Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaydenmom

Xclusive Home Furniture @ Kallang

Hihi.... Is rozel same as old brighton???? I also have same unhappy experience at Brighton which also has another name doe their store in Jalan peminpin.... Very friendly sales turn black face if we don't buy... Very angry I almost go find that guy challenge to boss if not my mums hold me back there don't get myself into trouble.... Sometimes the sales person make it worst... Buy online better

Rozel and Nova are the same company.

Brighton is now King

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hihi.... Is rozel same as old brighton???? I also have same unhappy experience at Brighton which also has another name doe their store in Jalan peminpin.... Very friendly sales turn black face if we don't buy... Very angry I almost go find that guy challenge to boss if not my mums hold me back there don't get myself into trouble.... Sometimes the sales person make it worst... Buy online better

Rozel and Nova are the same company.

Brighton is now King

bought living set from them last week, consist of 3 seater incliner, coffee table and TV console. got served by eric, who self-intro himself as the boss.. chatted for 3 hours & we learnt some reno ideas from him. service level was pretty good, hopefully our items and delivery are just as good..... *cross fingers*

I visited the Xclusive Jurong East Branch 1 month ago. And luckily i did not buy anything, judging from waht i have read here.

it was my 6th sense that kicked in- i actually saw a 'natural' marble that i liked very much and after i checked, it was not natural at all.

It's a gimmick - they use the word natural when its actually glossed over (i.e cultured).

so is it natural + gloss = considered natural marble or is natural marble + gloss = cultured marble.

In fact i was put down by one of the salesmen there who called himself a 'designer' and worked for many famous designers before and was only there part time as an ádvisor' doing me a favour by teaching me this and that.

Lucky i controlled my temper and in the end just walked out but demanded for his business card which he gave me in the end..and on that card his title was 'sales man',

I think there is a lot of hype, a lotta pressure tactics used by this firm. THey say that they rarely go for sale cuz their stuff is high end. Well guess what. Sale is still going on.

In the end, i went for something else - guaranteed quality, nicer people and rave reviews for their service. They can cut their stuff by another 50% in price, and i still wont touch them.

I had a very bad encounter from Xclusive at Jurong East. I went in to look for a L-shape sofa. I was attend by 1 sale girl. Then after a while a 2nd sale girl appear and they seem like putting up a show for us to see. We ask for the price and went looking around again. Then 1 sale girl came back and say he spoke to the manager on the phone and he agreed to give us a discount. So we discuss it slightly further but I still want to consider it first. The face all started to turn black and say they already make so much effort to get discount for us and we still want to consider. They get more ppl to corner us to one side and start to force us to sign. They tone are more toward threaten us. I have already black list this shop. I heard they are under same management as Rozel.

hubby & I went to xclusive at jurong branch too. But that was in June(house not yet collect key). As they are the first shop among the 4 shops there, we went in.

Hubby was bz looking and testing on the furniture, while I was bz chatting with the pretty msian sale gal. Apparently the first thing that caught our eyes is a queen bed frame, with crystal. I fall in love with it IMMEDIATELY. Hubby knew that I would insist that I want that, he just keep numb.

So after we see see look look, our damage include L-shape sofa, 1 dinning table, 1 bench + 4 chairs, 1 coffee table, 1 bed frame & 1 queen size mattress. Hubby's bargain skill is definately good. I shalln't disclosed how much he bargain, but he can bargain to the stage that Mr Eric(a handsome looking and strong built guy, ohya, I think he's the boss) come out to talk abt the price. I shall not say much abt the service, 50% pushy but not to the stage that u wan to give them a tight slap.

However, we notice that the L-shape sofa is too big, so the next time(we live in jurong too), we went back thinking can ask for refund, but cannot, so choose a 3+2 sofa(a bit big), but bo bian... Hubby bargain skill come back again, the price for these 2 items has some difference. So we insist that we want a floor rug. But after a long bargain with Mr Eric, we finally secured it with a top up of a minimal fee. Mr Eric still explain to us how much he profit from this sales. Haha... funny guy right.

I'm expecting their products to be delivered to me on 3 Nov. Hopefully the products are in tip top condition. Shall upload the picture in later date.

But 1 good lesson we learnt from this trip, bring your floor plan!

i and my bf bought matress, bed, coffee table and L shape sofa from Jurong brunch, the sales guy is very handsome and cute, and the most important is he is patient to answer my questions,the retail price summary for my furnitures is reach 5000, but he disguss with his manager, at the end we get a 3050 dollars for matress, bed, coffee table and L shape sofa, but i still want they give us some free gift like side table or chair, but however they just give me 2 pillow, we really happy for this experience, someone if go there , i highly reccomend the malaysian handsome sales guy, really good.

Thank you bro Therat for explanation. We learn something important.

Furniture retailler price tag has to include GST by law.

They cannot display this price tag then then issue invoice add 7% GST.

Even the price tag say exclude GST, also cannot.

If they act blur , call IRAS

If they say don't such thing.

Ask them to read this

http://stprdstaff.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/furniture-retailer-fined-displaying-taxless-prices

In the first case of its kind, a firm was fined $4,000 for displaying prices that contravened the rules of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).

A district court heard that Silver River Furniture advertised its products in The Straits Times early this year with prices that excluded GST.

Officers from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) who visited its showrooms in Macpherson also found price displays that featured the footnote: 'All prices are exclusive of GST.' Prices of items featured on the firm's website also had a footnote saying that prices excluded delivery and GST.

Company director Ang Thow Kok, 50, pleaded guilty to committing the offences in two press advertisements, and also at the showroom and on the website.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=824

For GST-registered businesses

GST registered business must show GST-inclusive prices on all price displays (e.g. price tags, price lists, advertisements, publicity brochures, website). Prices that are quoted, whether written or verbal, must also be GST-inclusive. Failure to do so is an offence and offenders may be fined for up to $5000.

I kenna the GST thing also. Dun like such retailer too but then their price tags do indicate that GST is not included yet (legally not sure if that is allowed).

But overall I still feel I got good deals, so never really go and argue much.

Was worried initially too as I paid 100%, but lucky things turned out ok.

Furniture retailler price tag has to include GST by law.

They cannot display this price tag then then issue invoice add 7% GST.

Even the price tag say exclude GST, also cannot.

If they act blur , call IRAS

If they say don't such thing.

Ask them to read this

http://stprdstaff.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/furniture-retailer-fined-displaying-taxless-prices

In the first case of its kind, a firm was fined $4,000 for displaying prices that contravened the rules of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).

A district court heard that Silver River Furniture advertised its products in The Straits Times early this year with prices that excluded GST.

Officers from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) who visited its showrooms in Macpherson also found price displays that featured the footnote: 'All prices are exclusive of GST.' Prices of items featured on the firm's website also had a footnote saying that prices excluded delivery and GST.

Company director Ang Thow Kok, 50, pleaded guilty to committing the offences in two press advertisements, and also at the showroom and on the website.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=824

For GST-registered businesses

GST registered business must show GST-inclusive prices on all price displays (e.g. price tags, price lists, advertisements, publicity brochures, website). Prices that are quoted, whether written or verbal, must also be GST-inclusive. Failure to do so is an offence and offenders may be fined for up to $5000.

I kenna the GST thing also. Dun like such retailer too but then their price tags do indicate that GST is not included yet (legally not sure if that is allowed).

Fortunecat, am happy for you that things turned out well and you got a good deal. Bottomline is to be happy and satisfied with one's purchases. Am sure u're enjoying the product of your choice and feeling blessed now :) That's great!

As for your doubt, I think it is legally acceptable to state "Price before GST". I've seen other retail shops indicating that on their price tags. It is alright as long as clearly stating the price is before or after GST, rather than not stating it clearly and create a wrong assumption/confusion to the consumer.

cheers! :)

I paid 30% deposit for the sofa set. Haven't deliver coz haven't get key for the house yet. Keeping fingers cross on the sofa set. I paid the deposit in the end bcoz even after adding GST the total price is about the same as the expo promo price, so in terms of price it is not an issue since same price(infact $30 cheaper than expo)

Edited by fortunecat

Ya he told me that too, but then i never watch the show so can't verify if it's true or not.

Hope you get your stuff without problem :)

I paid 30% deposit for the sofa set. Haven't deliver coz haven't get key for the house yet. Keeping fingers cross on the sofa set. I paid the deposit in the end bcoz even after adding GST the total price is about the same as the expo promo price, so in terms of price it is not an issue since same price(infact $30 cheaper than expo)

Edited by Kel13

Thanks for your reply Fortunecat! :)

Ya he told me that too, but then i never watch the show so can't verify if it's true or not.

Hope you get your stuff without problem :)

Edited by fortunecat