Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

My Little 2+1 Process Begins....

anyone who has completed their reno can help me out with this? Parquet polish is before or after carpentry? Cox I have full ht WIW and bed set...i was told to polish after so it wont be damaged by installation of carpentry......but the current situation now so dustry...WIW is fine..but the bed frame..? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: cant be fit the bed frame ON all the dust and dirt found on existing parquet then only polish the visible area right??

I just trying to ensure its not a 'shortcut' or speedy way as contractor is behind timeline (i'm not even rushing him yet) but the idea of repaint after carpentry is up previously and alerted me (wat u can see is gd...wat u cannot see is......nitemare!) ....hope i'm not too sensitive.....

i think polishing parquet is very dusty... more dusty than your reno dust now~ maybe others can advise better~

actually if those area below carpentry is not polished, i won't be concerned cos you can't see anyway :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I helping a hse owner to look for lockset, at the same time can ask for your too.

erms orh paiseh leh..can when i pass to you ah? thank u thank u :bow:

been a LONGGGGGGGGG while...here are some pics...hmm i'm thinking if i shld change the feature wall colour should be changed to a darker brown..there's a tiny pc in the photo for reference...any feedback from my fellow frens?

Feature wall with console

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

my odd looking shoes cabinet lol

photo9.jpg

MBR

photo12.jpg

photo14.jpg

Toilet Cabinet

photo19.jpg

My kitchen

photo22.jpg

The glass above the sink should be black...contractor will change it accordingly.. :)

photo23.jpg

Next would be the glass backing...its gng to be black too =X yeah i'm a black woman....never die before...so obvious i'm amateur right...choose all the deadly colours...ahahhaha

photo24.jpg

Edited by sng28

i think polishing parquet is very dusty... more dusty than your reno dust now~ maybe others can advise better~

actually if those area below carpentry is not polished, i won't be concerned cos you can't see anyway :P

haahah yeah okie noted..paiseh ..i'm really amateur here...thanks for your feedback marshy! been a great help as always!! :yamseng:

erms orh paiseh leh..can when i pass to you ah? thank u thank u :bow:

Tonight possible, Im going to look for lockset tomorrow.

Tonight possible, Im going to look for lockset tomorrow.

jasekl!!!!!!!!! i found mine! weird 50 by 72~~~!! omg omg happy but still need to eh touch up...but nm lah..watever.. shld be better than different specs..i think is lesser work...to 'mend' right hor hor..!

what type you looking for i've been around the shops maybe might see what you are looking for?

btw i found mine at this shop

Yiap Heng Cheong Hardware Pte Ltd. 294 Balestier Road. Singapore 329734 (near cheers, whampoa market) good luck bro!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Me looking for is old old type of design think should be ard 20yrs ago ba. Good to hear that u found it finally.

Me looking for is old old type of design think should be ard 20yrs ago ba. Good to hear that u found it finally.

hmm you can try the one i went to at balestier..or contact at bedok is another recommended place and they almost had mine..heard from a forummer he managed to find his extinct door lock from them though...hope you have same luck as me hor :yamseng:

Contat Decoration & Transport (Pte) Ltd.

Block 3018 Bedok North Street 5

#05-20/21/22/23 (EastLink)

Singapore 486132

Hi Sng28,

Finally ur reno completed and u showcase your masterpiece. Great.

Mine just started and hope everything went smooth.

I really admired u do so much things on your own that's indeed a great experience for u.

Hope to see more pic if any.....

Cheers :yamseng: and take care :seeya:

Hi Sng28,

Finally ur reno completed and u showcase your masterpiece. Great.

Mine just started and hope everything went smooth.

I really admired u do so much things on your own that's indeed a great experience for u.

Hope to see more pic if any.....

Cheers :yamseng: and take care :seeya:

bro! mine not completed yet..haahhaha erms delay...my MBR toilet still the same status as before..the hacked flooring is still there..hahaha just that kithen is really moving..or i would say...carpentry is moving hahahha

yours is william right? i heard he is more patient =x haahahha not sure if its true as i didnt hv a chance to work to him though... erms alot things do on my own coz...i'm picky yet i cannot say i wan...i can only say..wood and hommie feeling..i think any contractor or ID would kill me..and tell me u go tell me what u wan i do can liao...hahahahah

lots of learning experience..and LOTS OF QUARRELS with partner...ahahahha mine is like almost everytime we step out..coz i will whip out this LIST OF LUCKY ADDRESES, operating hours...estimated cost of items.....collated.. and start driving around..so most often i will quarrel..about no initiative....no ownership...engine buay start...arghhhh pek chek like its MY OWN HSE ..i'm reading, sourcing , finding , googling..driving...hahahah so erms its a very insightful learning experience from each OTHER ;) ;) hahaha :notti:

good luck k bro! :) feel free if u wan to ask me anything and if i can help.!

Oh oh not forgetting.. i've received HEAPS OF HELP AND ADVICE from MARSHYMALLOW AND JASKEL..both sis and bro and BESTEST I TELL U! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Edited by sng28

carpentry assistance! bro and sis can anyone guide me on why are there many of these punctures on the inside of my wardrobe, divider boards? :dunno:

photo33.jpg

photo32.jpg

photo31.jpg

also i have a few of these scratches on my door and no matter hw i used those cleanser/ Jif to clean it just wont come off...

how do we usually get the contractor to resolve such issue? :unsure:

photo30.jpg

Will definitely ask u lot of question since u volunteer lol :dribble:

To be honest, my ID really patient. Today, I told him of my new requirement to change the toilet door position. Instead of rejecting me, he explain the process needed such as reapply permit and additional cost to me and he will do it if I want. I told him to proceed and he comply to my request. Maybe more money coming to his company lah. (Ha Ha).

Overall till date I can only said that he impressed me and my family with his professionalism. Cos I really got very tight schedule (to complete all flooring/tilting work by 15 June and carpentry work by 23 Jun 2011).

Just a quick question how fast ur carpentry work complete? I refer from selecting of color ==> measurement ==> install. It seems like all ur carpentry is up but there is some minor hiccup tt u refer. I afraid tt I also will have to hiccup since both of us is the same carpentry.

Hope u resolve ur carpentry issue soon. Take care.

FYI, I also started my T-Blog which I will also upload my pic soon. Refer to below link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41214

bro! mine not completed yet..haahhaha erms delay...my MBR toilet still the same status as before..the hacked flooring is still there..hahaha just that kithen is really moving..or i would say...carpentry is moving hahahha

yours is william right? i heard he is more patient =x haahahha not sure if its true as i didnt hv a chance to work to him though... erms alot things do on my own coz...i'm picky yet i cannot say i wan...i can only say..wood and hommie feeling..i think any contractor or ID would kill me..and tell me u go tell me what u wan i do can liao...hahahahah

lots of learning experience..and LOTS OF QUARRELS with partner...ahahahha mine is like almost everytime we step out..coz i will whip out this LIST OF LUCKY ADDRESES, operating hours...estimated cost of items.....collated.. and start driving around..so most often i will quarrel..about no initiative....no ownership...engine buay start...arghhhh pek chek like its MY OWN HSE ..i'm reading, sourcing , finding , googling..driving...hahahah so erms its a very insightful learning experience from each OTHER ;) ;) hahaha :notti:

good luck k bro! :) feel free if u wan to ask me anything and if i can help.!

Oh oh not forgetting.. i've received HEAPS OF HELP AND ADVICE from MARSHYMALLOW AND JASKEL..both sis and bro and BESTEST I TELL U! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: