Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ugoh

Tempered Glass Gas Hobs - Pros And Cons?

I am keen to get a tempered glass hob for my kitchen (Rinnai 3CG). But worried that there may be problems of condensation under the hob. Anybody using glass hobs have this problem? All feedback on use of glass hobs appreciated.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi there.

my place is using the glass hob from turbo and so far using it has been a breeze as it's easy to maintain and clean.

i have relatives using the glass hobs as well and they have been using it for years and it still works like new.

with glass hobs, as long as you know how to use it and maintain it, it will last just like any normal hobs.

hi there.

my place is using the glass hob from turbo and so far using it has been a breeze as it's easy to maintain and clean.

i have relatives using the glass hobs as well and they have been using it for years and it still works like new.

with glass hobs, as long as you know how to use it and maintain it, it will last just like any normal hobs.

hi,

juz to check usually do u cook for long? i saw from some webs, some of them wrote turbo glass hob cant cook for long and cannot afford to spill on the glass, if not the glass will break. is it true? I have bought turbo glass hob and after reading their stomp blogs, i was like OMG should i change..... Really need ur reply as u r already using theirs. Is there anything that i have take note of when using?

there was an article recently that the glass broke when cooking for too long. think you can search around. Cheers...

Edited by terhan

I wanted to share that my Turbo glass hob exploded yesterday afternoon. I was just 2 feet from the stove.

My hubby thinks I used it too long - boiling herbal tea, fry eggs, steam buns and dumplings. I was transferring pot lid to the sink when it exploded. My guess is perhaps a droplet of water has landed on the hot glass top, igniting the blast.

it's not true that the shattering of glass is restricted to its area. my whole kitchen was covered with glass fragments.

to be fair to Turbo, I had mine for about 9 years doing moderate to heavy cooking. I must add that maintenance is a breeze. Just give it a wipe down and it looks brand new. That's the reason why I chose glass in the first place.

Still shaken from the incident, any recommendation on which brand to buy for heavy cooking - stainless steel of course!

sorry to hear abt that ltang.

hope nobody got injured..

Btw, i heard Fujioh is a good brand...from my in-laws and relatives...they have been using for the past 3 years...mild to heavy cooking and the "fire" is good..

Any feedback from the rest?

we should be getting ours in 1-2 months time for our new home.

Was looking at the Fujioh FG772SVGL (traditional 3 ring mode) or the FG792GL (inner flame mode). But seems like there's been a few "horror" stories about glass hob shattering. Never really liked stainless steel designs as found the design too messy with many nooks and ridges which made them hard to clean. Cleanest design I've seen so far for stainless steel is the Fujioh FG792SS. Looks like I might get that eventually as my wife is a bit accident prone

hi,

juz to check usually do u cook for long? i saw from some webs, some of them wrote turbo glass hob cant cook for long and cannot afford to spill on the glass, if not the glass will break. is it true? I have bought turbo glass hob and after reading their stomp blogs, i was like OMG should i change..... Really need ur reply as u r already using theirs. Is there anything that i have take note of when using?

i'm using my glass for some time already. i remember when i was looking around for hobs, the turbo sales person told me that glass hobs, regardless of brand, can shatter. but of course, it all depends on how you use it and take care of it. if you drop something heavy on it, it may break eventually.

i havent been cooking for long periods of time because i personally don't really cook much. the most will be boiling water and some light cooking.

i have an aunt that is using the glass hob as well and she has been cooking for years on it. i guess it really depends on how you use it because there will always be a certain limitations to the glass hobs like the wok size and all.

I wanted to share that my Turbo glass hob exploded yesterday afternoon. I was just 2 feet from the stove.

My hubby thinks I used it too long - boiling herbal tea, fry eggs, steam buns and dumplings. I was transferring pot lid to the sink when it exploded. My guess is perhaps a droplet of water has landed on the hot glass top, igniting the blast.

it's not true that the shattering of glass is restricted to its area. my whole kitchen was covered with glass fragments.

to be fair to Turbo, I had mine for about 9 years doing moderate to heavy cooking. I must add that maintenance is a breeze. Just give it a wipe down and it looks brand new. That's the reason why I chose glass in the first place.

Still shaken from the incident, any recommendation on which brand to buy for heavy cooking - stainless steel of course!

oh dear. i hope nobody got hurt.

i think maybe you dropped something on the glass hob before as well that led to the glass shattering as well? did you call them up and ask what happened? maybe they can give you a discount after that? then you just get the stainless steel ones.

i dont know much about the glass hob because personally i got it because maintenance will be easy and because i'm not a frequent cooker it's perfectly suits my lifestyle.

my aunt has been using it for years and so far nothing has happened to her glass hob. touch wood. and my family has been using turbo hob for years. all had nothing but good raves about it. my mum uses the stainless steel one from turbo and cooking on it has been a breeze according to her as they have good fire control.

oh dear. i hope nobody got hurt.

i think maybe you dropped something on the glass hob before as well that led to the glass shattering as well? did you call them up and ask what happened? maybe they can give you a discount after that? then you just get the stainless steel ones.

i dont know much about the glass hob because personally i got it because maintenance will be easy and because i'm not a frequent cooker it's perfectly suits my lifestyle.

my aunt has been using it for years and so far nothing has happened to her glass hob. touch wood. and my family has been using turbo hob for years. all had nothing but good raves about it. my mum uses the stainless steel one from turbo and cooking on it has been a breeze according to her as they have good fire control.

i'm usually careful with the glass hob and hardly place anything too heavy on it. the heaviest would be pot of soup but then shouldn't the weight be on the burner only? still have no inkling how it could explode. i thought tempered glass shatters like spiderweb but never expected the blast.

Turbo is honest enough to admit that mine isn't the first case they got but given it's already 9 yrs in use, i can't complain, too. i thought of trying other brands this time round but only Turbo model fits the small cut-out size of mine. hope the stainless steel replacement set works just as good as your mum's :)

hi ugoh,

Rinnai 3CG is one of the lastest technology in japan. further more, the product itself is directly manufactured from japan. all the glass hob comes with lifetime warranty for the glass itself.

hope this would help.

if you are looking for one, u can pm me, i can get u one at a competitive price.

cheers

jerome

Edited by zero453

i'm usually careful with the glass hob and hardly place anything too heavy on it. the heaviest would be pot of soup but then shouldn't the weight be on the burner only? still have no inkling how it could explode. i thought tempered glass shatters like spiderweb but never expected the blast.

Turbo is honest enough to admit that mine isn't the first case they got but given it's already 9 yrs in use, i can't complain, too. i thought of trying other brands this time round but only Turbo model fits the small cut-out size of mine. hope the stainless steel replacement set works just as good as your mum's :)

what matters the most is that nobody got hurt. i guess the hob just like any other hobs wear and tear with time and i'm glad that turbo was honest when you asked about it as well.

my mum has been using a stainless steel hob from turbo for years and we only changed it once when she saw a good deal and sort of upgraded our hob from 2 burners to 3 burners. the reason for sticking to turbo is that my mum finds the flame control of the hobs really good and since it has been working well, why switch to another brand right?

hopefully your new hob will be good!

It is quite dangerous if the glass explodes. I need to think twice.

I think it is quite rare that the glass explodes. i have done so many installation, but seldom receive such cases.

Get from recognizable brands such as Rinnai,Fujioh,Hobz

It is quite dangerous if the glass explodes. I need to think twice.

i halso say so. it's quite dangerous if the hob explodes while cooking but i dont think glass hobs explodes that easily as well.

my aunt has been using the glass hob from turbo from years and so far it has not explode or anything. touch wood. and she is happy with the hob as it's easily maintained and clean. i think the only issue with using glass hobs is to make sure that you don't drop anything heavy onto the hob which may lead to the hob to crack eventually.

and of course, getting it from a reliable brand is important as well.