Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Demolition Of Walls & Erection Of Walls (In-Between Bedrooms)

Hey edenstrauss,

Thanks for your advice. Sounds good that he's the main contractor and supply all the rest.

But as I plan to keep within $45K for all these :

- over 35 ft run of cabinets in the kitchen, hacking of kitchen walls w Granite top (30 ft run)

- 1 toilet

- rewire whole house (37 power point)

- 27 lighting points (meaning 27 light switch)

- all lights (won't go after $XXX type, hence to keep within budget)

- replace water pipe + plumbing work

- removal of all existing build in cabinets

Not too sure if I am having a realistic budge. Just started to talk to some IDs (specifying that I only need their reno, contractor etc, I have already do up my own floor plan with measurement etc. Have not get any quotes yet.

Thanks for sharing ; )

Hi best wishes for your renovation!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi folks,

sorry for the delay in updating you guys on the progression of our newly created walls by Ah Cheong as shown in this thread.

We've painted one of the bedrooms (MBR) recently before the Chinese New Year & this is how it looked like with its new image.

Due to the poor lighting in the evening, the room looks dimmed out.

6835243785_5a65584599_z.jpg

The photograph below has marked out the locations of the 2 newly created walls:

6835243775_f98f08dce4_z.jpg

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi edenstrauss,

I'm looking for a contractor to install gypsum board to create one study room from my big living room. And like you, all the IDs I contact don't show their interest. Appreciate f you can share his contact with me?

Thanks a lot.

Hi edenstrauss,

I'm looking for a contractor to install gypsum board to create one study room from my big living room. And like you, all the IDs I contact don't show their interest. Appreciate f you can share his contact with me?

Thanks a lot.

Hi

Please check your renotalk mailbox becox I jux pm u his contact number.

U might wish to take note that his pricing are higher than the contractors becox of his skills, workmanship & good service. However I m of the opinion that it's worth the $$.

U don't require an id as there is no designing involved in your case. Moreover, if u go thru id firms, it'll cost u a huge bomb becox the id firm will mark up in addition to what their contractors had billed them.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi

Please check your renotalk mailbox becox I jux pm u his contact number.

U might wish to take note that his pricing are higher than the contractors becox of his skills, workmanship & good service. However I m of the opinion that it's worth the $$.

U don't require an id as there is no designing involved in your case. Moreover, if u go thru id firms, it'll cost u a huge bomb becox the id firm will mark up in addition to what their contractors had billed them.

Thanks a lot edenstrauss. I got your mssg. And thanks for the tips.

Hi folks,

sorry for the delay in updating you guys on the progression of our newly created walls by Ah Cheong as shown in this thread.

We've painted one of the bedrooms (MBR) recently before the Chinese New Year & this is how it looked like with its new image.

Due to the poor lighting in the evening, the room looks dimmed out.

6835243785_5a65584599_z.jpg

The photograph below has marked out the locations of the 2 newly created walls:

6835243775_f98f08dce4_z.jpg

one thing I cant figure out is why didnt you make your walls flush with the beams?

one thing I cant figure out is why didnt you make your walls flush with the beams?

I do not understand what u meant by "walls flush with the beams".

If you are referring to why both walls are constructed such that they were not aligned in a straight row with the HDB structural pillar, we are simply restoring the layout to its original condition. All the flats at our neighbourhood were fabricated as such by HDB.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi Edenstrauss,

Nice blog on your renovation process ! May i know if you could PM me the contacts for Ah Cheong as I'm thinking of doing some wall demolishing and sealing as well ? Thanks ! : )

Rgds

Des

I do not understand what u meant by "walls flush with the beams".

If you are referring to why both walls are constructed such that they were not aligned in a straight row with the HDB structural pillar, we are simply restoring the layout to its original condition. All the flats at our neighbourhood were fabricated as such by HDB.

Hi Edenstrauss,

Nice blog on your renovation process ! May i know if you could PM me the contacts for Ah Cheong as I'm thinking of doing some wall demolishing and sealing as well ? Thanks ! : )

Rgds

Des

Hi des, please check your renotalk mailbox. I have pm u ah cheong's contacts & would close off the thread within 2 days but u will still be able to see his contact number. However should u require further clarifications, please feel free to

Pm me directly.

Best wishes.

Hi

Can pm me Cheong contact

Thank

Kris

Hi Kris,

Kindly advise nature of your renovation assignment. Ah cheong is selective on his assignments eg he doesn't deal with grouting issues & wall touch ups.

Hi all,

I have started a new blog website & most of my topics which are started on renotalk forum would be "migrated" over there in due course.

For those who are interested in reading on, kindly visit my newly created blogging website, The Treasure Cove of Barbette at:

http://barbettey.blogspot.com/

Thank You!

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi folks,

I've successfully migrated this review & photographs of what Ah Cheong did for restoration works for my bedrooms (which used to be merged into 1 single super huge bedroom) to my newly created blog.

If you would like a comprehensive glance-over of it in blogging style, please feel free to visit this link which would direct you to the mini reno Ah Cheong did for my bedrooms:

Blogging title: Demolition & Fabrication of Walls (in between bedrooms)

http://barbettey.blogspot.com/2012/05/demolition-fabrication-of-walls-in.html

And I hope that u guys would enjoy reading the rest of the topics which had been backdated in my newly created blog!

cheerios! :yamseng:

Edited by edenstrauss

Nice blog on your renovation process ! May i know if you could PM me the contacts for Ah Cheong,thanks:)

Hi thanks for visiting my blog & being so generous with your compliments! :D

Please check your mailbox as I've already PM-ed you the contact number for Ah Cheong.

best wishes to your new home! :yamseng: