Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
synapse

Cement Base For Fridge And Washing Machine

hi

I see most (if not all) people are doing a cement base for the fridgeand washing machine but was wondering if actually this serves any purpose at all?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi

I see most (if not all) people are doing a cement base for the fridgeand washing machine but was wondering if actually this serves any purpose at all?

i think they are useful only if u flush and wash your kitchen. if you are doing simple mopping and cleaning, they are not necessary. I opt not to have them :)

Mopping the floor is not really clean enough. Occasionally you should wash it thoroughly like once or twice a year during spring cleaning?

Cheers:) Emobebe

hi

Yes it does especially when you hose wash your kitchen. where there is no contact of water with your fridge and w.m., thus reducing the possiblility of rusting to them

thinking in another perspective, the w/m and fridge just rest on an 'elevated' ground.

the 'elevated' ground would get dirty over time as well and thus requiring a hose wash, that will also induce rust, so wats e point of the base?

With the kitchen cabinet beside the fridge nowadays , if u drop something impt below. U can retrieve it easily by pushing the fridge out , but with a base how are u going to push it back?? That's why I chose not to have a base also I dun splash water all over during cleaning. So I dun need it :)

I had washing machine base b'coz it was left behind by the previous owner. No choice.

Fridge base, we don't want.

Personally we prefer not to have base for both.

Reason: Next time want to buy a new one. No need to worry, base big enough or not.

For mopping the floor, Fridge is much more easy then the washing machine.

Fridge just push it out then can mop liao.

Washing machine, u need at least 1 more ppl to hold on the washing machine then you need to fast hand fast mop the base.

We have elevated cement base for fridge, kitchen-cabinets-to-be & washing machines.

Used to seeing these items elevated & being able to retrieve things at a comfortable height.

If we accidentally dropped or spilled any wet things like gravy, juices, all these items are probabbly a lot saver on elevated grounds.

Edited by edenstrauss

i wouldnt do a base for my fridge too..find it restrictive on the size of the fridge i might have to buy in the future..

similarly, i also wouldnt do a kitchen cabinets to frame up my fridge...for the same reason also, and it restricts air flow which the fridge needs to cool itself..

when the compressor needs to work harder, it consumes more energy..and your compressor spoils faster...

i wouldnt do a base for my fridge too..find it restrictive on the size of the fridge i might have to buy in the future..

similarly, i also wouldnt do a kitchen cabinets to frame up my fridge...for the same reason also, and it restricts air flow which the fridge needs to cool itself..

when the compressor needs to work harder, it consumes more energy..and your compressor spoils faster...

Hi archenemy,

I have ever asked this question about the air flow of a fridge to the Courts' salesman. He said from side to side but I am not sure cos I didn't read up the technical part of the fridge manual.

Same as you, I won't do kitchen cabinets on the top of fridge cos it will restrict the height of the fridge but I will do the base cos I believe on washing floor occassionally...I guess up to individual preference.

Cheers:) Emobebe

i remember reading from somewhere that you must always leave a gap between the fridge and the wall to allow air to cool..

if i follow that theory..i think it will be good to allow air to circulate behind the fridge for better cooling..

yeah..the pedestal stand is really up to individual preference..

my up coming house's kitchen is too **** small..i might not even have space to put the fridge inside the kitchen! so its not possible for me to hose wash the area just outside my kitchen...

i remember reading from somewhere that you must always leave a gap between the fridge and the wall to allow air to cool..

if i follow that theory..i think it will be good to allow air to circulate behind the fridge for better cooling..

yeah..the pedestal stand is really up to individual preference..

my up coming house's kitchen is too **** small..i might not even have space to put the fridge inside the kitchen! so its not possible for me to hose wash the area just outside my kitchen...

Yes, sorry forgot to add on. The salesman did said that 2-3 inches for each side for air ventilation purpose.

for your case yes. I think you put in an area so called dry kitchen..

I didn't wanted to do a fridge base but my friend told me her part time maid while mopping accidentally hit her fridge at the bottom resulting a dent on her SS fridge. Don't ask me how it can be done..but I guess the mop head is very hard and the PT maid use a lot of force while mopping?