Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah seh.. U guys got no other topic ah.. How come from Reno can go to "sai" ah? :rofl:

Ya lah, so many of these men cannot find a suitable "reading chair" so what to do? Got to go into details loh.

• Like 1

Your "sai" as heavy as stone??

i never carry before la. i wun really know. one kg?

Wah seh.. U guys got no other topic ah.. How come from Reno can go to "sai" ah? :rofl:

It's our precious black gold la.

Hey Sistas n Bro, u all very naughty la, my t-blog become "Pang Sai" Blog ? :rofl: but I like it, pls continue to discuss... aside to RB, "sai" means poo in Hokkien .... :rofl:

Let's adjourned the "sai" discussion for awhile Bro n Sis.... :D

Staircase railings up today.... This was 1 of the more significant "headaches" during our reno decision...

we wanted badly a tempered glass railings, with wall holding bolts, totally frameless.... but that's really too expensive to construct.... then we thought of stainless steel wires railings, but that's too raw and too industrial, will look outta place, stainless steel straight lines railings is clean and nice, but also pretty expensive.....

to cut cost, we settled for this simple wrought iron straight line design and request for silver paint...

IMG-20110519-00577.jpg

IMG-20110519-00576.jpg

IMG-20110519-00579.jpg

IMG-20110519-00580.jpg

The bad thingy about not having an ID is that we'll have to visualise everything ourselves.... if it turn out well, fine, but if turn out ugly, only can :bangwall:

but there's also a thrill as to how our choice and design turn out to be.... and as our contractor is really experience in this field, he also help to give really valuable advice... :)

Let's adjourned the "sai" discussion for awhile Bro n Sis.... :D

Staircase railings up today.... This was 1 of the more significant "headaches" during our reno decision...

we wanted badly a tempered glass railings, with wall holding bolts, totally frameless.... but that's really too expensive to construct.... then we thought of stainless steel wires railings, but that's too raw and too industrial, will look outta place, stainless steel straight lines railings is clean and nice, but also pretty expensive.....

to cut cost, we settled for this simple wrought iron straight line design and request for silver paint...

IMG-20110519-00580.jpg

The bad thingy about not having an ID is that we'll have to visualise everything ourselves.... if it turn out well, fine, but if turn out ugly, only can :bangwall:

but there's also a thrill as to how our choice and design turn out to be.... and as our contractor is really experience in this field, he also help to give really valuable advice... :)

Nice wor!!! ths silver paint really does it job la. i got one question though? how come got one more extra hole de?

Nice wor!!! ths silver paint really does it job la. i got one question though? how come got one more extra hole de?

Yes bro, I also think it's the silver paint... Bro the hole is left over as a result of taking out the previous round railing, I ask my contractor to ask the parquet guys to try and patch back.... hopefully the "scar" not so obvious... :)

Bro, Kobe

I joined in the 'Pang sai' discussion here!

You know I have 3 monkeys at home. Our old WC was installed by HDB contractor because of leakage. I remember almost every other day I have to visit the common toilet where my children used, to clean up the 'sai'' stain on the sides!!

Surprisingly, after renovation, I don't see the 'sai'' on the bowl anymore.

My personal experience too!! Now I know why my WC costs so much!

Yes bro, I also think it's the silver paint... Bro the hole is left over as a result of taking out the previous round railing, I ask my contractor to ask the parquet guys to try and patch back.... hopefully the "scar" not so obvious... :)

Nice railing wo!!

Bro, Kobe

You know I have 3 monkeys at home. Our old WC was installed by HDB contractor because of leakage. I remember almost every other day I have to visit the common toilet where my children used, to clean up the 'sai'' stain on the sides!!

Now you are scaring me. liddat how i dare scrimp on WC wor. I dun want to clean sai everyday!

Hi RB, yes, I check with HDB, it's approve for my block as there are EAs and EMs in the block.... EAs can only have their compressor outside, so for the whole block , it's approve. I'm not sure if this applies to those block with only EM units... :)

Hey bro, thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas. I will also check if I can install the compressor outside so I can have a nicer balcony. :sport-smiley-004:

Btw have you found your balcony furniture yet? Apart from the big LED cubes, we will also be getting a set of Emu table n chairs from Marquis. After looking at a few places for outdoor furniture, we like the Emu stuff the best. Galvanised iron and powder coated. E.g.

114595_0_4-1012-modern-patio-furniture-and-outdoor-furniture.jpg

They have loads of other designs.

Bro, Kobe

Now you are scaring me. liddat how i dare scrimp on WC wor. I dun want to clean sai everyday!

Lai lai lai, lets continue our discussion on "sai".... Bro BB, u no need to clean, u buy a very POWDERFUL spray gun (dunno what it's called - those sprayer beside WCs)..... spray on those sticky "sai", confirm can remove... cos I try before :o so the moral of the story is ; buy a powerful hand spray and ask your plumber to fix them beside your WC during reno... :D

Pang Sai Lesson 1

A powerful spray for toilet is essential :

Using-the-Toilet-Sprayer.jpg

Hey bro, thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas. I will also check if I can install the compressor outside so I can have a nicer balcony. :sport-smiley-004:

Btw have you found your balcony furniture yet? Apart from the big LED cubes, we will also be getting a set of Emu table n chairs from Marquis. After looking at a few places for outdoor furniture, we like the Emu stuff the best. Galvanised iron and powder coated. E.g.

They have loads of other designs.

Sis Adidaem, wow Marquis very ex leh.... :dribble: but if you ask me, my ideal chair at balcony is ball chair :

ball_desk-chair.jpg

but the problem is dunno if I have enough budget for the ball chair... :(

Sis Adidaem, wow Marquis very ex leh.... :dribble: but if you ask me, my ideal chair at balcony is ball chair :

ball_desk-chair.jpg

but the problem is dunno if I have enough budget for the ball chair... :(

Sis Adidaem, another chair that IMHO is very nice for Balcony is this :

konstantin_grcic_designer_of_the_year_02.jpg

but so far I never seen any lookalike.. ... :D

Bro, the cost of the 2 chairs n table I'm eyeing is definitely cheaper than one Ball chair leh... go to the Marquis Tai Seng showroom and have a look? They have some package promos now.

Did you go to Lush to find the chair you like? It's just across from the Marquis showroom, so can visit both at the same time. I rem seeing the replica Ball chair at Lush, but the chair u like I don't recall... But we realise must be careful about the chairs, cos some of the chairs when we see online in pics very nice (e.g. the Emu Heaven series), & in real-life also look very nice, but sit on it butt very pain after 3 min... 8|

Hee, sorry to interrupt the interesting pang sai discussion. Very fun to read... can I crown you the WC King? :notti::D:P