Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

My Little 2+1 Process Begins....

When and where? :)

Anywhere, just let me know in advance so that i can schedule my timetable. Thanks. Maybe can arrange a 'meet the house owner' session just like the PAP. :P So anyone need some advise also can join in.

Edited by jaskel

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi sng28, it is a very tough decision but i love your parquet. Very nice colour. For the matching tones, I think you can ask Jaskel for his opinion..this is indeed very tough decision. if match wrongly, will look very weird....:) emobebe

Hmmmmm..........ah........... :P From my understand that u do like dark wood colour as seem on your selection of laminates. if u do like the laminates that you have selected, then pls go ahead with it. That's 1 thing that you must remember, that is neither your ID or me or anybody else is staying there, it was you and your hubby so most importantly, you have to like it. Individual have different taste and likes, what I can do is to offer you some options and advises but u still make the final call.

Parquet flooring already consider a med. to dark colour wood, and the laminate that you have chosen is also dark + black glossy laminate. Doesn't mean it won't match but the laminate that u choose must have the impact or impression when one step into the house/room will notice it first(1st impression count).

Remembered what u like about the coffer table? The type of woodgrain and black glossy laminate mixed together. See the different of the woodgrain that you have chosen.

My link

Click on Couture Wood and see the woodgrain...more natural more real and that what you may want to consider on selecting of your laminates.

Edited by jaskel

Hmmmmm..........ah........... :P From my understand that u do like dark wood colour as seem on your selection of laminates. if u do like the laminates that you have selected, then pls go ahead with it. That's 1 thing that you must remember, that is neither your ID or me or anybody else is staying there, it was you and your hubby so most importantly, you have to like it. Individual have different taste and likes, what I can do is to offer you some options and advises but u still make the final call.

Parquet flooring already consider a med. to dark colour wood, and the laminate that you have chosen is also dark + black glossy laminate. Doesn't mean it won't match but the laminate that u choose must have the impact or impression when one step into the house/room will notice it first(1st impression count).

Remembered what u like about the coffer table? The type of woodgrain and black glossy laminate mixed together. See the different of the woodgrain that you have chosen.

My link

Click on Couture Wood and see the woodgrain...more natural more real and that what you may want to consider on selecting of your laminates.

wah jia lat i didnt know gt formica laminates as selection also...cham...and it looks nice..more cham.....and its like my selection thats delaying the process now =X :jawdrop:is this brand more expensive? i'm quite surprised why this is not in my collection of 5-6 catalogues....

emobebe and jaskel: meetup with our J-GURU can do it next weekend or Vesak Day if its alright with both as i'm gng to source for my remaining stuffs this weekend...or any other suggestions i can try to arrange to :) Btw i stay east how about both of you? :yamseng:

wah jia lat i didnt know gt formica laminates as selection also...cham...and it looks nice..more cham.....and its like my selection thats delaying the process now =X :jawdrop:is this brand more expensive? i'm quite surprised why this is not in my collection of 5-6 catalogues....

emobebe and jaskel: meetup with our J-GURU can do it next weekend or Vesak Day if its alright with both as i'm gng to source for my remaining stuffs this weekend...or any other suggestions i can try to arrange to :) Btw i stay east how about both of you? :yamseng:

Sng28 >> Can, no problem. I am at the west. No problem....I can take mrt or bus to Jaskel's place. What time ya??

Jaskel >> Can pm me your mobile number and your address? Thanks!

wah paiseh i think mislead you and maydream! Its a sample only i mean the concept of wood and white ...mine is only 6 door :D:D ahhahha so no need envy i belong to the norm! :good::good:

6 doors also big.... 6x 900mm leh.... That's like 18ft loh.

Not expensive at all especially for the wood grain laminate. If choose deco metal then is very ex. I staying in North East. I'm fine with next week. Meet at Bugis Junction if this more convenient for both?Anymore joining?

Edited by jaskel

jaskel> not expensive ah? mine told me expensive..peng :bangwall: haiz maybe i'm a little mafan when it comes to laminates i agree... =x but then...oh well...

emobebe & jas> sure sure bugis is fine with me no prob on that hehehe

been dead tiring duno doing what..and no pics taken...but sink support is up...its HUGE i mean its bigger than my previous kitchen depth..now my kitchen looks even more pathetic..........

for the first time i've heard..customer kena chased by ID for laminates and paint colours...ahahahha so this is what i've chosen :

Main Colour for Entire House – Chalk White 1135

Kitchen Wall – Misty 5078

Walk in Wardrobe (1 wall) – Whisper Grey 5009

Master Bedroom ( 1 wall )– Beige 5029

Bedroom 2 ( 1 wall) – Natural Cane 8167

Feature Wall – Mocha Delight 3160

Lets see how the tones will turn out...brain dead and dried man...... :seeya:

jaskel> not expensive ah? mine told me expensive..peng :bangwall: haiz maybe i'm a little mafan when it comes to laminates i agree... =x but then...oh well...

emobebe & jas> sure sure bugis is fine with me no prob on that hehehe

been dead tiring duno doing what..and no pics taken...but sink support is up...its HUGE i mean its bigger than my previous kitchen depth..now my kitchen looks even more pathetic..........

for the first time i've heard..customer kena chased by ID for laminates and paint colours...ahahahha so this is what i've chosen :

Walk in Wardrobe (1 wall) – Whisper Grey 5009

Master Bedroom ( 1 wall )– Beige 5029

Bedroom 2 ( 1 wall) – Natural Cane 8167

Lets see how the tones will turn out...brain dead and dried man...... :seeya:

Yeah, making a decision is not easy. Can understand..

Btw, I am ok with anything about the arrangement to meet up with Jas and you. But must tell me exact date and time cos I am very blur type...haha...:)

Edited by emobebe

Not expensive at all especially for the wood grain laminate. If choose deco metal then is very ex. I staying in North East. I'm fine with next week. Meet at Bugis Junction if this more convenient for both?Anymore joining?

hihi jaskel quick question for painting of wall usually one will not mix matex with main white that one is colouring for the entire unit right? I mean usually the can of paint is open and can be used readily already right ? Is there any mixing or diluting required ? I just need to ensure cause i'm worried that painter may mix matex white with the chalk white which i've picked. :dunno:

also..my rooms colour salah..supposed to colour 1 piece of wall with darker colour..end up entire room is coloured..i hope they can "clear" the part which is suppose to be painted chalk white and let it turn out chalk white and not turn out more yellow as the beige base is there already.......kams siahs again :sport-smiley-003:

hihi jaskel quick question for painting of wall usually one will not mix matex with main white that one is colouring for the entire unit right? I mean usually the can of paint is open and can be used readily already right ? Is there any mixing or diluting required ? I just need to ensure cause i'm worried that painter may mix matex white with the chalk white which i've picked. :dunno:

also..my rooms colour salah..supposed to colour 1 piece of wall with darker colour..end up entire room is coloured..i hope they can "clear" the part which is suppose to be painted chalk white and let it turn out chalk white and not turn out more yellow as the beige base is there already.......kams siahs again :sport-smiley-003:

wah, paint room also can paint salah...they didnt do a marking at the wall??? or the head didn't brief the painter...very headache. :( i hope they will do a correction for you soon.

wah, paint room also can paint salah...they didnt do a marking at the wall??? or the head didn't brief the painter...very headache. :( i hope they will do a correction for you soon.

hmm its more of a miscom coz i did indicate this exact paragraph in the email but contractor no time to go check email so ask me sms which i did... but i left the bracket wordings out coz its **** long and before that in the afternoon i told him which piece i want it to be painted darker for the rooms......and he was telling me coz i didnt indicate which is darker and which is lighter colour for each room ... and with a little of assumption and he took it as its the colour for entire room...instead of 1 wall...but nonetheless he is willing to repaint for me......coz i really cannot accept entire room.....!!!!! :bow::bow: :

Walk in Wardrobe (1 wall where mirror is fixed on , opposite wardrobe) – Whisper Grey 5009

Master Bedroom ( 1 wall where its coloured purple)– Beige 5029

Bedroom 2 ( 1 wall where its coloured pink ) – Natural Cane 8167

There shouldn't be any mixing or diluting required. But mixing it is one of the ways of cutting corners. Save cost earn more.

Edited by jaskel

There shouldn't be any mixing or diluting required. But mixing it is one of the ways of cutting corners. Save cost earn more.

Hihi jaskel I went back to check the paint my chalk white 1135 from nippon turns out greenish white! I looked ard only 1 can of org paint the rest in a big pail and the guy told me they pour out took away the can liao cox can sell for $$!!!! Is that true? ? And he also say see catalogue and on big wall colout will turn out diff one ... Didt know how chall white can turn out greenish and stale :(

Edited by sng28

Hihi jaskel I went back to check the paint my chalk white 1135 from nippon turns out greenish white! I looked ard only 1 can of org paint the rest in a big pail and the guy told me they pour out took away the can liao cox can sell for $$!!!! Is that true? ? And he also say see catalogue and on big wall colout will turn out diff one ... Didt know how chall white can turn out greenish and stale :(

Hmmm..........cardboard can sell for $$ so is the can tin......I do know that painters do like to pour 2-3 cans of the same paint together so that they able to paint faster as they use bigger roller. But some dishonest one will also mix the paint with cheaper paint or water and then discard the cans immediately. I did fired one of my painters before when I found out that he try to con me by doing this so that able to pocket a few hundreds more. Too bad for him cos he didn't know that for every house, before or during the painting work, I'll do a check on all the paint and whether the amount is correct not.

As for your case, yes the colour do will vary a little bit from the catalog but from chalk white to apple green is a bit too out. I can't said your painter is dishonest or trying to cheat u as I'm not there if not I'll be like framing him. Ask your painter to take a new can and paint it on another wall to see the different. This is the best way to verify. If it turn out to be 2 different colours, I do like to hear his side of explanation. Another things to take toke if the existing paintwork of the wall is green, then the 1st 2 coats may turn out a bit greenish too, but after a few more coatings, it will be the colour close to the catalog.

Hmmm..........cardboard can sell for $$ so is the can tin......I do know that painters do like to pour 2-3 cans of the same paint together so that they able to paint faster as they use bigger roller. But some dishonest one will also mix the paint with cheaper paint or water and then discard the cans immediately. I did fired one of my painters before when I found out that he try to con me by doing this so that able to pocket a few hundreds more. Too bad for him cos he didn't know that for every house, before or during the painting work, I'll do a check on all the paint and whether the amount is correct not.

As for your case, yes the colour do will vary a little bit from the catalog but from chalk white to apple green is a bit too out. I can't said your painter is dishonest or trying to cheat u as I'm not there if not I'll be like framing him. Ask your painter to take a new can and paint it on another wall to see the different. This is the best way to verify. If it turn out to be 2 different colours, I do like to hear his side of explanation. Another things to take toke if the existing paintwork of the wall is green, then the 1st 2 coats may turn out a bit greenish too, but after a few more coatings, it will be the colour close to the catalog.

wow, this is good to know! you still posting at this time...early in the morning...anyway, thanks I got your reply. :)