Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dr.tran

Some One Open Our Door In The Middle Of The Night!

thanks for all your feedbacks, my Mum-in-law got a priest to come our place to take a look, they had CLEANSED it.

we hv nt exactly move back in since.. cos we do not have alot of valuables in there. only a almost empty fridge, washing machine and a small old LCD tv in our room & a queen size bed. Rest of the electronics from Harvey Norman are arriving this afternoon.

We did nt change the lock that time coz it didnt cross our minds abt this theft issues. Also we tot SG is safe mah.

But we had change the locks, mentioned on other threads, we visited CONTAT Decor @ Bedok last week.

The Sales guy is super knowledgeable & professional & really understood our "situation", thou he did laugh @ d spooky events.

We didn't go for Digital cos the handle of the lock is too near to the gate. So we when with this designer handle that is very compact & stylish.

Anyway, We invested $400+ for the new gate lock & door lock, to share with you guys i got the following.

Door lock

1. Graza italy Do9oi LP $88 - handle is Stainless steel which is more updated! the old one is old tarnish gold from HDB

2. PRO-SAFE mortice $35 - also S/steel, got 2 time lock, so look more secure

3. Mul-T-Lock 7x7 thumbturn w 5 keys $95 - hi-security cylinder, cannot duplicate unless u got the Mul-T-Lock card & must bring our NRIC appointed agents to duplicate

gate lock

4. Mul-T-Lock 7x7 2sided key $75 - for gate as well. this one is 2 sided key

additional items

5. Key alike charges for 2 Mul-T-Lock $50 - this is make the 1key open both the door and the gate, save space in my key pouch.

6. Installation Charges for all $80 - there are some alterations since we change the handle of the door.

fb%20pix.jpg

Handle design is on this weblink, we think its very cool cos it Squarish but not sharp at all also bend in tail adds a cool detail.

http://contatdecor.blogspot.com/2010/09/ne...ation-with.html

will try to upload my lock later until i figure out how.

Hi,

Saw ur post above mentioning about using one key to open both the main door and the gate, can I ask does this comprises of all the items from (1) - (4) or just an addition of item (5) on top of ur items (1) - (4)?

Cos my wife is looking for a door lock and gate lock which can both use the same key to open.

Cheers :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Saw ur post above mentioning about using one key to open both the main door and the gate, can I ask does this comprises of all the items from (1) - (4) or just an addition of item (5) on top of ur items (1) - (4)?

Cos my wife is looking for a door lock and gate lock which can both use the same key to open.

Erm I wouldn't suggest having the same key for both locks. It will reduce the security level provided by the locks.

*Touch wood* What if we lose the key accidentally?

Pls do not trust that owners/agents will return you all the keys after they sold the house. Do juz add a padlock or change the lock.

My hubby always forgot to lock the door after walking the dog! Hence, I was so mad so he decided/promised to install a digital lock in a few months time after we did our renovAtion...It will auto lock if you forgot...

I dun believe that its 100percent safe in singapore. SOmetimes, I reAlised that rude sales person or even newspaper distributor tried to open yr door..It happened to me once or twice...

Erm I wouldn't suggest having the same key for both locks. It will reduce the security level provided by the locks.

What to do.... my wife used to stay with her grandma for some time and the place is using this system..... tried to convince her that using two keys is safer but she is just too lazy to even carry two separate keys...kept saying one key enough..... so wat to do..... wanted to change the main door lock set and get another lock for the main gate but she kept saying to get those system which uses one key alone.....

Haiz......... *dilemma*....... thinking of the big picture but kenna stopped by the laziness...... wat to do.......

Cheers.........

change all lor

Some time back my husband also interested on this product. Carry less key, how nice.

I told him.. ya very nice.

wait until ur son one day come back and told u

daddy I lost my key

Then u will know. ;)

How to change the lock for the metal gate? We were told by our contractor that he cannot change the metal gate built in lock so we would need to buy a new metal gate. Can anybody advise or got good lobang for Sembawang area HDB?

What to do.... my wife used to stay with her grandma for some time and the place is using this system..... tried to convince her that using two keys is safer but she is just too lazy to even carry two separate keys...kept saying one key enough..... so wat to do..... wanted to change the main door lock set and get another lock for the main gate but she kept saying to get those system which uses one key alone.....

Haiz......... *dilemma*....... thinking of the big picture but kenna stopped by the laziness...... wat to do.......

Cheers.........

change all lor

Some time back my husband also interested on this product. Carry less key, how nice.

I told him.. ya very nice.

wait until ur son one day come back and told u

daddy I lost my key

Then u will know. ;)

Tell your husband/wife that MR. Burglar will also say "Carry less key, how nice" LOL. ;)

Edited by forgotten

How to change the lock for the metal gate? We were told by our contractor that he cannot change the metal gate built in lock so we would need to buy a new metal gate. Can anybody advise or got good lobang for Sembawang area HDB?

Hi,

It's not the built-in meal gate lock that u need to change, jus get those Duro lock for ur metal gate.....

They have those which u can just change the key cylinder on ur wooden door - if that's the right term.

then both the metal gate and main door will be open by the same key already.....

I did managed to find one shop pop queensway shopping center, selling the Duro lock at 198 with that function. without it cost 188.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Tell your husband/wife that MR. Burglar will also say "Carry less key, how nice" LOL. ;)

Then Bo Bian..... spend money buy another lock loh..... hahahaha....... LL

Hi,

It's not the built-in meal gate lock that u need to change, jus get those Duro lock for ur metal gate.....

They have those which u can just change the key cylinder on ur wooden door - if that's the right term.

then both the metal gate and main door will be open by the same key already.....

I did managed to find one shop pop queensway shopping center, selling the Duro lock at 198 with that function. without it cost 188.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Yes Thank you for your advice. My problem is that maybe the original metal gate lock key has been given to other people so I want to change the metal gate lock but don't want to lose a padlock. Also want to avoid change whole gate if possible.

so u install main door lock with 1. Graza italy Do9oi LP $88 and PRO-SAFE mortice $35? need to do the patch and repaint door right?

so u install main door lock with 1. Graza italy Do9oi LP $88 and PRO-SAFE mortice $35? need to do the patch and repaint door right?

Thank you Dean for your advice, will discuss with my contractor.

Thank you Dean for your advice, will discuss with my contractor.

i wanted to ask TS whether he install Graza italy Do9oi LP $88 and PRO-SAFE mortice $35 for their main door because when i enquiry, contatdecor told me need to do the patch and repaint door and his painter to quote paint main door.

Edited by dean

Hi,

Item 5 is applied on item 3 & 4

i wanted to ask TS whether he install Graza italy Do9oi LP $88 and PRO-SAFE mortice $35 for their main door because when i enquiry, contatdecor told me need to do the patch and repaint door and his painter to quote paint main door.

Yes, got sm holes patch by the side. my contractor came back to touch up for us cos the wall paint is patchy also..