Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Tin Tin Broke The Cooling Day Rules..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/05...election-dept/

Netizen lodged complaint about Tin Pei Ling’s FB posting to Election Dept

A netizen by the name of Tan Yu Xiang has lodged an official complaint to the Election Department about a Facebook posting made by PAP candidate for Marine Parade GRC Tin Pei Ling.

Ms Tin allegedly posted a comment on ‘Cooling Day’ about her opponent Ms Nicole Seah on her Facebook, taking a potshot at her for crying during her speech made at a rally last night:

‎”OooOooOoooh so that’s REALLY what happened? Wow, I think tears in parliament is worse than ANYTHING ELSE!”

Ms Tin deleted her callous comment a few minutes later, but a snapshot of it was taken by netizens:

1. Stuart Phoon’s Facebook

2. 3in1kopitiam

Ms Tin’s comments on Nicole Seah may affect how voters view her which may not be allowed under the new election laws on ‘Cooling off’ day.

Under the Parliamentary Election Act, “publication and display of election advertising (including on the Internet and by SMSes/MMSes)… not already lawfully displayed or published before the start of Cooling-off Day.”

In his email, Mr Tan wrote:

“As a Singapore Citizen, I hereby request an investigation on this matter and also request an official reply with regards to this matter. Think accountability. This is just a notification of possible breaching of election rules and a duty of a citizen to pinpoint what’s right and what’s wrong.”

He has received an official reply from the Election Department which said it would ‘look into the matter.’

There are already some complaints of ‘double standards’ on the part of the Election Department in allowing PAP candidate for Holland-Bukit Timah Sim Ann’s candidacy to stand when she is still technically a civil servant and its decision to dismiss the nomination of 5 independent candidates for Tanjong Pagar GRC for missing the deadline by 35 seconds.

Unlike other First World countries, Singapore does not have an independent Election Department which, for some strange reasons, fall under the purview of the Prime Minister’s Office.

For enquiries, please call 1800 818 0088

For callers outside Singapore, please call +65 6818 0088

Fax: +65 6332 3428 | Email: elections@eld.gov.sg

ELECTIONS DEPARTMENT

quote fromThe Temasek Review

"She wanted to post the comment in her personal capacity, and she was using her mobile phone. But she didn't realise that she had inadvertently posted as my profile rather than her own ... It was an honest mistake."

- PAP candidate for Marine Parade GRC Tin Pei Ling on a controversial remark posted on her Facebook

=================

It's a honest mistake. Sound soooo familiar.. What is the next line... Let move on. KNS

Earlier, Tin had also violated the election rule when she asked for people to vote her in her Youtube video before Nomination Day.

Tanjong Pagar was a walkover at this GE because they rejected opposition's application and accused them of 35min lateness.:rolleyes:

Btw some Singapore forums are shut down since last night for us to 'cool' haha.

Edited by forgotten

as the saying goes, “官”字两个口, meaning, the official has 2 mouths, they say this also right, say that also right...

Honest Mistake , pls lets move on, we apologise.. ... :bangwall: LL lor.. ...

"I really dunno wat to say"... *stomp feet*

Edited by Kobelala

crocodile tear.

When I read this

Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, leadership, resourcefulness, and most of all, pure wizard blood.

It look soooo familiar

Election Dept asked NSP to make police report about its complaints

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/05/07/election-dept-asked-nsp-to-make-police-report-about-its-complaints/

The Temasek Review learnt that the Election Department has advised the National Solidarity Party (NSP) to lodge a police report about its complaints against the PAP team in Marine Parade GRC for allegedly flouting the election laws on ‘Cooling off’ day.The National Solidarity Party (NSP) has lodged an official complaint with the Elections Department regarding two instances of possible violations of Cooling-off Day regulations by the People’s Action Party (PAP) and/or its agent.

In the letter addressed to Mr Lee Seng Lup, the head of the Elections Department of Singapore, the NSP wrote:

1. Some persons had been distributing copies of a People Action’s Party booklet titled “Burning Questions” to residents of Tampines St 41 Block 428 earlier today. Such distribution appears to be in breach of the Parliamentary Elections Act (PEA), regardless of when the booklet had actually been published.

2. The use and operation of a Facebook account by, on behalf of and/or in the name of Ms Tin Pei Ling, a candidate for the People’s Action Party for the Marine Parade GRC, since the start of Cooling Off Day.

At or around 1333 hrs today, the following comment was posted in Ms Tin’s name through Ms Tin’s Facebook account: “OooOoooOooh so that’s what REALLY happened? Wow. I think tears in Parliament is worse than ANYTHING ELSE.

With the exception of Channel News Asia, the state media has blocked out all news about the “honest” mistake made by Ms Tin.

In the meantime, one netizen Gordon Aw reported an incident at a polling station in Marine Parade GRC:

“Some drama on the ground at one of the Marine Parade polling station near Serangoon Ave 3 – my neighbor went to vote and said some PAP candidate was seen speaking to residents prior to voting and an opposition candidate alleged that this is a violation of electoral rule.”

[source: Facebook]

Not forgetting the wonderful tears... ... :bangwall:

On the night before Cooling Day, PAP delivered leaflets to all blocks in my GRC. It threatens us that if we do not vote PAP, our property price will crash.

My nail manicurist who is a new Singapore citizen, asked me "Why Singapore Government threaten the people like that? China government does not do that".

Election Dept asked NSP to make police report about its complaints

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/05/07/election-dept-asked-nsp-to-make-police-report-about-its-complaints/

In the meantime, one netizen Gordon Aw reported an incident at a polling station in Marine Parade GRC:

“Some drama on the ground at one of the Marine Parade polling station near Serangoon Ave 3 – my neighbor went to vote and said some PAP candidate was seen speaking to residents prior to voting and an opposition candidate alleged that this is a violation of electoral rule.”

[source: Facebook]

I can't even access to TR for the past 1 week already, also this is not the first time, they did that during Cheng Sang time, it's not surprising... If it's the OP who does that.... LOL, then something like a very big hoo haa woo be created... ... .. I know the reasons.... the more they try such tricks, the more sick I will feel and the more I will know who to vote for... simple... .. and if I , on my right state of mind will feel sick, I believe so will many others.. ...