the property market but some how create a positive image for current stituation, kind of cheapo advertisement before next GE. ;)

For some of you may think PR enjoying the best of both world which i think is quite unfair for them also. They dun have grants from govt, they dun have tax rebates, they dun have Singapore shares etc etc..... yet they also face the same high property price and the cost of living here. There are many reasons why they dun give up their original citizenship mainly bcos their immediately family is still back homeland, for that they have a choice and keeping it.

They paid a price (leaving their family and bear the long distance separation, works that some Singaporean dun want to etc.) for migrating here whether perm/temp and similiarly Singaporean can also choose to migrate to a place that best suit living in future. There is no right or wrong but there is a choice.

Or let just say if you have a choice to keep the best of both world, would you give up and take one only? I guess all of us will keep the best interest of ourselves right? Some may like to define this as a "selfish act"?

This 1% really makes no diff for the property market but some how create a positive image for current stituation, kind of cheapo advertisement before next GE. ;)

For some of you may think PR enjoying the best of both world which i think is quite unfair for them also. They dun have grants from govt, they dun have tax rebates, they dun have Singapore shares etc etc..... yet they also face the same high property price and the cost of living here. There are many reasons why they dun give up their original citizenship mainly bcos their immediately family is still back homeland, for that they have a choice and keeping it.

They paid a price (leaving their family and bear the long distance separation, works that some Singaporean dun want to etc.) for migrating here whether perm/temp and similiarly Singaporean can also choose to migrate to a place that best suit living in future. There is no right or wrong but there is a choice.

Or let just say if you have a choice to keep the best of both world, would you give up and take one only? I guess all of us will keep the best interest of ourselves right? Some may like to define this as a "selfish act"?

yup, there is nothing wrong with them getting the best from the system, they're just being smart ;)

and what the forummers are saying here is just to point out that for some countries, there is no difference whether to give up their home citizenship or not. no bad feelings here...

and, while many pple are too quick to point the blame to PR, we have to realise that the fault doesn't lie in PR, it lies in those know who came out with the policies........ *ahem*

Edited by marshmallow

there always no prefect policy.

one person's meat might be one person's poison.

regarding "They dun have grants from govt"

For singaporean, once the household more than $8k, they also don't have any grants from govt.

Basically for Singaporean who household more than $8k, the status is the same as PR in term of HDB purchase.

there always no prefect policy.

one person's meat might be one person's poison.

regarding "They dun have grants from govt"

For singaporean, once the household more than $8k, they also don't have any grants from govt.

Basically for Singaporean who household more than $8k, the status is the same as PR in term of HDB purchase.

I have been both PR and citizen. When i was a PR, not getting grants, benefits and all are expected as i am not citizen. My home country will provide the citizen benefits, if the home country is good ie UK, NZ, AU etc (don't count on Malaysia though)

The govt have to look after the citizens as all countries in the world. THere is no countries that will not favor citizens over PRs (its like own children and step children).

But as a citizen, of course i would hope that govt would do more. Not only household >$8k no grant, for singles like me, salary >$3k also no grant. Also both also cannot buy BTO... can only buy resale which usually costs more. That is the way the rules are as there are no way rules can satisfy everyone. Just have to live with it and find own happiness in our own way.