Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

My Little 2+1 Process Begins....

Will definitely ask u lot of question since u volunteer lol :dribble:

To be honest, my ID really patient. Today, I told him of my new requirement to change the toilet door position. Instead of rejecting me, he explain the process needed such as reapply permit and additional cost to me and he will do it if I want. I told him to proceed and he comply to my request. Maybe more money coming to his company lah. (Ha Ha).

Overall till date I can only said that he impressed me and my family with his professionalism. Cos I really got very tight schedule (to complete all flooring/tilting work by 15 June and carpentry work by 23 Jun 2011).

Just a quick question how fast ur carpentry work complete? I refer from selecting of color ==> measurement ==> install. It seems like all ur carpentry is up but there is some minor hiccup tt u refer. I afraid tt I also will have to hiccup since both of us is the same carpentry.

Hope u resolve ur carpentry issue soon. Take care.

FYI, I also started my T-Blog which I will also upload my pic soon. Refer to below link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41214

hahhaa yours is william right? no worries he shld be fine :) regarding carperntry its **** fast and mine delayed coz its me..hahahahaha i'm slow in choosing the laminates hahahaha =x once u've selected the laminate and submit to carpenter, he takes 1 week to get it done and deliver to your place and another few days to patch them up ( depends on how much carpentry you've done..on the whole 2 weeks very safe i would say ) this carpenter is good i like him ahhah easy to talk to and very willing to teach! :yamseng: :yamseng:

The process depends on how your ID wants to do it..i've seen carpenter once..he took general measurements..by right when you've selected laminates he will come again to re-measure and indicate the selected laminates as well on the second time..then he ie ready to go liao... ! overall carpentry should be your least concern..based on my experience ;) coz my hiccup which i'm still facing now..is not carpentry... :furious: im losing patience on it liao...will see Jeremy and get a conclusion......tomorrow...also seriously...a reliable and responsible partner during reno process helps..stationing my partner on site..is machiam "scare crow" concept...the crows not frightened or affected and its more appalling to know this is the standard the subcons dare to provide even though owner is there........... :bangwall: :bangwall:(sorry abit personal...but I got nowhere to vent.........ARGHHHHHHHHHH) :curse: :curse:

Edited by sng28

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

carpentry assistance! bro and sis can anyone guide me on why are there many of these punctures on the inside of my wardrobe, divider boards? :dunno:

photo33.jpg

photo32.jpg

photo31.jpg

also i have a few of these scratches on my door and no matter hw i used those cleanser/ Jif to clean it just wont come off...

how do we usually get the contractor to resolve such issue? :unsure:

photo30.jpg

Those are screws to hold the two pcs of carpentry wood together.

If it was scratches, then its wont be able to clean off, if dirty, then it shouldn't be a problem. Just reflect it to the carpenter when he installing the other stuffs the next time he come over. :yamseng:

Is yr kitchen cabinet considered suspended kind? Is it necessary to do a concrete base for suspended kitchen cabinets? I really dun like to see the base but several ID said must hv base to support.. Is it true?

Those are screws to hold the two pcs of carpentry wood together.

If it was scratches, then its wont be able to clean off, if dirty, then it shouldn't be a problem. Just reflect it to the carpenter when he installing the other stuffs the next time he come over. :yamseng:

hahah thank you bro! you never fail to assist me !! :yamseng: but bro 1 quick qn my aircon the left bottom corner which there were stains previously..my painter painted over it..and air con man checked it too liao and yeah i dont deny i just on my air con for the first time last sat for servicing and the air-con man claim should be okie but not sure why yesterday i went home i saw that area with big inflated bubbles below the paint.....the room was repainted at least 3 times due to wrong colour....is that one of the reason? paint too thick ? or air-con problem...but its not wet when the bubble was poked leh..so odd.....or can you provide some advise? its a little worrying as i can poke the bubble and tear the paintworks.....forgotten to tk pictures..but my explaination should be quite clear

aircon3.jpg

aircon.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo38.jpg

photo36.jpg

Edited by sng28

Is yr kitchen cabinet considered suspended kind? Is it necessary to do a concrete base for suspended kitchen cabinets? I really dun like to see the base but several ID said must hv base to support.. Is it true?

sorry for the late reply..hmm i'm not sure abt that but i don't mind coz its easier to see cockroaches...LOL or i shld say its tougher for them to hide since its concrete base...=x i'm quite traditional mindset as u can see i've requested for concrete sink support too...so probably i'm nt the best person to ask :rolleyes: nonetheless i've seen many kitchen without base..so i think the 'must hv base to support' aint really true.. :yamseng:

Its depend on how long the cabinet going to be. For more secure and long lasting wise, a base is needed. But still can do as suspended and the base is more at the back rather than the standard cement base.

Suspended Kitchen

hahah thank you bro! you never fail to assist me !! :yamseng: but bro 1 quick qn my aircon the left bottom corner which there were stains previously..my painter painted over it..and air con man checked it too liao and yeah i dont deny i just on my air con for the first time last sat for servicing and the air-con man claim should be okie but not sure why yesterday i went home i saw that area with big inflated bubbles below the paint.....the room was repainted at least 3 times due to wrong colour....is that one of the reason? paint too thick ? or air-con problem...but its not wet when the bubble was poked leh..so odd.....or can you provide some advise? its a little worrying as i can poke the bubble and tear the paintworks.....forgotten to tk pictures..but my explaination should be quite clear

aircon3.jpg

aircon.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo38.jpg

photo36.jpg

The wall is still wet internally when the painter paint it over, when the water dry, it will try to vapour and try to escape. But too bad, that area is the weakest point that why bubbles will form. The reason for that stain mark occurs were the water drainage piping was chocked. So condensation water unable to flow to the drainage, it will back flow and drip from the bottom of the unit itself.

Just need to sealer, plaster and paint back will do. Let it dry first before u on the air-con again.

Its depend on how long the cabinet going to be. For more secure and long lasting wise, a base is needed. But still can do as suspended and the base is more at the back rather than the standard cement base.

Suspended Kitchen

what a pro answer compared to mine lol!!! :D :D :D:good: :good: :good:

Edited by sng28

The wall is still wet internally when the painter paint it over, when the water dry, it will try to vapour and try to escape. But too bad, that area is the weakest point that why bubbles will form. The reason for that stain mark occurs were the water drainage piping was chocked. So condensation water unable to flow to the drainage, it will back flow and drip from the bottom of the unit itself.

Just need to sealer, plaster and paint back will do. Let it dry first before u on the air-con again.

wah okie bro..but i think i on the air-con like 1 week after tha paint job wor...so its the painter's fault to paint it over while its not dry right? ...sigh...painting..painting....issues..thanks for your advice bro! :yamseng:

After this reno, u will be more experience and knowledgeable. :D

Edited by jaskel

After this reno, u will more experience and knowledgeable.

not WITHOUT your help bro...!! must really credit it back to you!! :yamseng:

painting of doors....so tiring.......not becoz i was the one painting..but i was there shining the laundry poles lol! :D will show in my next post..~ btw if you are wondering why so many blue post-sticks..those are reminders about the paints...wrong colour coat not covered...or sides not painted over.......etc etc.. wish i can easily climb and up with a smaller ladder..then it wont be only these few pcs... :bleah:

photo44.jpg

photo43.jpg

photo42.jpg

photo41.jpg

Edited by sng28

Before cleaning...here's the laundry poles...

photo47.jpg

Here's after 2 hours...hahha and mind you..i only did half of the poles..the other extended portion of the poles..not done yet..

photo50.jpg

photo45.jpg

My Common toilet sink and tap :) vanity slab to be changed to black granite slab..

photo48.jpg

found a BIG hole on my main door... :furious: :furious:

photo49.jpg

Edited by sng28

Before cleaning...here's the laundry poles...

photo47.jpg

Here's after 2 hours...hahha and mind you..i only did half of the poles..the other extended portion of the poles..not done yet..

photo46.jpg

photo45.jpg

My Common toilet sink and tap :) vanity slab to be changed to black granite slab..

photo48.jpg

found a BIG hole on my main door... :furious: :furious:

photo49.jpg

Must be really hard work cleaning the poles.