Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

here's a pic of the desk. wife (not li lin) will use it as a dresser.

i shall call the dresser "allan".

Lol!

Glad to see you are back with updates!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

So u visited Allan wu's house? Wow!!! So lucky to see him in real. Hehe....

So which contractor you choose in the end?

i've been wondering who strikingreality and rottenramone are over the past few days as i see your comments on others blog but dont see your blog link :). you guys have an interesting 4A layout, good luck to your reno and enjoy your new home!

So u visited Allan wu's house? Wow!!! So lucky to see him in real. Hehe....

So which contractor you choose in the end?

Hello! :) I didn't see him, but hubby (rottenramone) met him (and the family). He took the above photo and tagged me on the abs. :P

As for contractor/ID, our ID is not commonly found here. So I will reserve mentioning him until we finish our renovation. My hacking is starting on Monday and I just hope for a shun shun no hiccup reno.... :bow:

Hi.. Ts... ur hse concept same as my in law.. cos they are staying at bt batok blk 185... i saw ur pic liao, look so familiar.. so which blk u staying???

Our flat is around the same area... :)

i've been wondering who strikingreality and rottenramone are over the past few days as i see your comments on others blog but dont see your blog link :). you guys have an interesting 4A layout, good luck to your reno and enjoy your new home!

Thank you! :)

..As for contractor/ID, our ID is not commonly found here. So I will reserve mentioning him until we finish our renovation. My hacking is starting on Monday and I just hope for a shun shun no hiccup reno.... :bow:

Wish you a shun shun li li reno journey too.. :thumbs up:

Thank you! We're starting hacking on Monday!

Me too! So excited. So we'll probably complete around the same time and move in after 7th month too. Hee, we'll visit each other's place when done up k? Can't wait to see how your purchases will come together cos I really like many of the stuff you got. Good deals too! Happy for you both. :good:

My hubby buys as many reno mags as well! :) Feel is equally important! It's cuz of feel that we bought our sofa, coffee table, shag rug etc, sometimes even without consulting our ID on whether it will fit in etc.....

Err... I've reno mags since 2008? And I keep them... I even brought one really old one to my IDs to let them know what's the look that we want to go for and they were quite surprised that I've such old mags. Found the mags to be helpful when I needed to check what dark toilets or white kitchens will look like etc. Plus I just enjoy reading them. I even bought a tonne of books during the last Page One sale. :rolleyes:

Even now that the design is finalised, I still find myself picking up those home design n furnishing mags and lusting after the latest Milan fair products etc... :P

I wish I live in the east, then I wouldn't have to spend half hour travelling across the island everytime there is an Expo Sale.

Anyway, went to check out aircons at IMM on Monday. Salesman was very nice to tell us that there is an expo sale on Saturday, so here we are.

And we ended up with the following items.

Sharp System 3 Inverter - Air Con looks pretty okay. I like the air purifying feature.

AH-XP_web.jpg

Samsung UA40D5500RM 40". Hubby likes the apps feature, and it's so freaking thin!

samsung_large_image.jpg

02_large_image.jpg

LG Direct Drive Front Load Washer - WD1070. Hubby likes the direct drive feature, though I was eyeing the Electrolux at first.

lg-direct-drive-washer-dryer-wd-1070qdp-large.jpg

Edited by strikingreality

Today we went to Bencoolen Street to check out (ie. window shop) at Space Furniture. Of course, 80% of the stuff was out of our budget, but I fell in love with this lamp - Flos 265. It's adjustable at both the tip of the triangle and the wall bracket. The lamp itself is actually 2m long.

1605.jpg

It's about $1400+ after disc which of course is out of our budget. Have not seen any of the local shops try to do an imitation of this yet though. (If you do, let me know where you have seen it).

Space is also having a sale for some of its iconic items. The Acro floor lamp is going at $2,300, while the Panton Chair is going at $260 thereabouts. Both are going at half price.

Edited by strikingreality

We've been looking for a fridge for a while. My criteria is very simple, just one actually. It needs to be bottom freezer (so that the veg compartment is at my waist level thereabouts; hubby and I are rabbits). In terms of fridge size, we're looking for something that is between 370 - 420L thereabouts. Don't need too big, as it's only the two of us, and we live pretty close to a wet market and an NTUC so there is no need for us to stock up on groceries or food.

Currently we have cut down our shortlist to the following 2 brands - Panasonic and Fisher and Paykel.

Panasonic - NR-C376MX-S6

NR_C376MX_S6_wb.jpg

Inverter Compressor

Adjusts the rotation speed to circumstances with different rotation speeds

Energy Saving, Quick Freezing, Low Noise Operation

Hygienic Auto Ice Maker

Washable Ice Making Tray and Washable Water Supply Pipe

Enables removal of parts and thorough washing

Quick freezing with -40C cool air blow to keep food fresh and tasty

Reduces drip and less frost formation on meat and fish

Fisher and Paykel - E402BRE

E442BRE_exterior_600px_400.jpg

Active Smart™ system

Frost Free

Humidity Control System

Full Extension Runners

Why these 2 models was because they are made in their home countries (Japan and New Zealand, respectively) rather than in Thailand, Malaysia etc which is the case for established brands like Mitsubishi etc.

Hubby is quite interested in the inverter compressor for Panasonic which he thought is quite impt since the fridge is going to be used 24/7.

Anyone have used any of the above two and have any comments?

Other brands that I should look at (must be bottom freezer)???