Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

OK, so no more island kitchen. this is the alternate version, which is attaching a full height larder/service area next to the former island. now its more of a peninsular.

i want to lighten the dark tone wood to an ash or light oak colour. wife and i were talking about what to feature on the larder's side.

sky planters?

translucent glass to offer a peek on what's inside?

shelving for nice knick knacks?

blackboard?

ideas are welcome!

Edited by rottenramone

OK, so no more island kitchen. this is the alternate version, which is attaching a full height larder/service area next to the former island. now its more of a peninsular.

i want to lighten the dark tone wood to an ash or light oak colour. wife and i were talking about what to feature on the larder's side.

sky planters?

translucent glass to offer a peek on what's inside?

shelving for nice knick knacks?

blackboard?

ideas are welcome!

Lightening the wood tone sounds like a good idea for the kind of look you guys are after..

The laminates for the cabinets, maybe not so glossy? Somehow not as charming when its glossy..

The larder, I would've suggested shelving for many nice old jars.. Doesn't seem to go.. Hehe.. I like old glass jars.. :P

A blackboard is always nice, take note of residual chalk dust in the cooking area though..

Have fun!

Hmm. We Suggested that to ID but he says that having a blackboard is a bit boring. He hasn't seen Ely's board I reckon :)

but still we kinda agree with him. I dunno what to write or draw after a while. We hope for this feature to be functional as well.

Hmm. We Suggested that to ID but he says that having a blackboard is a bit boring. He hasn't seen Ely's board I reckon :)

but still we kinda agree with him. I dunno what to write or draw after a while. We hope for this feature to be functional as well.

You and your wife can leave messages for each other daily before or after work or something like that, its a sweet gesture and helps to start everyday on a good note.. :thumbs up:

Today we went to Bencoolen Street to check out (ie. window shop) at Space Furniture. Of course, 80% of the stuff was out of our budget, but I fell in love with this lamp - Flos 265. It's adjustable at both the tip of the triangle and the wall bracket. The lamp itself is actually 2m long.

1605.jpg

It's about $1400+ after disc which of course is out of our budget. Have not seen any of the local shops try to do an imitation of this yet though. (If you do, let me know where you have seen it).

Space is also having a sale for some of its iconic items. The Acro floor lamp is going at $2,300, while the Panton Chair is going at $260 thereabouts. Both are going at half price.

So nice , u really know where to find nice lamps ! :good: but price out of my pocket also.. ... :(

Hmmm, I'll start to find some look-alikes... :o will alret u if I manage to find one :D

Went back yesterday to have a quick look at the house....

Everything's been hacked, doorframes have been removed... Materials uplifted to the flat, sand, cement, tiles etc.

IMG_1005.jpg

And the surprise! Our balcony has been retiled! :) That was rather quick.

IMG_1003.jpg

But we also discovered a long crack at the corner of the wall, after they removed the balcony door and doorframe.

IMG_1020.jpg

So nice , u really know where to find nice lamps ! :good: but price out of my pocket also.. ... :(

Hmmm, I'll start to find some look-alikes... :o will alret u if I manage to find one :D

I think my weakness is nice lights... :dribble: :dribble:

Unfortunately most tend to be rather expensive too...

I've even expanded my search to online sites but shipping is prohibitive... :P

frigginfuchsia, it's exciting, isn't it? Watching your home come alive from the pictures and the concepts! :)

Works in the kitchen have been delayed for a while while we sort out our kitchen layout, but some tiles have been up.

IMG_1001.jpg

Although if you look closely, some of the tiles are not cut to the same size. I wonder if it is because they are at the corner and will be covered by the tiles of the adjoining wall...

IMG_1008.jpg

In any case, gotta check with the ID...

We've been scouting around for lights and electronics the past week. Lights is a big headache in my opinion, cuz there isn't much that seem to catch our fancy. So it's scouting after scouting. Think this week we will visit Pan Tech in Jurong East.

The good thing though, is that we just bought 2 Artemide Mesmeri Wall Light at a good price from another new homeowner who imported them directly from Italy. :)

l_ARTMESMERI.jpg

I was crazy about the Veillux Flyol Pendant Lamp for a while, after seeing it on timothyng27's t-blog. I mean it looks really nice as a pendant lamp, with the various origami-like lamps, as shown below.

photo-4.jpg

But I never managed to visit Park Mall to see the real thing. Since hubby was in the vicinity, I thought to ask him to check it out for me.

He sent me this mms.

photo-3.jpg

OMG. Never would I have guessed it would be that big. Funnily, he told me there are two sizes, big and bigger. Big ends at close to his chest.

Talk about product misrepresentation!

The only good thing though, is that they are quite affordably priced for their size. ~$350 thereabouts for the bigger size.